Quantcast
what would you guys do? - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 1 of 4 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: what would you guys do?

My Ride
    changes every year

Default what would you guys do?

so, this week i will definitely be picking up the new family vehicle, 2012 Dodge Journey R/T. now, my problem is i have 4 vehicles but only room for 3.

i need to sell one to fund my 1968 mustang project but i dont know which one. these are the 2 vehicles in question.

i love the GT4 purely for how good it is in the winter, but the TL is no slouch either with winter tires.

i love the TL because its a much more luxury ride than the GT4 and much more "grown up" and i love the VIP look, which is ultimately what i want to do with it, where as i wont be touching the GT4 as far as mods go anymore.

either way it doesnt matter, as my wife wont be driving either one since whe will have the Journey to drive, im just torn myself.

any feedback is much appreciated, help sway my decision, ask any questions if it helps the process!

Sell the GT4, anyone being forced into the back seat is hating the experience. If you have kids, two doors are terrible anyway. My two cents....
    Last edited by CanmoreOrLess; 02-28-2012 at 04:19 PM.

My Ride
    1995 WRX STi

Originally posted by CanmoreOrLess
    Sell the GT4, anyone being forced into he back seat is hating the experience. If you have kids, two doors are terrible anyway. My two cents....
    Screw the kids, you just bought a frikin Journey for god's sake. I guess you do have the Mustang, but the TL doesn't scream VIP, it screams grandma.

My Ride
    SRT Charger

The GT4 is nice, but I would keep the TL. A sedan is much more family friendly so you will actually be able to drive it.

My Ride
    2011 Mustang GT

Originally posted by 510-Trevor
    The GT4 is nice, but I would keep the TL. A sedan is much more family friendly so you will actually be able to drive it.
    +1

If you have 2 toys, but only room for one, remove one toy.
    Beyond's Most Wanted

My Ride
    Blue boy

Keep the Ackurah

Shouldn't this be posted in first world problems?

My Ride
    changes every year

i have a 3 year old that loves the GT4 and i won be having anymore kids so thats one reason im thinking of keeping it.

as far as the TL being grandpa, you're right, but its ok maybe not VIP, but close...heres a good example.

My Ride
    A vehicle or two

First world problems.

I would keep the TL personally, but since you just bought a journey there doesn't seem to be much need for the TL....If they're both essentially toys keep the one that's more fun.
    Originally posted by rage2
    #1: don't ever question me.

My Ride
    changes every year

^^thats my dilemma. for sure the GT4 is more fun, but ill have the Mustang and the TL is just a nice solid cruiser and will eventually be even nicer.

My Ride
    Fit Dugan Signature (2016)

Is the GT4 RHD? That would be my deciding factor.....
    Originally posted by SJW
    Once again another useless post by JRSCOOLDUDE.
    Originally posted by snowcat
    Don't let the e-thugs and faggots get to you when they quote your posts and write stupid shit.
    Originally posted by JRSC00LUDE
    I say stupid shit all the time.
    ^^ Fact Checked

My Ride
    changes every year

that it is sir and yes i know FWP lol

Default Re: what would you guys do?

Originally posted by 03ozwhip
    my 1968 mustang project
    Originally posted by 03ozwhip
    but ill have the Mustang
    I have no opinion either way, but it seems to me that you expect to be driving your project car whenever you want. Ask yourself how accurate that assumption is.

Which is worse?
    "Oh man, getting in the back seat is a pain"
    "Oh man, I wish I could drive a fun car right now. It's a shame the Mustang is on jack stands"

I don't know how much of a project that Mustang is going to be but you don't have 2 fun cars unless both are drivable.

My Ride
    Fit Dugan Signature (2016)

Or.....if you only have room for one, find a new "one" and sell them both to get it! haha

I guess it also depends how far off the mustang is. Is it cruising ready or are you a year or two off? If you don't have it ready then I'd likely keep the GT4, even in spite of the RHD (i just personally can't get into those....not that my personal feelings matter).

