Quantcast
Ultra Music Festival - Page 2 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Ultra Music Festival

My Ride
    Born in Stuttgart

SHM one last tour closing and Armin so far are the only two announced.

My Ride
    '06 GS430

Not Ultra, but going to EDC for the second year in a row.

Was debating going to Ultra but honestly them making it two weekends turned me off because I didn't want to run the chance of going Week 2 when the dj's I wanted to see were during Week1, or vice versa. Unless they plan on having the same artists playing both weeks.

My Ride
    R6///R50

Originally posted by fly_26
    Not Ultra, but going to EDC for the second year in a row.

Was debating going to Ultra but honestly them making it two weekends turned me off because I didn't want to run the chance of going Week 2 when the dj's I wanted to see were during Week1, or vice versa. Unless they plan on having the same artists playing both weeks.
    Most likely hitting up EDC this year too. You grabbing VIP tix, or is it not worth it?

My Ride
    '06 GS430

Originally posted by GS430

Most likely hitting up EDC this year too. You grabbing VIP tix, or is it not worth it?
    Depends. I didn't do VIP last year and didn't feel I missed out on anything, whereas I had a few buddies who did and they would do it again if asked.

The pro's is you do get in faster, and have a separate bar area to buy drinks and an elevated stage to a couple of the stages. Personally, I preferred to be in the crowd. You definitely can get in faster with VIP but even with GA tickets I don't recall waiting in line that long (when you factor in the amount of people there), and if you go earlier you'll get in just fine. Also I heard the security isn't as tight at the VIP entrance but people in GA didn't have any issue bringing stuff in (if you're into things besides drinking).

For $500 for VIP I'd rather get GA and use the money saved to hit up the pool parties during the day that will be going on at XS, Marquee, Tao, etc. But in the grand scheme of things VIP is only like $200 more so it's not a life changer if you splurge a little and get it.

Either way you should definitely do it up, EDC is a great time.

My Ride
    R6///R50

Originally posted by fly_26

Depends. I didn't do VIP last year and didn't feel I missed out on anything, whereas I had a few buddies who did and they would do it again if asked.

The pro's is you do get in faster, and have a separate bar area to buy drinks and an elevated stage to a couple of the stages. Personally, I preferred to be in the crowd. You definitely can get in faster with VIP but even with GA tickets I don't recall waiting in line that long (when you factor in the amount of people there), and if you go earlier you'll get in just fine. Also I heard the security isn't as tight at the VIP entrance but people in GA didn't have any issue bringing stuff in (if you're into things besides drinking).

For $500 for VIP I'd rather get GA and use the money saved to hit up the pool parties during the day that will be going on at XS, Marquee, Tao, etc. But in the grand scheme of things VIP is only like $200 more so it's not a life changer if you splurge a little and get it.

Either way you should definitely do it up, EDC is a great time.
    Hey thanks for the awesome write up man, really appreciate it. Sounds like typical 'VIP' perks, and I don't think most of my friends would justify spending the extra 2 bills lol.

First day of EDC falls on my birthday this year, I'm pretty stoked haha.

My Ride
    Ioniq 5

I tried getting the early bird EDC tickets but got dragged out to a co-workers going away party over lunch and missed it

Going to try again in January and land some tickets, none of my friends will give a definite answer that they'll go, not sure if I should but a few spares in case they come or say fuck it and just go myself.

My Ride
    '06 300C SRT8, '04 ZX6R

I'm rocking EDC this year, can't wait! Would love to go to Ultra but I'm stuck at work which really sucks

My Ride
    Born in Stuttgart

When do they normally announce phase 1?

My Ride
    2005 Subaru Legacy GT Limited

Should be soon, Deadmau5 was announced today too.

My Ride

Phase 1 announced!

