Quantcast
The Ultimate Fighter Season 15 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums

Thread: The Ultimate Fighter Season 15

Default The Ultimate Fighter Season 15

Is anyone else watching this? Looks like in 2012 it is going to be FX Channel producing the show.

So far the production has been embarassingly bad! They are touting it to be live and no one seems to know whats going on during the time surrounding the fights. Cruz ended up asking Faber to pick from his team his second round fighter which was an obvious mis cue.

Losts of silences, you can hear the production crew trying to direct whats going on. Brutal just brutal, should have kept on with Spike TV.

I would agree regarding the production value, whats amazing is they've had so many seasons to get it right and they still messed up. I really liked the spiketv format, it looked polished. I can understand wanting to introduce something different but if you do change something it should be for the better, the production value didnt just take a step back, they literally took it to a whole new level. The commentator guy Anik or whatever his name is super annoying.

Other season the talent pool was poor, at least now they have guys with winning records who had to fight their way onto the show. I dont like the live aspect of the show, what a stupid idea, whats the point of it being live. There is no rivalry between Faber and Cruz so im not sure why the producers or the powers that be insist on creating one. Both of them suck at acting and it comes across as being awkward, im sure both guys have a tremendous respect for one another.

I think Cruz by far has the better team in terms of talent. Faber made some questionable picks. As far as coaching both of them are doing a good job in terms of training but when it comes to gameplans Faber has been missing the ball.

Thoughts on episode 2 (Cruickshank vs Vick)

I think this is a fight that Cruickshank wins 8 out of 10 times, I think he just got caught. Even though Cruickshank has good stand up, as a coach I would just work the take down. Vick's background is boxing, and he has a tall lanky build, I would just try to take the fight to the ground and grab a hold of one of those long limbs. I dont think this would be a problem for Cruickshank because he has good wrestling, the only thing he would have to do is get inside. I know going for the take down is what got him KO'd but he should have set it up and changed levels.

It was entertaining when Cruz picked Lawrence and then gave control to the other team. To be fair I dont blame them for not fighting the number one pick first fight in.

Thoughts on episode three (Lawrence vs Marcello)

Another case of a BJJ guy who wants to stand and bang. There so many of these types of guys in the UFC, guys with amazing credentials on the ground that want to go in there and pretend its K1. I know Marcello wanted to knock Lawrence out but, everyone knows hes a BJJ guy so why not use his strength. He didnt teach shogun and wand their stand up he taught them BJJ. Faber should have worked on setting up the take down. Even in training you could tell Marcello's stand up wasnt very good. After eating a few punches you could tell it was only a matter of time, the guy didnt even tuck his chin and left it wide open for those hooks.

The fights so far have been pretty entertaining and the knockouts were excellent too. Ticle comes off as an ass clown, another guy who can dish it out but is in capable of taking it. The two guys on Fabers team didnt even say anything and he flips out like a little kid, I hope he gets smashed.
    Last edited by mushi_mushi; 03-24-2012 at 11:35 AM.