I'd keep track of the next ten or twenty times you go for the keys and see which ones you instinctively go for. That'll tell you which car you like to drive more. Just don't think about it first.
    Originally posted by SJW
    Once again another useless post by JRSCOOLDUDE.
    Originally posted by snowcat
    Don't let the e-thugs and faggots get to you when they quote your posts and write stupid shit.
    I say stupid shit all the time.
    ^^ Fact Checked

My Ride
    oooo

If you like buying transmissions and front ends the Acura is the way to go! especially if you really enjoy driving something with absolutely no soul.

I had a CL-S and it was the crappiest vehicle i've ever owned. FWD, clunking all the time in the front end and slippy tranny. The "luxury" interior IMO is on the same level as a Buick. The crappy grey plastic trim drove me nuts.

The GT4 is not trying to be anything it isn't and in your case I would keep it.
    2017 VW Jetta 1.4T (winter car)
    2010 F-350 Nortruck Tool Shed
    2007 BMW 5 (Wifey's)
    2004 Audi A4 1.8T 6spd Stage III w/ Meth
    1985 F-250 6.9L IDI w/ATS turbo

My Ride
    changes every year

Originally posted by Mibz
    I have no opinion either way, but it seems to me that you expect to be driving your project car whenever you want. Ask yourself how accurate that assumption is.

Which is worse?
    "Oh man, getting in the back seat is a pain"
    "Oh man, I wish I could drive a fun car right now. It's a shame the Mustang is on jack stands"

I don't know how much of a project that Mustang is going to be but you don't have 2 fun cars unless both are drivable.
    i was hoping fo this summer, but unsure still as i havent decided on a color for it yet so i cant put it back together. also, my plan was to originally sell the GT4 for the mustang project, but then we bought the Journey so now i can pick between the 2 and neither one has to go any time soon as ive moved the mustang to another garage.

Or.....if you only have room for one, find a new "one" and sell them both to get it! haha

I guess it also depends how far off the mustang is. Is it cruising ready or are you a year or two off? If you don't have it ready then I'd likely keep the GT4, even in spite of the RHD (i just personally can't get into those....not that my personal feelings matter).

I'd keep track of the next ten or twenty times you go for the keys and see which ones you instinctively go for. That'll tell you which car you like to drive more. Just don't think about it first.
    tehres no doubt in my mind for fun factor i would always take the GT4 keys, but i do also want to just cruise low and slow in a comfortable ride.

My Ride
    B5 S4, UrQ, UZJ100, 990 SMR

Isn't maintenance on GT4's a bitch? Doesn't the clutch require 15hrs of labour to replace?

GT4's are a cool (abliet a bit girly) car, but I would sell both and get a more cost effective winter beater.
    Originally posted by InRich
    tell her I'll pick her up in the vette
    Originally posted by InRich
    The X5 i bought earlier this year really is FULLY LOADED though not a single option missing including infrared night driving

My Ride
    Buffalo Truck & An Angry Kitty

Is there a booster seat in the back of the GT4? If not, will one fit?

You're going to have a toy (Mustang), dump the GT4 IMHO.
    "Masked Bandit is a gateway drug for frugal spending." - Unknown303

My Ride
    changes every year

Originally posted by sillysod
    If you like buying transmissions and front ends the Acura is the way to go! especially if you really enjoy driving something with absolutely no soul.

I had a CL-S and it was the crappiest vehicle i've ever owned. FWD, clunking all the time in the front end and slippy tranny. The "luxury" interior IMO is on the same level as a Buick. The crappy grey plastic trim drove me nuts.

The GT4 is not trying to be anything it isn't and in your case I would keep it.
    you hit the nail on the head with the tranny and front end stuff. although, i had my tranny repaired last year with "better than OEM junk" as they put it so im not worried about that and the front end, just now only the lower ball joints need replacing and thats the first time ever for this car.

its been reliable and it looks decent while its low and with nice wheels and it doesnt make me look like an 18 year old like the GT4 does haha both cars have things going for them, thats why its a hard choice.

i sold my MR2 and my lowrider and i totally regret it, so i want to be sure im going to do the right thing.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 ... LastLast