Ultra Music Festival has revealed the first phase of its 2013 lineup. Sadly, there’s no Daft Punk — but the lineup does include Avicii, Bassnectar, Tiësto, Afrojack, Fatboy Slim, Calvin Harris, Hot Chip, Crystal Castles, Yeasayer and Thievery Corporation alongside previously confirmed headliners Swedish House Mafia and deadmau5.

Also playing are Carl Cox, Armin Van Buuern, Above & Beyond, David Guetta, Richie Hawtin, Knife Party, Boys Noize, The Bloody Beetroots, Kaskade, DJ Fresh, Matt & Kim, and Booka Shade. Two more phases of the festival’s lineup are still to be announced.

As previously reported, Ultra 2013 takes place over two weekends (March 15th-17th and 22nd-24th) at at Bayfront Park in Miami. Three-day and VIP passes for both weekends are currently available.

Looks crazy already! Definitely needs some Daft Punk though.

On a side note, I know I'll be definitely avoiding Deadmau5 haha.

Originally posted by psycoticclown

what a piece of shit show he had today. heard he was the same in van and edm. Worst DJ EVER.

My Ride
    Camaro 2SS

Do EDC tickets typically sell out quickly? How long are they available for?

Thinking of going, but need some time to make a decision.

My Ride

Originally posted by l/l/rX

what a piece of shit show he had today. heard he was the same in van and edm. Worst DJ EVER.

Absolutely the worst DJ i've seen, some of the most expensive tix too. Boring as shit, doesn't know how to transition, doesn't know how to drop, doesn't know how to get the crowd going. Just fucking shitty.

My Ride
    Acura RSX Premium

Originally posted by badatusrnames
    Do EDC tickets typically sell out quickly? How long are they available for?

Thinking of going, but need some time to make a decision.
    the last two years, EDC didn't sell out until May, and its at the end of june, so you have lots of time to decide. im trying to budget for EDC as well, but i bought my shambhala tickets

Shambhala all the way

My Ride
    R6///R50

Originally posted by rockwolf2001

the last two years, EDC didn't sell out until May, and its at the end of june, so you have lots of time to decide. im trying to budget for EDC as well, but i bought my shambhala tickets

Shambhala all the way
    No offense man, but Shambhala looks like a dirty hippy fest. Do people even shower?

Can't really compare EDC to Sham, totally different styles of festivals.

Originally posted by GS430

No offense man, but Shambhala looks like a dirty hippy fest. Do people even shower?

Can't really compare EDC to Sham, totally different styles of festivals.
    Yes, people shower, and no, it's not a "dirty hippie fest". Don't knock it til you've actually experienced it.

Both are crazy good, but youre right that they are different festivals.. I've been to both and I prefer shamb because you're totally immersed in the experience vs. edc where you're in Vegas and have to travel 2 hours each way. It's nice having your camp 5 mins away from the events.

My Ride
    Born in Stuttgart

Originally posted by psycoticclown
    Phase 1 announced!

Looks crazy already! Definitely needs some Daft Punk though.

looks pretty solid soo far.
    Agree it needs a little Daft but if Daft in coming it will be timed with the Coachella announcement/new disc dropping to increase the hype.

I would also love to see DADA LIFE

My Ride
    Born in Stuttgart

for those going how bad are your flights?
    I have 3 flights both ways

My Ride
    2013 Genesis Coupe

lol I laugh so hard when Deadmau5 calls himself a "live" act.

Unless he's completely overhauled his act he is nothing close to "live". IMO, Fading in and out your own stems is less impressive then putting together a good dj set.

My Ride
    Ram 1500, '68 Camaro, S14

Originally posted by sabad66

Yes, people shower, and no, it's not a "dirty hippie fest". Don't knock it til you've actually experienced it.

Both are crazy good, but youre right that they are different festivals.. I've been to both and I prefer shamb because you're totally immersed in the experience vs. edc where you're in Vegas and have to travel 2 hours each way. It's nice having your camp 5 mins away from the events.
    shower? what?

i just dip into the freezing cold ass river daily

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 ... LastLast