Quantcast
Anyone here work at Mercedes? - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 1 of 6 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: Anyone here work at Mercedes?

My Ride
    This and that.

Default Anyone here works at Mercedes?

Sold my 350Z, so been looking at what to get next. One of the options is the C350. Wondering if anyone here works for any of the Mercedes showrooms, who can educate me on these and sell me on one. Already test drove a 2009 one last night and I guess it wasn't too shabby.

And potentially hook me up with some sort of a deal.

Thanks

PS: A bit of an opinion tangent. Been looking at the C350 and the 335xi coupe. Not a fan of 3 series sedan at all and generally don't like sedans. Don't seem to mind the C350 though. Any other options I should be looking at that are similar to the two mentioned one's.
    Last edited by shakalaka; 03-11-2012 at 04:07 PM.

My Ride
    www.jordanlotoski.com

I have a sales guy I use at Hyatt. I just bought a car from there last week, Got a great deal and Justin, the sales guy there is awesome.

Go see him or Steve Lundy (sales Manager) tell him I sent you in
    Last edited by JordanLotoski; 03-11-2012 at 11:38 AM.

"BEYONDS OFFICIAL REALTOR"
    Instagram @jordan_empirewest
    Ranked #1 RE/MAX Professionals (2013-2022)
    Ranked #2 RE/MAX Agent Calgary (2017-2020)
    Ranked Top 100 Re/Max agent Western Canada (2013-2021)
    Ranked #56 RE/MAX Agent Worldwide (2014)
    Ranked Top 100 Re/Max Agent Canada (2013-2020)

Check out my mobile app
    goagent.ca/98F1B2F9

My Ride
    Beetle

Other cars that I looked into before I bought my C Class other than the 3 series are the A4, G37, IS350, and TL.

If you are looking at the 2009 C350's, remember that you'll be getting the older style side mirrors and some of the options included in the packages will be different from the 2010+.

I'd definitely recommend the premium package as it included pretty much all of the amenities you'd want (panoramic roof, keylessGO, COMAND w/ Navi, parking sensors). 2010+ came with the backup camera as well.

Keep an eye out on the wheels as well, the stock wheels for a C350 are the split 5 spoke 18" wheels, but it was possible to option the split 6 spoke 17" wheels as well at N/C. Two trims are available, the standard one you see pretty much everywhere is the AMG sport package which has the MB logo in the grille. There are a few luxury packages as well, but that had to be selected at the dealer and includes the lux grille with MB hood ornament and a different body (bumpers and skirts). Designo Nappa Leather was an option that year, but a pricey one, most had ARTICO (MBtex) interiors.

I believe there was an additional optional service item as well after two years during Service B...I think it had something to do with the brakes, I'd check to see if that was done. Also check the fog lights for rock chips/cracks, they are prone to them pre-LED upgrade in 2011. Three basic paint options that were N/C: Arctic White, Black, and Mars Red. All of the metallics cost extra, but are well worth it IMO.

My Ride
    Deebee8

Originally posted by JordanLotoski
    I have a sales guy I use at Hyatt. I just bought a car from there last week, Got a great deal and Justin, the sales guy there is awesome.

great group of guys there! my sales guy was Phil and he was awesome to deal with, and thanks to Steve they worked out a great deal for me

My Ride
    www.jordanlotoski.com

Originally posted by jdmsource

great group of guys there! my sales guy was Phil and he was awesome to deal with, and thanks to Steve they worked out a great deal for me
    Yeah Steve is a no Bullshit tell it how it is guy which I love. Justin was very patient with my wife as she had a hard time deciding on what car she wanted in what colour combo. All in all one of the best experience's Ive had buying a car.

Check out my mobile app
    goagent.ca/98F1B2F9

Last edited by Cos; 01-01-2017 at 07:37 PM.
    Originally posted by adam c

Line goes up, line goes down, line does squiggly things and fucks Alberta
    "The stone age didn't end because we ran out of stones"

My Ride
    93 240sx SE, 17 Infiniti Q50S, 2008 Highlander

What did you just buy?Please tell us
    Originally posted by GTS Jeff
    You know those bored stay at home moms who's entire lives revolve around driving their kids to soccer, various cleaning accessories, and worrying about neighbourhood rapists? The kind of people that watch the View and go "uh huh..." Those unfulfilled people who try to fill the void in their empty lives by writing whiny letters to the editor complaining about shit that no one really cares about?

Well imagine if instead of writing that letter to the editor, she just posts on a car forum for car enthusiasts. That's Kritafo.

