Quantcast
My B7 S4 Avant - Page 2 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: My B7 S4 Avant

My Ride
    Fiesta ST

Mobile Reflection's isn't cheap, but you get what you pay for. Mine counted as a Medium Luxury, so it was $540 for the inside and outside.

Jed picked up my car at 9:30am and returned it at 7 pm. He also had an assistant working with him for the day. 18 ish man hours of cleaning and polishing. Not a spec of dust or dirt inside.

Can't say enough good things about him

My Ride
    Exploded.

That is also my dream daily. Jelly lol.

Have fun with it!

My Ride
    W204

Just curious.. Did you buy it privately or through a dealership? Just wondering if you had to pay PST if you bought it through a dealer. And did you drive it back or get it shipped? Also curious about shipping charges.
    You have a couple of photos that are great... you must be very good at photoshop!

It's like that A3 you have for sale but on some serious roids!!!

Very nice ride, congrats.
    Quote Originally Posted by Disoblige View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Arash reminds me of Mar but I can't tell which one is more stupid.
    Quote Originally Posted by JRSC00LUDE View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Yeah well I wonder how they get the soft flowing caramel inside the Caramilk bar but you don't see me making a god damn thread about it. Slap your wife Baygirl, straighten him out.

My Ride
    10' 4Runner SR5

Hmm this is another vehicle I've seen that Mobile Reflections has done. Might just have to call them, especially if they pick up. Did they specify what products they used?
    Last edited by msommers; 03-26-2012 at 03:13 PM.
    Ultracrepidarian

My Ride
    Fiesta ST

Originally posted by clem24
    Just curious.. Did you buy it privately or through a dealership? Just wondering if you had to pay PST if you bought it through a dealer. And did you drive it back or get it shipped? Also curious about shipping charges.
    Private deal. Shipped via rail from Toronto to Calgary. Cost me $1200 for a covered rail car, but I could shave a few hundred off that with what I know now.

Technically, if you take delivery of the vehicle in another province you owe the taxes of that province. So in Ontario I would have owed 13% even on a private sale (although it would be hard or impossible for Ontario to enforce/collect). I just made sure the Bill of Lading had the sellers name on it, and therefore I took delivery in Calgary.

Originally posted by msommers
    Hmm this is another vehicle I've seen that Mobile Reflections has done. Might just have to call them, especially if they pick up. Did they specify what products they used?
    They didn't mention, but I didn't ask. Communication was great with Jed, very professional guy.

My Ride
    W204

Originally posted by blitz
    Technically, if you take delivery of the vehicle in another province you owe the taxes of that province. So in Ontario I would have owed 13% even on a private sale (although it would be hard or impossible for Ontario to enforce/collect). I just made sure the Bill of Lading had the sellers name on it, and therefore I took delivery in Calgary.
    Hmm according to this the rules have changed after implementation of HST (so no more claiming of PST):

http://www.rev.gov.on.ca/en/refund/visitor/index.html

I know for a private sale you are fine because you don't pay PST until you register the car. I bought a car in a BC private sale and brought it back on a temp permit. No PST.

From a dealer I guess that would be kind of iffy. Before HST, I think retailers were not obligated to charge PST for out of province sales. Now I am not so sure...
    You have a couple of photos that are great... you must be very good at photoshop!

My Ride
    Fiesta ST

This is the best summary I found:

http://www.ucda.org/DealerInfo/OutOfProvince.aspx

"Out-of-province purchasers from non-HST provinces and territories may apply for a refund of the 8% provincial portion of the HST paid in Ontario from Canada Revenue Agency, once they have registered the vehicle in their home province and paid any applicable provincial taxes."

Seem's easy to just take delivery in Alberta and avoid the hassle, especially if buying from a dealer.

My Ride
    WAO Arrival

One thing - Get exhaust - It changed my love for the V8 in that car. In a good way.

I went with AWE - There is a vid on there, obviously doesn't really do it justice, but take a listen.

http://www.awe-tuning.com/products/a...s4exhaust.html

I brought mine in through tunerworks.

My Ride
    W204

Finally found the official version. Man the CRA website sucks shit.

http://www.cra-arc.gc.ca/tx/bsnss/tp.../rmvd-eng.html

My Ride
    Fiesta ST

Originally posted by syeve
    One thing - Get exhaust - It changed my love for the V8 in that car. In a good way.

