Quantcast
Husky Energy??? - Beyond.ca - Car Forums

Thread: Husky Energy???

Default Husky Energy???

Hi all, question for Husky employees. Hard to find many positive comments from people about working for the company, which is generally a bad sign. Anyone have any info on what the culture is like there these days? Lots of changes in the last few years but is it any different? Place has a pretty bad rep from what I can see but just wondering if it's justified.
    Mr. Madison, what you have just said is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever heard. At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this room is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul.

My Ride
    09 Lancer Ralliart

Default Re: Husky Energy???

Originally posted by GREENBOY
    Hi all, question for Husky employees. Hard to find many positive comments from people about working for the company, which is generally a bad sign. Anyone have any info on what the culture is like there these days? Lots of changes in the last few years but is it any different? Place has a pretty bad rep from what I can see but just wondering if it's justified.
    FWIW, the running joke among some geologists and geophysicists I know is "....at some point in their (O&G) careers, everyone's been fired from Husky."

That being said, I had a well asset tech friend who moved from Husky to another E&P shop, but it wasn't because of treatment (she loved it at Husky)...it was strictly pay and time off (she got nearly 25% more pay doing the same job at this other E&P shop, plus more time off).
    Originally posted by hurrdurr
    I wouldn't gamble with a DP on one of these.

Ive done some higher profile wells for husky this winter.. They've been good to work for in the field.. And had no problem spending money on us.

Default Re: Re: Husky Energy???

Originally posted by 1barA4

FWIW, the running joke among some geologists and geophysicists I know is "....at some point in their (O&G) careers, everyone's been fired from Husky."

That being said, I had a well asset tech friend who moved from Husky to another E&P shop, but it wasn't because of treatment (she loved it at Husky)...it was strictly pay and time off (she got nearly 25% more pay doing the same job at this other E&P shop, plus more time off).
    exactly what I have been told, they can barely keep employees these day because of pay and the I.T dept are swimming with politics and issues.

My Ride
    10' 4Runner SR5

I haven't heard the best things either.
    Ultracrepidarian

My Ride
    Exploded.

If their workplace is similar to their products, I would stay away.