My Ride
    www.jordanlotoski.com

Originally posted by dj_rice

What did you just buy?Please tell us
    Sold my wifes X5 and she wanted a C class. Stupid me, said hey hunny test drive the AMG just for fun....bad idea

Check out my mobile app
    goagent.ca/98F1B2F9

My Ride
    E90M3 510 Wagon

you got the coupe?! that looks practical

My Ride
    www.jordanlotoski.com

Originally posted by ercchry
    you got the coupe?! that looks practical
    it actually fits our family quite nice, and for longer trips my car is very roomy

Check out my mobile app
    goagent.ca/98F1B2F9

My Ride
    This and that.

Thanks Jordan, I'll get in touch with them. Just checking their website to see if I am interested in any of their inventory right now. Are you talking about the Lonestar dealership?

The C350 I tried and liked was at the Downtown Mercedes show room.

Originally posted by Illusive 4-2
    Other cars that I looked into before I bought my C Class other than the 3 series are the A4, G37, IS350, and TL.

If you are looking at the 2009 C350's, remember that you'll be getting the older style side mirrors and some of the options included in the packages will be different from the 2010+.

I'd definitely recommend the premium package as it included pretty much all of the amenities you'd want (panoramic roof, keylessGO, COMAND w/ Navi, parking sensors). 2010+ came with the backup camera as well.

Keep an eye out on the wheels as well, the stock wheels for a C350 are the split 5 spoke 18" wheels, but it was possible to option the split 6 spoke 17" wheels as well at N/C. Two trims are available, the standard one you see pretty much everywhere is the AMG sport package which has the MB logo in the grille. There are a few luxury packages as well, but that had to be selected at the dealer and includes the lux grille with MB hood ornament and a different body (bumpers and skirts). Designo Nappa Leather was an option that year, but a pricey one, most had ARTICO (MBtex) interiors.

I believe there was an additional optional service item as well after two years during Service B...I think it had something to do with the brakes, I'd check to see if that was done. Also check the fog lights for rock chips/cracks, they are prone to them pre-LED upgrade in 2011. Three basic paint options that were N/C: Arctic White, Black, and Mars Red. All of the metallics cost extra, but are well worth it IMO.
    Thanks for all the tips, these are definitely helpful. The model I tried was pretty much fully loaded with everything like voice control, navigation etc minus the back up camera. I will try and find the link of it on the dealer's website and post it down here so you can see about the options, as you would have a better idea. Thanks once again.

Originally posted by Cos
    http://forums.beyond.ca/showthread.php?threadid=274035

I never ended up getting one. The C250/C300/C350 is just too slow. Very very very nice cars just too slow for your only car. Now a C63 would be perfect (albeit a little rough) but is way more than I wanted to spend. 335i is much faster than the 350's.
    335i is faster for sure. I for some reason don't like the look of the sedans at all. And coupe's are apparently a lot more rare so end up being more expensive. These are the only two cars I've seen so far as I don't like the A4's at all. Feel too old looking for some reason.

C63 would indeed be perfect but like you said a lot more money too. Plus since I work in Edmonton now and do up and down quite often, I want something that won't be relatively too bad on gas either.

My Ride
    Deebee8

Sold my wifes X5 and she wanted a C class. Stupid me, said hey hunny test drive the AMG just for fun....bad idea

did you buy the white coupe they had in stock?

My Ride
    www.jordanlotoski.com

no I hate the wheels. ordered one with the 19 inch rims

Check out my mobile app
    goagent.ca/98F1B2F9

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

+1 for Steve and Justin.
    Quote Originally Posted by killramos View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    You realize you are talking to the guy who made his own furniture out of salad bowls right?

My Ride
    This and that.

I am assuming the c63 coupe is a 2012 thing only cause I can't find any 09-10 one's at all. I can't see a coupe version of c350 for those years either.
    Last edited by shakalaka; 03-11-2012 at 12:48 PM.

My Ride
    This and that.

Here's the car I test drove:

http://www.mercedesbenzcalgary.com/u...fa3ca5e3e8.htm

Then there's a white one...

http://www.mercedesbenzcalgary.com/u...1ac3c1054b.htm

Although, I am a bit confused about that or a white one. Even though black looks aggressive and have always liked them, white has that two tone look going.

Originally posted by shakalaka
    I am assuming the c63 coupe is a 2012 thing only cause I can't find any 09-10 one's at all. I can't see a coupe version of c350 for those years either.
    coupe is 2012+

My Ride
    Beetle

Unfortunately, the 09's only had 260hp, which is a bit less than the competition, but it's enough for daily driving unless you plan on tracking the car. I found it more than capable in the city and on the highway. The 12's come with a new DI engine with 300hp, which is a nice bump. Think it's a touch more fuel efficient too.

