Quantcast
SAIT Mechanical Engineering Technology Diploma? - Page 2 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: SAIT Mechanical Engineering Technology Diploma?

Originally posted by silent

You seriously need a 3.8+ from outside programs? Jesus, it's a 2.4 if you're Priority 1...

Yup U of C along with many universities butt fucks you if you try to switch programs. Haskayne is super easy to get into out of high school. But inside Uni I believe you need over 3.6 to transfer into it? (I know it changes every year)

The undergrad office has a system of GPA deduction based upon the program you came from and amount of courses you took.

I know when I looked into going from U of C to U of A (Engg issues) they required you to be enrolled in 10 courses the previous year. Otherwise each course under 10 resulted in a 0.5GPA reduction IIRC

My Ride
    Silverado

when I transferred from mount royal into schulich i had a .5 gpa deduction because I didn't take 10 classes. im not sure if it's .5 per class short though

Originally posted by colinxx235

Yup U of C along with many universities butt fucks you if you try to switch programs. Haskayne is super easy to get into out of high school. But inside Uni I believe you need over 3.6 to transfer into it? (I know it changes every year)

The undergrad office has a system of GPA deduction based upon the program you came from and amount of courses you took.

I know when I looked into going from U of C to U of A (Engg issues) they required you to be enrolled in 10 courses the previous year. Otherwise each course under 10 resulted in a 0.5GPA reduction IIRC
    I had that problem too. Finish a degree from UofA, take 10 courses (8 are first/second year engineering courses), finish with a 3.5 GPA and get told "oh sorry, we didn't take any transfer students this year" while kids from high school are getting in with high 70s/low 80s. Thankfully Schulich accepted me before the application deadline even closed.

I hate how much they punish you if you don't enter the program directly out of high school.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2