Quantcast
Fuck futureshop (mass effect 3) - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Fuck futureshop (mass effect 3)

My Ride
    has darth kitty

Default Fuck futureshop (mass effect 3)

so... this is the second time ive pre-ordered at futureshop.. and this is the second time theyve been fucking douchefucks. the whole point of pre-ordering is to ensure that you get the item guaranteed..with bonus items/codes.

First time i pre-ordered, they sold out and i admit i did get there late..(next day) and i didnt get the bonus PRE-ORDER codes...

Second time i pre-order.. which is for ME3 today, i get to future shop to pick up my limited edition steel tin.. they tell me that theyve sold out.. i ask how... did i not pre-order to guarantee myself a copy of the game? The dumb cunt replies.. we dont hold pre-orders, its first come first serve........ i ask WTF... then what the fucks the point of pre-ordering.. she shrugs and says she doesnt know.. and then proceeds to tell me to go to a different location to pick up a copy.. but the catch is there are no more limited edition tins at any store.. so i ask for a refund of my 30 bucks.. she tells me she cant do that because its a pre-order...... (btw shes a manager) i ask if she has any more pre-order bonus content codes.. she then tells me that those are all first come first serve, not reserved for pre-orders. im legit pretty pissed at this point. so i leave and go to the next futureshop to go grab a regular copy of ME3. i get to this one and the guy tells me the exact same thing. they dont reserve PRE-ORDER content for PRE-ORDERS.

The what the fuck is the point of pre-ordering?... seriously..
    ...thats my rant...

PS. FUCK FUTURESHOP
    PSS. i only bought there because i had a gift card.. never fucking shopping there again.
    poop

My Ride
    growls

At best buy we didn't even have the tin copies, but we had collectors in only PC. We had 25 tshirts & a lot of the codes to give out. Maybe try BB next time? That being said, two people ordered the XBOX Collectors edition and only one was going to be able to get it because all the preorders went to online and all the stores got shafted because of it.

But yeah, I don't really get the whole preorder thing..... On the first day usually you send people to customer service but even then they just have a big stack over there, not even the amount that were preordered.. at least I don't think so.

Thaco is offline sucks off little boys (ya, don't fuck with rage2 bitch!!!)
    My Ride
    Rage2

it's not only futureshop, it's any game stores.. all a preorder does is give them the confidence that you'll buy from them... no benefit to the customer
    User title molested by Rage2.

Quote Originally Posted by rage2 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    It's not the size that matters, it's the taste it leaves in your mouth.

Quote Originally Posted by JRSC00LUDE
    I say stupid shit all the time.
    ^^ Fact Checked

Quote Originally Posted by Misterman View Post
    No logic, thought, input, etc from cult member...

My Ride
    335xi 70 c10 84 c10 Indian chief

eb games has always held my copies of limited editions and stuff for me, i was a week late with gow3 and they still had my collector edition sitting there for me.

My Ride
    '16 FoRS, '09 UZN215, '90 Z32, '15 Grom

For some reason, I find a lot of the female managers at FS and BB to be extra useless and incompetent and love to piss customers off.

Not even sure how they became managers.

But yeah, WTF is the point of pre-ordering if it's going to sell out when you get there? EB doesn't do that as far as I know because I would put down a deposit.

My Ride
    CLK 55 / 2g Eclipse / EP3

This is why I wait a year after a game release, no point in dealing with high prices and this BS.

My Ride
    Silverado

When I pre ordered the gt5 collectors at GameStop i picked it up atleast a week after the game came out. Went in, my name and ore order receipt were on the box.

My Ride
    2015 Hyundai Veloster

Someone gave me a $50 Futureshop gift card as a gift and it took me 2.5 years before I finally bought something there, a new mouse. It was then I realized how useless this store is to me.

I once pre-ordered Gran Turismo 4 at EB Games which was to be released on a Wednesday. On Tuesday night they call me and I picked it up at somewhere around 10pm, fresh off the truck before anyone else was able to get them the following day. No problems.
    Originally posted by Go4Long
    or else what? you'll turn on the caps lock?
    you do realize this is the internet right? lol
    Originally posted by rob the knob
    mar, you are good guy at heart
    you must realize your limitations
    then you will be happy if you fine place in live
    Originally posted by blitz
    Jesus man, I know you like Transformers, but you need to get out more. No one should get this upset over a movie based on children's toys.

I worked at Future Shop and even working there I never pre-ordered anything. I typically don't like EB games, but they at least seem to have their pre-order shit down.

Future Shop / BB just seem to be "sloppy" about it and dont actually keep track of any of the pre-orders at all.

Also one thing that ALWAYS baffled me, even working there - why are their returns / exchanges SO long to do? I used to work customer service at A&B sound and I could do a return/exchange in under 2 minutes. At future shop, I shit you not its about 10-20 minutes per customer.
    Originally posted by Mibz
    She's already exhibiting signs of turning into my Mom, I need some sort of legal recourse if a full-blown transformation occurs.

My Ride
    Tesla Model 3 AWD

Originally posted by Disoblige
    For some reason, I find a lot of the female managers at FS and BB to be extra useless and incompetent and love to piss customers off.
    I also find female managers useless. They should never be promoted.

My Ride
    has darth kitty

eb games has always held copies of pre-ordered games for me. i wish i could rage on stupid FS employees
    poop

My Ride
    2017 Ford Fiesta ST

I will only EVER pre-order a physical copy of a game from EB Games. As far as I can tell, they're the only games retailer that has a specific policy about pre-orders.
    Geek

My Ride
    Civic CX, Mazda Protege

My Ride
    Mazda 3 GT

That's something I learned the hard way too. I pre-ordered a game from Best Buy last year and when I went to get it, they were sold out. Thye told me the same thing: they don't reserve copies for the pre-orders. Which to me, makes no sense at all, because then what's the point of putting the money down, right?

While I can deal with that policy, I'd be super choked if they also didn't give me the pre-order bonus. That's the biggest reason why I choose to pre-order something, and unfortunately it seems like BB/FS get really good bonuses. They need to change that policy though; it sucks for the customer.
    Originally posted by JRSC00LUDE

Stop with the antics. Beyonder.

Nerd World Problem

Originally posted by sputnik
    Nerd World Problem
    Ha

I stopped pre-ordering when my Diablo 2 CE didn't show up until the day after release while my buddy's little bro walked into London Drugs and picked it up that afternoon.

I don't really buy console games anymore and I'll just pirate the pre-order/collectors bonuses for PC games if they're worth it.

My Ride
    2017 Ford Fiesta ST

Yeah... it really does seem that EB is the only place that actually holds a copy for you. It even says on the pre-order receipt when you put your money down: "New releases are held for 48 hours." So they give you two entire days to go get your stuff, before it's available for a distribution pool, but they usually hold em for a week or more. Everywhere else, it seems that the general thought is "Give us money, then fuck off"
    Geek

My Ride
    starts with a screwdriver...

Originally posted by revelations
    This is why I wait a year after a game release, no point in dealing with high prices and this BS.
    This! I never buy games on release day/week. I just bought MW3 yesterday and got it for cheap and no BS.
    I MAKE BALLER CARS MORE BALLER.....

My Ride
    TL

i probably wouldn't have left without a full refund. that is so bizarre, i've never heard of that

My Ride
    Horse

If I pre-order it's EB. I'll use amazon if i have to I just hate waiting for my games in the mail.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast