Quantcast
Nokia Suite bricked my Nokia - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Nokia Suite bricked my Nokia

My Ride
    W204

Default Nokia Suite bricked my Nokia

Anyone here have a Nokia phone? I have an E6. Started Nokia Suite this morning and it told me upgrade my Symbian Anna to Belle. I went ahead but halfway through, something happened with the update (definitely not my computer as it was working, did not go to sleep as I was working on it, etc...). Now my phone is bricked.

Anyone have any experience with this? I am hopeful there are at least a few Nokia experts on here that might be able to help me. I am downloading the Phoenix software right now. Hopefully it can do something but I am not hopeful as my computer can't even see my phone and it does not turn on.

I also tried calling Nokia Canada, but they won't even look at my phone, even if I paid them, as it came from Hong Kong. They did not officially release the E6 here. The stupid Indian bitch on the other end directed me to call some 3rd party retailers to fix it. So I told her list some. She didn't have any approved ones.
    You have a couple of photos that are great... you must be very good at photoshop!

My Ride
    BMW Z4 Coupe, XFR

Download Navifirm. Use it to download the Firmware you need. Make sure it is for the same RM number of your phone. Download Phoenix for Nokia. There are many tutorials online on how to do this. You need to flash as "Dead phone". Works like a charm. If you are using Win 7 make sure you run Phoenix as administrator or it will give you an error and not run.

Edit: If you hold the power button does it vibrate?
    Last edited by Nate; 02-28-2012 at 01:39 PM.

My Ride
    W204

Originally posted by Nate
    Edit: If you hold the power button does it vibrate?
    I get 3 vibrations after about 5 secs or so?

OK thanks for info. Just trying to find a version of Phoenix that is NOT infected with some kind of trojan.
    You have a couple of photos that are great... you must be very good at photoshop!

My Ride
    BMW Z4 Coupe, XFR

Oh they ALL say that they are infected but are not. That is what I found on a forum. I had the same thing and nothing.

Getting the 3 vibrates after holding the power button down indicates you can flash it.

My Ride
    2020 Subaru Forester Sport

Yep, vibe after holding the power button is flashable, been there done that on my wife's N8. Phoenix that bitch as a dead phone and you should be good to go. Using navifirm you can find the right variant for your phone, or you can flash a different varient if you feel adventurous. I flashed my wifes rogers N8 with nonbranded north american variant, so much nicer as it removes all the crap, plus rogers is never coming out with belle for their N8, so I just grabbed unbranded belle and flashed it

My Ride
    BMW Z4 Coupe, XFR

Yes. Now is a good time to debrand the phone and get rid of what you do not want. You said it was from HK. If you are looking for a firmware with a particular language you can download it or just go with something else if you do not.

Holy shit, reading these posts must scare the shit out of old people.....

"nya...see this here language ain't even english, george!!"

Hope you fix your phone!

My Ride
    W204

So... Should I trying to get it back to Anna or should I just try and shove Belle on there? Also does it matter which FW version really? Navifirm is showing so many versions for my phone.

Lastly, a whole bunch of files show up for download. How do I know which ones to tag, or do I just get all?

Thanks guys!!

My Ride
    BMW Z4 Coupe, XFR

Grab Belle. You want to update to that anyways. It is way better. As well if some of Belle's firmware is on your phone the phone will not let you put Anna on it. I am at work and cannot check what firmware you need. Just make sure you are on the right RM number. There will be a lot of firmwares for it. Find a NAM (North American) firmware unless you want one with another language, then find one that will suite what you need. Download ALL the files. You will need to put them in C:\Program files\Nokia\Phoenix\RMXXX (Or something like that). In Phoenix click File>Open Product Code . Open what RM-XXX number you have. Then click Flashing>Firmware Update. Press the ... button. If you put the Firmware files in the correct directory it should show. Click on it. Click on Dead Phone USB Flashing>Refurbish

This tutorial will walk you through. Skip the first 3 minutes.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ToojE...eature=related

My Ride
    W204

Sweet.. Thanks for the help! I'll let you know how it goes.

My Ride
    W204

Fuck me... I got the firmware from Navifirm and Phoenix. I followed the instructions. Except it stops at the exact same point as Nokia Suite did - got to a screen that says to disconnect the USB cable, pull the battery, plug in USB cable, pop in the batter, and press the power button.

Then nothing.

Do I need to install Nokia Suite? Just tried again and this time I did get an error message saying USB driver not installed, but only has happened this one time. No other time. And the light beside the USB port on my phone did flash a few times.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by clem24; 03-01-2012 at 01:22 AM.

My Ride
    BMW Z4 Coupe, XFR

If you try to turn on the phone do you get a white screen?

