Quantcast
Former MRU Student's Association President charged with bank robbery - Page 6 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 ... LastLast

Thread: Former MRU Student's Association President charged with bank robbery

My Ride
    Rude

MRU might just have the largest hallway in any school, but UofC has the biggest staircase. What you gon do mrc kids?

My Ride
    2018 Lexus IS350 AWD F-Sport 3

How about all the grads of each school post how much they make! Because that will determine which school is better! While were at it, lets each post who can take the longest piss.
    These opinions are entirely my own and do not represent any other person or organization.

My Ride
    2013 Genesis Coupe

Originally posted by riceboi

Now tough part is when you look for a job out there, most of the guys in the hiring postition and upper executives are from UofC or UofA. They won't hire grads out side of UofA or UofC unless they have no choice.
    Someone is talking out of their ass?
    Every single grad that I personally know from my program at MRU is working in O&G. Every single one.

Most of them started at O&G while a few worked at other places right after graduation and then after a couple years of experience they moved into O&G.

Mount Royal grads (I can only speak for business) have no problem finding jobs that start at the exact same wages as UofC.

Originally posted by dj_patm

Someone is talking out of their ass?
    Every single grad that I personally know from my program at MRU is working in O&G. Every single one.

Most of them started at O&G while a few worked at other places right after graduation and then after a couple years of experience they moved into O&G.

Mount Royal grads (I can only speak for business) have no problem finding jobs that start at the exact same wages as UofC.
    Laughable...

What jobs do you're MRC friends get...because I've worked for two major E&P companies and I can tell you not one single person that has a MEANINGFUL role or a decent career path is from MRC. There are some MRC and SAIT kids no doubt...but they are doing bullshit admin jobs while students from real universities are doing the important jobs. Also not one person I know from MRC has ever been one of the core LEGG's

My Ride
    Saab 9-5

Pass the bacon pls.
    http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/3/34/The_Smoking_Man_(X-Files).jpg

My Ride
    10' 4Runner SR5

Originally posted by riceboi
    Personally I took courses at all three institutions and I have to say that the level of education/difficulty at SAIT and MRC are not up to par compared to UofC. You can get an A easily @ both MRC and SAIT without too much effort
    I hear this time and time again from people that have taken courses at both. You know what I hear? "You have to know more material," not "the teaching sucks."

I'm all for Mount Royal giving the UofC some competition, it'll be better for both schools. But lets not forgot that not long ago (or maybe still), Mount Royal was a TRANSFER school so you could get some university credit while you tried to swindle your way into the UofC or UofA instead of being accepted directly. So you went to Mount Royal to do some bullshit courses and got As (ie: showed up) and were able to transfer over.

I'll say it again. Talk to major O&G recruiters that hire in business, engineering, geosciences, accounting etc. Which school would they rather hire from? Of the recruiters I know (albeit not many), the choice is always one - which one do you think?
    Ultracrepidarian

My Ride
    Giant Reign

Really depends what you're doing - I started a comm degree (PR) in 2010 at MRU. Turns out it's eons ahead of the program at U of C; I've been at functions with graduating students and even people in the workforce with the U of C degree and I can confidently say I know more about this stuff than they do after a year and a half in the MRU program. In this case it's because U of C is all theory and MRU is both theory and applicable skill buildling, a nice after effect of being a college.

Guessing business isn't much of a comparison though, I'd much rather do that at haskayne.

What I'm really worried about is how much smack talking will happen when we start competing in CIS and get demolished in every game of every sport.
    Several studies have investigated the relationship between intelligence and the degree of religious belief (excluding humanism), with most showing an inverse correlation between intelligence averages and the "importance of religion" to the testee.

My Ride
    You Crazy

Jesus! Who's the moron that derailed this thread?

My Ride
    Nothing Good.

Well after 6 pages of thread, one things forsure, from here on out, every fat chick I see will be known as a "Ham Planet" But please less school debate and moar Ham Salad!
    A Ferrari is a high maintenance chick, you spend money regardless of what you do with her. You can baby the C63, or slap on all seasons, and you won't be spending anything but yearly maintenance. Of course that's like dating a stripper and refusing to fuck her, which would make you gay.

Originally posted by Rage2

My Ride
    Sausage Wagon

I was told by a couple of U of C staffers not to apply there because it's a shitty university with shitty professors. I mean by name, I'd rather have U of _ on my degree, but not that badly.

It's funny that Toma and TypeS_1 are bringing up the grad/JD/Med programs they'd never get into

Edit: I know lots of people who are doing a degree at MRU just to take a cheaper route to law/med eligibility.
    Last edited by CUG; 03-03-2012 at 12:32 PM.

Originally posted by teamPRO

howbout suck my black kettle...

Originally posted by CUG
    I was told by a couple of U of C staffers not to apply there because it's a shitty university with shitty professors. I mean by name, I'd rather have U of _ on my degree, but not that badly.

It's funny that Toma and TypeS_1 are bringing up the grad/JD/Med programs they'd never get into

Edit: I know lots of people who are doing a degree at MRU just to take a cheaper route to law/med eligibility.
    I never talked about those programs...but I could easily get into grad/law school...not Med because I have no interest/haven't touched science in 5 years. Someone seems to be a little jealous though haha.