I went with AWE - There is a vid on there, obviously doesn't really do it justice, but take a listen.

http://www.awe-tuning.com/products/a...s4exhaust.html

I brought mine in through tunerworks.
    I have the Fast Intentions downpipe with cats coming, so I need a 2.5" catback system, looks like the AWE is 2.25". I also want something as quite as possible amd from my research so far, the Stasis seems to be the most refined. I'm meeting up with Vengie on saturday so he can use my vag.com cable, so I'll get to hear what his sounds like (although he doesn't have cats).

Need something that's not annoying to the wife or kid!

Not to mention it is proven the 2.5 systems increase power above and beyond what a 2.25 system will.

My Ride
    S212 E63s / MK7.5 .:R

Not my fav color but that is one good looking avant.

My Ride
    Fiesta ST

KW V3's just came in from Tunerworks, and my Stasis cat-back should be in soon.

All my misc parts just arrived from JHM (shifter trio, clutch, complete control arm replacements, strut mounts, motor mounts, spark plugs, o2 sensors etc).

Still waiting on Fast Intentions high flow cat downpipes as the last piece of the puzzle.

Booked in at Tunerworks for KW install on the 25th, and I think I'll go to Tune Dub for everything else.

Stage 4 by ryankarr, on Flickr

Also returned the Dynavin Nav unit as I hated it, and just installed an OEM Audi one.

My Ride
    TRD Pro

Careful with the clutch install... make sure George has the instructions as they need to be followed exactly! (Reading on QW/AZ there seems to be a fair amount of clutch failures associated with install)

My Ride
    Fstst Prdctn Sdn N Th Wrld

Originally posted by blitz
    Mobile Reflection's isn't cheap, but you get what you pay for. Mine counted as a Medium Luxury, so it was $540 for the inside and outside.

Jed picked up my car at 9:30am and returned it at 7 pm. He also had an assistant working with him for the day. 18 ish man hours of cleaning and polishing. Not a spec of dust or dirt inside.

Can't say enough good things about him
    Mobile Refelctions will be gatting a call shortly to do an exterior / interior on my V. Love their work.

I currently have C-Quartz sealant on my car, and I love it...it adds a nice depth to the finish, over and above the shine. What does MR do for a sealant?

My Ride
    AWD grandpa wagon

Originally posted by Wannago

Mobile Refelctions will be gatting a call shortly to do an exterior / interior on my V. Love their work.

I currently have C-Quartz sealant on my car, and I love it...it adds a nice depth to the finish, over and above the shine. What does MR do for a sealant?
    C-Quartz is not a sealant. It is a Crystalline Nano-Coating. Since traditional sealant "wears off" in a few months, Crystalline Nano-Coating requires to be polished off. But it is applied very similar to traditional sealant.

Optimum's Opti-Coat is a great alternative.

My Ride
    Fiesta ST

Just got it back after 2 1/2 days at Tune Dub.

- KW v3's, which are unbelievably awesome
    - Complete replacement of all front Control arms
    - JHM stage 4 Clutch
    - JHM short shifter
    - Fast Intentions 2.5" Downpipes
    - Stasis Catback
    - All new motor and transmission mounts
    - New HID bulbs and ballast
    - Spark plugs and O2 sensors

Feels so much different now. Exhaust sounds awesome, but at 1600 RPM under medium throttle it hits a low frequency that makes your ears feel weird. Might need some resonators.

I think I'll do JHM lightweight front and rear rotors soon, and that will probably be it for a while. I do want to supercharge it, but I need a bit of a recovery on some of my stocks before I can mentally justify it.

More pictures to follow soon once I give it a wash.

S4 back from Tunedub by ryankarr, on Flickr

My Ride
    Depends on the day

beautiful car Ryan

My Ride
    Fiesta ST

Last photo with the ADR wheels. Waaayyy too heavy.

Just ordered a controversial choice, 18" Enkei RPF1's. Should drop at least 15 lbs per corner, maybe a little more. Next stop will be JHM 2 piece lightweight rotors, that will drop another 10 lbs per front corner and 3lbs rear.

S4 by ryankarr, on Flickr

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 ... LastLast