What a crazy night @ Home - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 1 of 3 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: What a crazy night @ Home

My Ride
    Eclipse

Default What a crazy night @ Home

UPDATE:

Update:

The police came to my house today while I was at school, however the door was locked this time and they did not get in, when I arrived at school they came to my apartment again.

This time was a a complaint that there was kids screaming (maybe getting beat?)

And my apartment had been investigated again, It was my neigbour that had just moved in a week ago under me calling the Police on me, thinking I am beating my wife and kids. (I'm a 24 year old male, with no kids or G/F)

It finally clicked to me that the people on the 1st floor have kids and there is a wife living there. I ended up telling the police the situation and that it is most likely the family on the bottom floor.

There was 2 squad cars this time and 3 police officers.

I am not sure what the final verdict was and if it was my neigbour downstairs that was screaming and the kids yelling, however this is my theory.

No guns pointed this time, and the officers really interested in me making money in poker, and asking my buddy if I ever yell and break shit when I'm playing poker (99.9% of the time I don't)

So I'm sitting in my room playing Poker with my music on and completely zoned into Poker and nothing around me, There was knocking at my door which I did not hear, and than the two officers entered my house and started to yell with there guns pointed.

I left my room seeing who was in my living room, I had expected it to be random friend just coming into my APT, as I usually leave my door open for my friends to randomly come into my place as they wish..

I come out of my room with 3 Pokerstars games open worth $220 and two Police officers standing there with guns pointing at me and to put my hands up over my head.

The one female officer starts to inspect my apartment while the other officer is with me, telling me to keep my hands up in the air and not move. She goes into my Bathroom and Room with the gun pointing, and than enters my room mates room (He wasn't home) with her gun pointing. I'm standing in shock with my hands still up not knowing what the hell is going on.

After they finish inspecting my apartment and find nothing, I finally ask "What is going on here"

They reply, "There was a complaint from somewhere downsitars that they had heard a women screaming upstairs in your apartment."

They start asking if I heard any screaming, and I reply I was playing poker and I did not hear anything.

I end up asking the officer if I can go back to my room to finish my games, as I'm losing a bunch of money standing here, as to what they reply "Is it really that Important?"

I reply back - "Well I think I've lost about $200 since you have entered my apartment"

They finally leave my apartment and I realize I should get a Business card to have Pokerstars e-mail them back so I can get a refund on the money I had lost while I was not able to move, the officer gives me a business card I go back to my apartment.

I e-mail Pokerstars telling them the story, and that in total I had lost $160 in buyins, as I won the last game I had loaded and do not need a refund for the game.

Pokerstars replys back to me 30minutes later with this:

Thank you for your patience in waiting for our response regarding your tournament refund request.

We are sorry to hear about your ordeal. We have reviewed your playing history for the tournaments:

As we consider you a valued player at PokerStars, we have issued a credit of $220.00 to your account for the tournaments that were adversely affected.

In closing, we appreciate your business and hope that you recover quickly from what has happened to you.

Thank you for choosing PokerStars and best of luck on the tables.

Regards,
    So Yah, i asked for $160 to be refunded and Pokerstars had given me $220 for my problems. I love Pokerstars <3

Pretty crazy experience, I have never had a gun held up to me until tonight.

I have no intentions of actually sueing the police, however my friend has said that the police used "unlawful entry" to enter my apartment, however I would do the same as a Police officer and was investigation a complaint about a female screaming in my apartment. I am now curious as to what the law is on this though? My door was closed, however unlocked and the police had opened it to enter my suite.
    Last edited by Kobe; 03-06-2012 at 03:23 AM.
    Originally posted by beemerm3
    so if we only seen 5 % of the oceans why not drain them or somethin lol or can u even transfer water from one ocean to another??? think of all the stuff u'd find treasures n eerything.

My Ride
    A vehicle or two

Wow... crazy story man. Who says Friday nights at home aren't exciting?

Amazing that Pokerstars gave you your money back. Mad props...

luxor Guest

Default Re: What a crazy night @ Home

Originally posted by Kobe

I have no intentions of actually sueing the police, however my friend has said that the police used &quot;unlawful entry&quot; to enter my apartment, however I would do the same as a Police officer and was investigation a complaint about a female screaming in my apartment. I am now curious as to what the law is on this though? My door was closed, however unlocked and the police had opened it to enter my suite.
    The situation that you were in tonight was a call for a welfare check, under those circumstances they do not need a warrant to enter your premise as someone's life could be in danger at that moment so trying to obtain a warrant is unreasonable and it would be reasonable to force entry (if they had to).

My Ride
    Eclipse

Default Re: Re: What a crazy night @ Home

Originally posted by luxor

The situation that you were in tonight was a call for a welfare check, under those circumstances they do not need a warrant to enter your premise as someone's life could be in danger at that moment so trying to obtain a warrant is unreasonable and it would be reasonable to force entry (if they had to).
    This is exactly how I see it as well, however my friend said otherwise. I have no problems with them entering because of the the call and "someone screaming for help"

I think I would be more pissed off if the Police did not enter my apartment.

Pretty shocked about the whole incident though.
    so if we only seen 5 % of the oceans why not drain them or somethin lol or can u even transfer water from one ocean to another??? think of all the stuff u'd find treasures n eerything.

My Ride
    XT6

Originally posted by Kloubek
    Amazing that Pokerstars gave you your money back. Mad props... [/B]
    That's a drop in the bucket.

I'm not sure whether Pokerstars considers the OP an actual VIP, but these companies will do almost anything to retain good customers.

My Ride
    Eclipse

Originally posted by Chandler_Racing

That's a drop in the bucket.

