Quantcast
Honeymooon in Europe - Beyond.ca - Car Forums

Thread: Honeymooon in Europe

Default Honeymooon in Europe

I've been given the task of planning our honeymoon in late September and we've decided we want to do Europe.

Neither of us has been to Europe before, so I'm not really sure where to start when it comes to planning.

So far, we've decided on a list of places we'd like to check out:

Paris for sure
    Italy for sure (florence, venice, rome)
    Germany (not sure which cities are worth checking out, suggestions?)
    Greece (maybe a short 5-day cruise through Greece and a few other places?)

We plan on going for two weeks total and we don't want to stay in hostels or anything.

Are there any websites where I can start to look for more information/prices/hotels?

Also, our plan is to fly to one of Paris/Italy/Germany from Calgary, then fly or train to the other places. I've heard that flights and train tickets are fairly cheap and available once we are already in Europe. Any ideas if it's better to go this way, rather than pre-book everything?

Any help would be appreciated!

Thanks

Ryanair and easyjet for flights. Honestly I'd stick to a few places if it's only 2 weeks. So much to see and do and you don't wanna waste your time traveling between places.

My Ride
    Hybrid

Hotels
    www.venere.com
    www.booking.com

Flights
    www.skyscanner.net - you can find flights for super cheap on this site. Unless you want to be flexible in travel, I don't see any reason not to book ahead.

5 hour rule of thumb is pretty good if you're debating between train/bus vs flying.
    Originally posted by max_boost
    Hey baller, any problem money can solve is no problem at all. Don't sweat it.

^^As above check out skyscanner for sure, ryanair and easyjet are very limited in their locations whereas skyscanner will just give you all the airlines between whatever your destinations are.

And i also agree that with 2 weeks i would maybe 3 cities, and spend a few days in each. Me and my gf did 5 cities in 2 weeks last summer and it was just too short for each city, i would stick to 3. Lots to see and do in rome thats for sure, ive heard that paris is kidna disappointing for many, but just just word of mouth . Venice is very cool. If you are thinking about germany, hit up berlin
    Originally posted by Modelexis
    If I have questions about my phone bill, I don't post it on beyond, I call telus.
    Originally posted by D911
    worst part is definitely when the dudes smacking it with his dick like that inside out anus owes his dick some money.
    the crap you find when you dig through ask leo

YYC & a huge farm in the (deep) south, central Sask
    My Ride
    12 cars trucks & bikes. From 1938 till new.

Crazy, check out Florence for sure. Its fucking amazing, to put it negatively. Here is an unfinished thread I started making of the two weeks I spent there, then the two weeks I spent in Rome last year.

I'll post it all here when Im done, but here is a bit of it, mainly Florence & a couple wineries in Tuscany.

http://www.mx6.com/forums/lounge/246...c-intense.html

Its probably a wise idea to pre-book everything here. Just because there may be language barriers; and that can fuck up quite a bit of things. We booked the hotels & everything here... which gave us a lot of piece of mind to go explore and not worry about anything.

Train travel is quite cheap in Europe, and most people do speak some english.
    Last edited by Graham_A_M; 03-05-2012 at 08:25 PM.
    "The music business is a cruel and shallow money trench, a long plastic hallway where thieves and pimps run free, and good men die like dogs. There's also a negative side"

My Ride
    z31

Agreed, pick a few cities (3-4max) and spend less time in transit

Travel days quickly eat up your time, especially if you've never been. You'll want to get to the stations early, not worry about getting lost, and then move your bags into your new accommodations once you arrive. Don't forget that some trains can take a while, and aren't always on schedule.

I would also recommend you arrive in one city (say Paris to start) and end your vacation from another (say Rome). That way you save travel time closing the loop.