Congrats Jordan, what packages did you get? I'm assuming it's fully loaded. I was a long time Hyatt customer, but my salesman moved to Lone Star and when I sold my C350 to a friend, I ended up going down there for my C63 in January. Hyatt didn't have the specs I wanted and I jumped on the free AMG winter wheel package when it was available.
    Won't regret it at all, it's an absolute beast and so much fun to drive! The break in period sucks though, but once you hit 1,500km, there's no looking back

Both look like they have the same specs, 4MATIC with premium package and standard (non-metallic option) paint. Neither looks like they have the leather interior. Black one does have a bit more km on it, I'd definitely ask for more money off on that one.

If you venture down to Lone Star, ask for Kevin, he's been my salesman for a long time. Straight forward, never had any issues and is always up front with me. They usually have more stock than Hyatt because it is a bigger dealership, I'd go to both and have them fight for your business.

Which ever one you go with, if you want a set of 19" wheels, let me know, I have three sets for my C63 right now and I'm not sure if my Work wheels will clear the calipers as they were custom made for the C350. Good luck!

My Ride
    This and that.

Thanks for all the advice and tips, appreciate it. Would love a c63 but at the moment I think it just doesn't make sense considering all the highway driving that will be happening. Plus I am sure 260hp will be okay. When I drove it with triptronic transmission it wasn't too bad and did have a bit of a kick to it. About the rims, I'll get in touch with you to see what they are like and stuff for sure but not until later.

I have to consider a few things right now. If I want to wait a while to see if some nice 335xi coupe comes in or if I am able to get a good deal on that black one or something.

Originally that white one was listed as $36K and I liked the colour which is why I went to look at it. When I got there the guy told me there was a deposit on it and showed me the black one which was $41K. I didn't notice right away that the car with less km's was listed for cheaper, but when we sat down with numbers I asked him how much can he reduce on the black one and he said. 'oh there's no room on that mercedes doesn't let you do that.' Then he told me the white has disappeared from his list so must be sold. Then when I realized the one that apparently had the deposit had less km's and less money and of my colour choice, he was immediately like well I can try and ask my manager to see if he will do the black one for the same the white one went for.

Which seemed like a decent deal I guess, but I said I am gonna think about it and do some research and came back. Later when I went back on their website I saw the white one was listed for more than the black one now and the price was changed. I was wondering why would they even bother if it's sold.

So I don't know this guy had apparently just started there but just seems dodgy. Which was another reason I was wondering if anyone knows a salesman working at this particular dealership who can perhaps give me a good deal on this car and not feed me BS like Mercedes doesn't negotiate and two minutes later drop the price $5K. I have a feeling when I contact him tomo to say let's do the black one, he's not gonna drop the price to what the white was originally listed as (and still is on mercedes.ca) just not on their personal website. Leaving aside all the confusion about if it's even sold or not, cause it's what I wanted originally and now I am confused.

My Ride
    www.jordanlotoski.com

Originally posted by Illusive 4-2
    Unfortunately, the 09's only had 260hp, which is a bit less than the competition, but it's enough for daily driving unless you plan on tracking the car. I found it more than capable in the city and on the highway. The 12's come with a new DI engine with 300hp, which is a nice bump. Think it's a touch more fuel efficient too.

Congrats Jordan, what packages did you get? I'm assuming it's fully loaded. I was a long time Hyatt customer, but my salesman moved to Lone Star and when I sold my C350 to a friend, I ended up going down there for my C63 in January. Hyatt didn't have the specs I wanted and I jumped on the free AMG winter wheel package when it was available.
    Won't regret it at all, it's an absolute beast and so much fun to drive! The break in period sucks though, but once you hit 1,500km, there's no looking back

Both look like they have the same specs, 4MATIC with premium package and standard (non-metallic option) paint. Neither looks like they have the leather interior. Black one does have a bit more km on it, I'd definitely ask for more money off on that one.

If you venture down to Lone Star, ask for Kevin, he's been my salesman for a long time. Straight forward, never had any issues and is always up front with me. They usually have more stock than Hyatt because it is a bigger dealership, I'd go to both and have them fight for your business.

Which ever one you go with, if you want a set of 19" wheels, let me know, I have three sets for my C63 right now and I'm not sure if my Work wheels will clear the calipers as they were custom made for the C350. Good luck!

Iam looking forward to getting it (end of June) although i wont ever be driving it as its my wifes car. we went with the wite exterior with porclin/black interior, prem pack, AMG Pack, 19 inch wheels.. Think the only thing we didnt get was the CF mirror covers as she didnt like the look.

Check out my mobile app
    goagent.ca/98F1B2F9

Page 1 of 6 1 2 ... LastLast