If you are going to lawschool I would highly suggest going to a crackerjack school like MRC because it is extremely easy to get a high GPA compared to normal schools like UBC, UofC,UofA etc etc. It would be the better choice and I have actually suggested it to people.

My Ride
    Ferd Fteen Thousand

Jesus, I first would take what Type_S1 says with a grain of salt, he has an ego to fill this whole thread.

Second, you're all over-valuing who prints you a piece of paper way to much. Experience is what matters, after couple years out of school nobody cares where you went to school. Sure an MRU student might end up at a lower rung then a UofC student in the job market, but you're education doesn't mean anything if you're a useless employee with a terrible track-record and vise-versa if you're a useful employee.

Then you have all the professionals and independent wealthy who simply worked there way up. Sure it isn't going to be easy and is less likely. But it happens, my buddies father is a Junior High drop out, who went to jail at one point for armed robber, turned millionaire business owner.
    Last edited by Maybelater; 03-03-2012 at 12:55 PM.

Originally posted by tbomb
    but UofC has the biggest staircase.
    This may be the biggest selling point for Mount Royal to fatasses. There's nothing quite like watching some dumb cow exceed the stress envelope of a knee joint going down the stairs.

My Ride
    2013 Genesis Coupe

Originally posted by Type_S1

Laughable...

What jobs do you're MRC friends get...because I've worked for two major E&P companies and I can tell you not one single person that has a MEANINGFUL role or a decent career path is from MRC. There are some MRC and SAIT kids no doubt...but they are doing bullshit admin jobs while students from real universities are doing the important jobs. Also not one person I know from MRC has ever been one of the core LEGG's
    They're all doing some sort of jobs in the Supply Chain field which is what there degree was. Not on a good career path? I know two of them are making almost 6 figures and they're still fresh out of MRU.

Gotta love UofC kids. You guys think you went to Harvard and are going to be CEO's within 5 weeks of graduation. Newsflash, once you get a foot in the door, whether you went to one shitty university or to another even shittier university no longer matters. Its how good you are at your job and at building relationships with those above you.

Also I've seen your starting salary surveys so get of your high horse. $48,000 average out of Huskayne a year? I made more then that to start before I even finished my degree working in transport for a shitty big box retailer.

Here's the list:
    http://haskayne.ucalgary.ca/files/ha...y%20Report.pdf

God I hate the arrogance that spews from UofC students/alumni.

My Ride
    66 Accord

I don't care what any of you say about MRU. I am loving the BCIS program. Every prof I have had so far has taught or been a TA at UofC and tell me that our degree students are just as good at UofC.

To each their own. This place is a better learning environment for me. I think I would hate going to UofC.

My Ride
    Squdixxer 600

^Jason?

My Ride
    10' 4Runner SR5

Gotta love UofC kids. You guys think you went to Harvard and are going to be CEO's within 5 weeks of graduation.
    Who are you talking about when you say "you guys?"

Newsflash, once you get a foot in the door, whether you went to one shitty university or to another even shittier university no longer matters. Its how good you are at your job and at building relationships with those above you.
    I don't think anyone was disputing that fact. Can you please point out where someone has? Additionally, it makes a huge fucking difference if it means getting your foot in the door or the door slammed in your face.

Also I've seen your starting salary surveys so get of your high horse. $48,000 average out of Huskayne a year? I made more then that to start before I even finished my degree working in transport for a shitty big box retailer.
    And uneducated rig workers can drop out of high school and make over six figures if they worked hard, ending up making over 1000+/day at their peak. What does salary have to do with doing what you want as a career? But just out of curiousity and because you want to make this strictly a dick measuring conteset via salary, how much are you making or expecting to make come graduation? Moreover, can you provide the PDF showing the average salaries for Mount Royal business undergraduates? I mean if we're going to compare, lets look at the data.
    Last edited by msommers; 03-03-2012 at 02:24 PM.
    Ultracrepidarian

.sorry double post plz delete
    Last edited by gatorade; 03-03-2012 at 05:36 PM.
    sig deleted by moderator, click here for info

Originally posted by gatorade
    "U of C hunts for ‘champion’ to enhance its quality of teaching

Administrators seek to fill new vice-provost position as students complain of lacklustre instruction at institution
    Read more: http://www.calgaryherald.com/hunts+c...#ixzz1o5gFQXGs
    sig deleted by moderator, click here for info

My Ride
    2003 Mustang Cobra

They're all doing some sort of jobs in the Supply Chain field which is what there degree was. Not on a good career path? I know two of them are making almost 6 figures and they're still fresh out of MRU.

Gotta love UofC kids. You guys think you went to Harvard and are going to be CEO's within 5 weeks of graduation. Newsflash, once you get a foot in the door, whether you went to one shitty university or to another even shittier university no longer matters. Its how good you are at your job and at building relationships with those above you.

Here's the list:
    http://haskayne.ucalgary.ca/files/ha...y%20Report.pdf

God I hate the arrogance that spews from UofC students/alumni.
    Yeah, I can vouch for a couple people I know working for Talisman Energy, one for Apache, One even opened his own restaurant ( TYN - The Yellow Nectarine).

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 ... LastLast