Quantcast
If you had to pick one place in Calgary to eat...what would it be? - Page 5 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 4 5

Thread: If you had to pick one place in Calgary to eat...what would it be?

My Ride
    something green

Originally posted by rage2 If you want value, my parents love Reef and Beef in Rundle. You'll be shitting beef for 2 days eating there, at $40/person.
    Originally posted by sputnik

A buddy of mine and his wife would go there EVERY year for Valentines Day.

They like the food (for what it is) but even better was the people watching.

Rednecks in their finest Wranglers and cleanest t-shirt gettin' all fancied up for their special lady friend.

He said one more than a few occasions you would see one get down on one knee and propose. With a number of tables clapping and hooting and hollering after her response.
    I finally got to go to this place... Even the 5.99 steak sandwich on the bar side is great.
    Too loud for Aspen

My Ride
    is pretty sharp lookin'

Originally posted by malcolmk14
    When you go to MBA or Gee Gong what are you supposed to order? I've been to both with some white friends and we never know what to get, so whatever we do end up getting all tastes the same (read: bland). I want some real Chinese food that a Chinese person would eat. What I've tried at both of those places would make me think that Chinese people just like eating paper.
    You should get some asian friends. But even then that doesn't exactly solve your problems. Most of my asian friends are bananas. I think I balance them out with my uber asianess.

Depends on what kind of chinese food you're willing to eat. I don't exactly EAT asian as asian as I am. I speak/talk/walk/what not asian but I don't eat asian. Asians tend to eat stuff like pigs legs and chicken feet, or beef tripe and pigs' blood clots... Completely do not understand. So back to your question: Depends on what you're willing to eat you can get some pretty eclectic stuff, but even if you're not willing to go that far, I'm sure you're just ordering stuff with the wrong flavors.

Originally posted by malcolmk14
    When you go to MBA or Gee Gong what are you supposed to order? I've been to both with some white friends and we never know what to get, so whatever we do end up getting all tastes the same (read: bland). I want some real Chinese food that a Chinese person would eat. What I've tried at both of those places would make me think that Chinese people just like eating paper.
    Same boat friend. I am left leaving a Chinese meal thinking: "This cannot be what a billion people eat" and maybe they think the same thing of us after a Big Mac? I have had some success in a new method, I slowly walk into a crowded (needs to be nearly 100% Chinese people, more the better) place and order whatever I see looking good on another table. When in Rome....

I've tried no MSG and with MSG at my local Chinese takeout, both taste the same and the MSG just leaves me thirsty. Now I am off all Chinese take out until I can find a good place. My best friend in HS was fresh from Hong Kong, his family owned a HK food restaurant, never had food so good as what his mother brought home for us. So yes, make friends with a racial bias towards good food. Eh, relationships can be built on anything and food is a good start.

My Ride
    Indian Scout

Originally posted by 89coupe
    Charcut
    How about for dinner?

My Ride
    99 Suzuki Katana 600 + 97 Subaru Legacy Wagon.

If you want Asian food, Silver Inn on 26 ave north east and center street. Sooo good.
    99 Suzuki Katana 600
    97 Subaru Legacy Wagon
    95 Subaru WRX STi JDM tyte

River Cafe

Originally posted by Hot_Wheelz
    If you want Asian food, Silver Inn on 26 ave north east and center street. Sooo good.
    I agree! Sooo yummy

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 4 5