Quantcast
Places to try in Edmonton - Page 4 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 3 4

Thread: Places to try in Edmonton

Quote Originally Posted by Clever View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Any recommendations for places near the the law courts? I’m here for another week and getting sick of the cafeteria food for lunch.

all the downtown workers seem to love El furniture warehouse. Its not what you think based off that name. Cafe amore isn't too far away and is awesome for lunch.

Hit up sabor for dinner when you get the chance.

My Ride
    LEXUS LX470

such a strange story that place is. 25' high ceilings and they come in to renovate and drop the ceilings down to like 9 foot. So strange.
    Tap, Rack, BANG!

Quote Originally Posted by gwill View Post
    all the downtown workers seem to love El furniture warehouse. Its not what you think based off that name. Cafe amore isn't too far away and is awesome for lunch.

Hit up sabor for dinner when you get the chance.
    I’ve been to El Furniture in Calgary, but only for drinks. I’ll check it out. Went to Sabor with coworkers last time it was recommended, would go again for sure, but im solo this trip.

My Ride
    93 240sx SE, 17 Infiniti Q50S, 2008 Highlander

If you want Chinese, All Happy is Edmontons equivelent to your guys closed down Golden Inn BUT menu is more white washed.

Hot pot: Liuyishou Hotpot

Viet Subs: Nhon Hoa 2 (I think these are just as good as OG Saigon Deli in Calgary, when I have my cravings and cant go back to YYC)

Chicken For Lunch: Its in the food court of one of the office buildings, but all the office workers line up and go ham for Amys "crack chicken" that got her famous. Very busy at lunch. Typical 2-3 item chinese take out but I dunno, white people love it. (she also owns the first chinese restaurant in Edmonton "The Lingnan")

Someone already mentioned Syphay for Lao/Cambo food

Pho: Pho Tau Bay (been a long time since I've been here, last time was years ago walking by and seeing all causasians inside and not 1 head of black hair so may not be representative that their food sucks)**not racist its just the way it is when it comes to restaurants**

SFC Seoul Fried Chicken - Great Korean fried chicken. Their 5 piece chicken set was amazing value at $11 (now $14.75 for pop/water or $14.10 with beer)
    Last edited by dj_rice; 03-03-2023 at 06:44 PM.
    Originally posted by GTS Jeff
    You know those bored stay at home moms who's entire lives revolve around driving their kids to soccer, various cleaning accessories, and worrying about neighbourhood rapists? The kind of people that watch the View and go "uh huh..." Those unfulfilled people who try to fill the void in their empty lives by writing whiny letters to the editor complaining about shit that no one really cares about?

Well imagine if instead of writing that letter to the editor, she just posts on a car forum for car enthusiasts. That's Kritafo.

My Ride
    LEXUS LX470

for viet subs I say that banh mi cali is the absolute best but something has been up with their opening times and availability since the original owner went AWOL. But super good bread and subs. Over by the royal alex.
    Tap, Rack, BANG!

My Ride
    *The First*

Are these places still near #StabbyCourtHouse or have you moved the thread back to just anywhere in Edmonton?

Someone let me know how Smokey Bear is now that Accent is gone. I miss Accent so so fucking much...

My Ride
    93 240sx SE, 17 Infiniti Q50S, 2008 Highlander

Quote Originally Posted by ThePenIsMightier View Post
    Are these places still near #StabbyCourtHouse or have you moved the thread back to just anywhere in Edmonton?

Someone let me know how Smokey Bear is now that Accent is gone. I miss Accent so so fucking much...
    Most places are 10-15 min walk from stabby place.

Banh Mi Cali is too bougie for me man. $13-14 banh mi's. Phuc Dat. Thats white collar money crowd or new millenial foodie. $6-7 max.
    Originally posted by GTS Jeff
    You know those bored stay at home moms who's entire lives revolve around driving their kids to soccer, various cleaning accessories, and worrying about neighbourhood rapists? The kind of people that watch the View and go "uh huh..." Those unfulfilled people who try to fill the void in their empty lives by writing whiny letters to the editor complaining about shit that no one really cares about?

Well imagine if instead of writing that letter to the editor, she just posts on a car forum for car enthusiasts. That's Kritafo.

Ok, so SFC was not bad at all, should’ve ordered the small combo, the 5 piece was way too much food and it was pretty cheap for what you get! Across the street is a Ramen place but it was just ok. Kelly’s Pub was close by so that was a plus. The Canadian Icehouse across my hotel was also disappointing. Tan tan was a great suggestion, definitely would go there again for lunch. I will try the Vietnamese places when I go back in April.

I was there for two weeks and sure there was a ton of homeless, strung out people but they kept to themselves. I walked everywhere even at night and the ones I came across only asked for cigs but I don’t smoke.

My Ride
    This and that.

Oh man should have seen this before. I know all the joints in and around the courthouse..obviously. Thanh Thanh is one of my fav.'s, unless it's the same you're referring to as Tan Tan? Right off downtown, decent sized place with crappy parking in the back. The sate pho is unreal there, my favourite of everywhere. Padmanadi's is another joint right next to it, vegan food but damn so flavourful with items like ginger chicken, ginger beef, curry chicken etc. but all vegan.

Someone mentioned Banh Mi sub by Royal Alex, also great place. But year they just randomly open and close as they want which can't be good for business. Had a young owner used to be a super talkative and friendly guy who I thought was a great at customer service/building clientele but haven't seen him in over a year. Beef sate sub is the go to there.

There's a Ramen place in Oliver in downtown, right beside Goodlife also unreal. There's another Ramen place not far from there just off 104th that is sort of few steps down in the basement - will need to find the name.
    Last edited by shakalaka; 03-07-2023 at 01:24 AM.

My Ride
    *The First*

Different. New Tan Tan is a Chinese and Dim Sum place on 97th Street right across from Canada Place, almost at Jasper Ave.

2002civic is offline Held my GTI hostage and got unbanned
    My Ride
    19 SQ5/22 Pilot BE/18 RS3

Something by the airport so you get gtfo quicker.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 3 4