Quantcast
No Tuition by 2025?? - Page 2 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: No Tuition by 2025??

My Ride
    You Crazy

I'm all for anything that will improve the level of education in redneck stupidville Alberta.

My Ride
    Exploded.

Originally posted by Toma
    I'm all for anything that will improve the level of education in redneck stupidville Alberta.
    We're purdy edumacated. I seen the statistics.

My Ride
    Nothing interesting anymore

Originally posted by Toma
    But to pay for it, they'll have to increase traffic fines by 500%

My Ride
    00 Protege

Originally posted by Chandler_Racing

Shitty idea, we already do pay more through a tiered tax system. Punishing sucess is why the wealthy choose to leave.

I should be retired by around 2025, so maybe I wil do a free MBA to keep me busy.

I would be supportive of subsidizing professions we acutually need. For instance, if they were to provide doctors free tuition if they were to remain in Alberta for 10 years of service after graduation instead of moving to the states - my tax dollars would be much better served.
    The tiered system is Federal. Provincially Alberta is the only province in Canada that is not tiered taxed. I do think that people that make around the 6 figure mark should not be taxed heavily for their hard work. I like your last idea, that is the type of thinking I wish our government could grasp. What those professionals pay in tax after graduating would make up for the cost of the education very quickly as well.

However it's the reduction in taxes and cuts to allow corporations to flourish that has caused the upset in resources available for public systems. I don't feel someone making 125k a year should be taxed the same as someone making 1 mil. Thats where I think the tax system is unfair. The exponential growth of the wealthiest is absolutely huge in comparison to those that are "comfortable".

The Liberals have taken a fall in integrity since the debate at the last federal election. How unrealistic can you be and expect people not to call your bluff. Jesus, free tuition? Keep dreaming. Subsidized? Thank you that would be more realistic.

Last edited by Sugarphreak; 07-09-2019 at 03:37 PM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2