Make sure you are running Phoenix as Administrator. Remove your sim and any cards in your phone. Turn off any virus checker and firewall. Retry it.

If that does not work try the following.

After you start refurbish, and the dialogue appears Unplug the usb cable
    take out the battery ...
    Here you have to follow the instruction as it says..
    first unplug the data cable,
    then take out the battery,
    then plug the phone without the battery,
    then put the battery after plugging it
    and finally press the power button

Try a hard reset on your phone and retry flashing
    Download a different firmware and retry flahing with it
    Try flashing with Anna
    There is another program called JAF that does the same thing as Phoenix. I do not care for it but you may have more luck with it.

I had one phone I had problems flashing after it got bricked. I did not need the phone so when I heard there was a new firmware I tried the new one and it went into the phone.

A couple google searches indicate it could possibly have a corrupted boot loader and then it is pretty much toast unless Nokia will fix it.

My Ride
    W204

When I turn on my phone, absolutely nothing happens aside from those 3 vibrations after holding the power button down for about 5 secs. The only other response I get is the light beside the USB cable will flash for about 10 secs after the cable is plugged in.

I have already tried the 3 button reset and it does nothing.

I have already tried the unplug data cable, remove battery thing many times.

The only things left to try are running in admin mode and trying a different firmware version though I am having my doubts because I really don't think my computer is seeing the phone at all.

As I said, Nokia Canada refuses to look at it, even if I offered to pay them, as it was never released in Canada.

I'll try again tonight but if any of you guys want to give it a shot, there's a case of beer for ya!!! Fuck me I've owned this phone for only about 3 months.

Otherwise anyone know of any places that might be able to service it?

My Ride

Similar thing happened to my wifes phone, try this, it isn't very scientific but may work.

When it says "waiting for usb", if its taking a sweet amount of time, try pressing the power button for 5 seconds until you feel the vibes. To me it appears like the vibes are there if phone is on or off, but by holding the bottom it switches the mode to on (or off) as there is no visial way to see what mode it is in.

If its sitting there saying waiting, try the 5 second button hold and see if it will detect it then.

If you are downtown and can drop the phone off, I can try it at home, but no guarantees ofcourse. I like to tinker with shit, so I really don't mind

My Ride
    BMW Z4 Coupe, XFR

I just cheched Navifirm. You are trying to use firmware 111.130.622. There is a newer version 111.130.625. Try using that one. I could not find your product code in the list thought. There is a USA_black firmware.

I am in the far SE if you want to let me try.

My Ride
    W204

Originally posted by Nate
    I just cheched Navifirm. You are trying to use firmware 111.130.622. There is a newer version 111.130.625. Try using that one. I could not find your product code in the list thought. There is a USA_black firmware.

I am in the far SE if you want to let me try.
    Yeah that's why I opted for the slightly older version. Still I don't think the actual firmware is the problem.. I think the computer is having issues talking to the phone. But then that's just my opinion.

Anyway it's in eblend's hands right now as he works like 2 blocks away from me (thanks bud!!). Fingers crossed that he can revive it. Stupid thing is I can't even sell it cause my info is still on there and there's no way to wipe it out.

Maybe last resort is to send it to some relatives in HK but by then, the costs will mount and likely not worth it in the end.

Looks like E6 smashing vid on youtube then.

My Ride
    BMW Z4 Coupe, XFR

Hopefully Eblend will get it done for you.

A couple more things to try are uninstall Nokia Suite, reboot comp and retry flashing. If it does not work try reflashing but click options in Phoenix on the Flashing screen and check the "Ignore Invalid SW version".

My Ride

The phone is fixed!

Tried a bunch of shit, including trying to charge it but nothing worked. Remembered that my nokia uses the same type of battery, plugged that in and finally my computer was able to pick up on the drivers and was able to restore with phonix without much issues after that.

All up and running latest belle!

My Ride
    W204

Thanks a billion eblend! So that was the problem?? The battery was depleted??

My Ride

Originally posted by clem24
    Thanks a billion eblend! So that was the problem?? The battery was depleted??
    I think the phone was fucked in such a way that the programming required to charge the phone was no longer there or was not functioning, that is why it wouldn't charge even when plugged in. After I put in my battery I was able to get the phone to detect on my computer and flashed it with phonex. After the flash, the charging is working just fine. So yah, without a second battery it would have been a no go. Spend like 4 hours on this sucker on a friday night haha, and after I put the battery in it was ready in 15 min.

I was starting to wonder how the hell your computer was even detecting the phone at all, as mine made no noise at all when pluggin in, yet it would still vibrate like expected, so there was enough juice in there to trick me into thinking it should detect and flash, when it just had enough juice to vibrate to tell me the battery is dead, when in reality it appears to use the same vibrate signals when its dead.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast