Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: SAIT Mechanical Engineering Technology Diploma?

Originally posted by silent

You seriously need a 3.8+ from outside programs? Jesus, it's a 2.4 if you're Priority 1...

Yup U of C along with many universities butt fucks you if you try to switch programs. Haskayne is super easy to get into out of high school. But inside Uni I believe you need over 3.6 to transfer into it? (I know it changes every year)

The undergrad office has a system of GPA deduction based upon the program you came from and amount of courses you took.

I know when I looked into going from U of C to U of A (Engg issues) they required you to be enrolled in 10 courses the previous year. Otherwise each course under 10 resulted in a 0.5GPA reduction IIRC

My Ride
    Silverado

when I transferred from mount royal into schulich i had a .5 gpa deduction because I didn't take 10 classes. im not sure if it's .5 per class short though
    Originally posted by ExtraSlow
    This thread is great, finally we are mixing the regular hate and intolerance with some actual car talk.
    Originally posted by Mar
    This cannot be for real, nobody's that stupid. I think this guy is just trying to cause shit.

Originally posted by colinxx235

Yup U of C along with many universities butt fucks you if you try to switch programs. Haskayne is super easy to get into out of high school. But inside Uni I believe you need over 3.6 to transfer into it? (I know it changes every year)

The undergrad office has a system of GPA deduction based upon the program you came from and amount of courses you took.

I know when I looked into going from U of C to U of A (Engg issues) they required you to be enrolled in 10 courses the previous year. Otherwise each course under 10 resulted in a 0.5GPA reduction IIRC
    I had that problem too. Finish a degree from UofA, take 10 courses (8 are first/second year engineering courses), finish with a 3.5 GPA and get told "oh sorry, we didn't take any transfer students this year" while kids from high school are getting in with high 70s/low 80s. Thankfully Schulich accepted me before the application deadline even closed.

I hate how much they punish you if you don't enter the program directly out of high school.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2