I'm not sure whether Pokerstars considers the OP an actual VIP, but these companies will do almost anything to retain good customers.

I have actually been invited for a Pokerstars dinner in Calgary with 6-12 other Supernova+ members on Pokerstars.. Free food + Booze for 1 night in April (This doesn't occur for everyone)

I think I'm paying roughly $35,000-$40,000 in rake to play on pokerstars, and am def a very valued client for there website.

I've been playing for a living from pokerstars for the last 3 years, and they have made a good chunk of money from me.

My Ride
    XT6

I have actually been invited for a Pokerstars dinner in Calgary with 6-12 other Supernova+ members on Pokerstars.. Free food + Booze for 1 night in April (This doesn't occur for everyone)

I think I'm paying roughly $35,000-$40,000 in rake to play on pokerstars, and am def a very valued client for there website.

I've been playing for a living from pokerstars for the last 3 years, and they have made a good chunk of money from me.
    We measure our VIP's by transfer to volumes. I think our top VIP level requires the player to transfer around $2.29m / year.

As long as you don't use Moneybookers - you're good in my books

My Ride
    Nothing

Default Re: What a crazy night @ Home

I have no intentions of actually sueing the police,
    This isn't the USA
    sig deleted by moderator, click here for info

Originally posted by M.alex

This isn't the USA

Im sure you understand that he might of meant complain as well under the term "sue".

Nothing to see here, manlet, just move those small legs along.

Do you live in the NE? (someone had to)

My Ride
    Unit 91 come in 91

wow thats awesome good on pokerstars!!

Shitty about the police lol

My Ride
    Nothing interesting anymore

Default Re: Re: Re: What a crazy night @ Home

This is exactly how I see it as well, however my friend said otherwise.
    Your friend needs to learn the law before spewing his version of them. That being said, if they found anything illegal you were doing, aside from beating some girl up, they wouldn't be able to use that against you (ie you had a big bag of weed on the counter or something)

My Ride
    '21 F150 PowerBoost

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: What a crazy night @ Home

Originally posted by Tik-Tok

Your friend needs to learn the law before spewing his version of them. That being said, if they found anything illegal you were doing, aside from beating some girl up, they wouldn't be able to use that against you (ie you had a big bag of weed on the counter or something)
    actually, they would be able to bust you for weed on the counter as it is in plain sight, while legally entering the premises on the welfare check. They would not be able to search everything to look for the bag of pot, and if they did go searching for it while on a welfare check, it would not be admissible in court. The fact that it would be on the counter, and in plain sight, would allow them to use that as evidence, again, while entering the premises legally.

That is like saying they did a welfare check, and found someone making pipe bombs and not being able to do anything about it because it was only a welfare check. If it is in plain sight, and illegal, the police are allowed to act on it.

Same thing goes for a car when you get pulled over. If you refuse an officer the ability to search your car, but you have a crack pipe visible on the back seat, that gives the officer the ability to arrest you for drug paraphernalia, and search the rest of your car without a warrant.

This is my understanding anyways, and who knows, I could be completely wrong.
    Boosted life tip #329
    Girlfriends cost money
    Turbos cost money
    Both make whining noises
    Make the smart choice.

Originally posted by Mibz
    Always a fucking awful experience seeing spikers. Extra awful when he laps me.

My Ride
    Hondas

Default Re: Re: Re: What a crazy night @ Home

Originally posted by [Yu]

Nothing to see here, manlet, just move those small legs along.
    I laughed so hard at this I almost burnt my house down

Wow this is what society has become? Nobody is upset that the police entered the OP's home based on a vague complaint? This is no different from a home invasion, id be pissed! Not to mention having a fucking gun pointed at me! Id want some answers if it was me.

My Ride
    '21 F150 PowerBoost

Originally posted by RY213
    Wow this is what society has become? Nobody is upset that the police entered the OP's home based on a vague complaint? This is no different from a home invasion, id be pissed! Not to mention having a fucking gun pointed at me! Id want some answers if it was me.
    Boosted life tip #329
    Girlfriends cost money
    Turbos cost money
    Both make whining noises
    Make the smart choice.

^^^So youre cool with the police bursting into your house based on a nonexistent neighbors complaint?

My Ride
    A vehicle or two

No, I can understand RY213's post. People handle trauma differently - and make no mistake about it... having a gun pulled on you is certainly traumatic for most people. Kobe seems to have handled it quite well - but others might be even more rattled.

I'm not sure the pulled guns were required under the circumstances, but I wasn't there. I too would expect them to investigate and enter the home under the circumstances. I wouldn't be happy about it at all, but I would understand. But if someone is pissed and wants a further explaining and communication about the event, I certainly think they are entitled to it.

^^^So youre cool with the police bursting into your house based on a nonexistent neighbors complaint?
    Who said it was a nonexistent neighbor?

My Ride
    '21 F150 PowerBoost

I really dont want to get into a pissing contest with you because your hatred of the police is well known.

So, you know this complaint was non-existent? or did you just pull that part out of your ass, again?

Would you have rather that the police did nothing, and then we all read that your house was burglarized with you in it, and you were killed, and no one reported the commotion, or the police did nothing to investigate the loud banging coming from your residence? Or would you rather them just keep banging on the front door until the burglar decided to let them in?

Or maybe you like to hit your wife or girlfriend, and hate your neighbors snitching on you?

Wow, that's a whole lot of assumptions for one post huh?
    Boosted life tip #329
    Girlfriends cost money
    Turbos cost money
    Both make whining noises
    Make the smart choice.

My Ride
    03 Mdx, 05 Gli

Originally posted by luxor

So, in this situation, assume they would have kicked in the door, they'd be responsible for fixing that, correct?

Page 1 of 3 1 2 ... LastLast