Quantcast
LF: Intermediate Controls Engineer / Technologist - Beyond.ca - Car Forums

Thread: LF: Intermediate Controls Engineer / Technologist

My Ride
    BMW X5

Default LF: Intermediate Controls Engineer / Technologist

THE ROLE

Our ideal candidate is an early to mid-career Instrument & Controls professional who has some direct experience working with Safety Instrumented Systems, either through a vendor, EPC firm, or owner/operator. You have 3 – 10 years of experience in the world of controls on oil and gas installations. Direct field experience with the installation and commissioning of PLC, DCS and SIS systems would be an asset.

THE INDIVIDUAL

You have demonstrated a passion for process/functional safety and are keen to expand your Controls knowledge with a world leader in the rapidly evolving fields of Process/Functional Safety. If you do not have your TÜV – SIS Functional Safety Engineer accreditation, we will not just help you acquire it but keep you challenged applying it.

We want an engineer or technologist who is self managed and comfortable working with a minimum of direct supervision once you’re clear on your goals. Ultimately, if you are innovative, passionate about process safety, can liaison with clients directly and manage client expectations, you have the character, motivation and capabilities we need.

Duties & Responsibilities:

Develop and analyze control requirements for existing and new facilities (i.e. petrochemical plants, pipelines and utilities).
    Evaluate existing control systems for reliability, availability, life cycle, testing procedures, maintenance and operating procedures.
    Analyze specifications for safety and control systems; produce block diagrams; propose control systems & instrument bus architectures; incorporate review comments into design requirements.
    Manage project planning, execution, installation, commissioning and system validation.
    Complete and report on SIL Determination and Validation Studies, Safety Requirements Specifications and Contingency table development.
    Evaluate control and safety system alternatives; prepare preliminary cost estimates; prepare reports with recommendations.

Education and Qualification:

Engineering degree or Engineering Technologist diploma with I & C background.
    Minimum of 3 years experience in control systems.
    Procedure writing skills.
    Narrative writing skills.
    Able to work independently.
    Able to work in an office environment and at remote sites.
    Entrepreneurial aptitude.
    Excellent interpersonal skills (written and oral), proactive, organized, self motivated.
    Long term career interest.

Please PM me your info.

Sounds just like me...

Except I am more Senior that intermediate...

Do I work for you already ???

Whats your company name ??

PM if you like.
    2011 Ram 1500 QC Sport
    2017 Jeep Cherokee Limited