Quantcast
Overpayment by Employer Part Deux - Page 3 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst ... 2 3

Thread: Overpayment by Employer Part Deux

Originally posted by darthVWader
    I work for a large Oil n Gas and I can't even change my brand of pencil without going through a whole bid process. And you’re trying to tell us Shell changed their whole phone plan with a phone call from a dude who didn’t like the way you were treated?
    Are you telling me that that is what you got from reading what I posted??

It was a Family friend. Disoblige it could be just locally. I imagine Shell operates differently from project to project/office to office. This is very recently though, certainly hasn't happened yet. The contract is coming to an end shortly, but it will not be renewed.

I regret saying anything now. I'm pissed that this big company feels it necessary that they must obtain their 190 bucks back (that they refuse to even prove in the first place) and bully him with a collection agency. I managed to lose them some money (much more than the 190 I owed them) and I feel good about that. End of story.

A victory, no matter how big, is still a victory. You guys need to start being more optimistic in life.

My Ride
    '16 FoRS, '09 UZN215, '90 Z32, '15 Grom

Originally posted by Spoons

I managed to lose them some money (much more than the 190 I owed them) and I feel good about that. End of story.
    In the end, that's all that matters. As long as you've gotten this annoyance out of your system, then good. Nothing stinks more than burning a bad moment into your brain and letting it bug you for years over such a small issue.

I see so many people get stressed over small issues in life (including myself at times) and it's so not worth it. There's a reason why that phrase "keep calm and carry on" is so overused.

Originally posted by Disoblige

In the end, that's all that matters. As long as you've gotten this annoyance out of your system, then good. Nothing stinks more than burning a bad moment into your brain and letting it bug you for years over such a small issue.

I see so many people get stressed over small issues in life (including myself at times) and it's so not worth it. There's a reason why that phrase "keep calm and carry on" is so overused.
    Werd.

Hence why I can now lay this to rest. RIP outstanding debt to Telus.

My Ride
    Nothing interesting anymore

Here's a question for you guys.

If you got overpaid some OT that you definitely did not earn, and you told your boss about it, and emailed HR about it, and HR says the payout was correct, and your boss knows it's wrong, but doesn't care... what would you about it?
    Quote Originally Posted by DonJuan View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Came back to ogle 2Legit2Quit wife's buns...
    Quote Originally Posted by Kloubek View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    They're certainly big, but I don't know if they are the BEST I've tasted.

My Ride
    Sierra, RDX

So a multi-national company is going to ditch Telus over someone's word of mouth after they tried to get out of paying $190? I can just imaging your "buddy" telling his boss, "This guy I know got bad service from Telus, we have to ditch them!".

L-O- Fucking-L

110% guarantee there are bunch of people at Telus laughing their ass off at you right now.
    Last edited by FraserB; 04-18-2012 at 05:05 PM.
    See Crank. See Crank Walk. Walk Crank Walk.

Originally posted by FraserB
    So a multi-national company is going to ditch Telus over someone's word of mouth after they tried to get out of paying $190? I can just imaging your "buddy" telling his boss, "This guy I know got bad service from Telus, we have to ditch them!".

L-O- Fucking-L

110% guarantee there are bunch of people at Telus laughing their ass off at you right now.
    Your logic/reasoning skills lack my friend.

L-O-.... Why was that necessary? Did lol not suffice? Did the actual emoticon which clearly shows me your action not do the trick either?

My Ride
    '21 F150 PowerBoost

L-O- Fucking-L

I know I am, I should pass this thread around the office.
    Boosted life tip #329
    Girlfriends cost money
    Turbos cost money
    Both make whining noises
    Make the smart choice.

Originally posted by Mibz
    Always a fucking awful experience seeing spikers. Extra awful when he laps me.

L-O- Fucking-L

Couldn't agree more with you on this one. I read that and burst out laughing.

My Ride
    09 Lancer Ralliart

guarantee there are bunch of people at Telus laughing their ass off
    False.

ESLUT is a place devoid of laughter, hope and joy.
    Originally posted by hurrdurr
    I wouldn't gamble with a DP on one of these.

My Ride
    '21 F150 PowerBoost

Originally posted by 1barA4

False.

ESLUT is a place devoid of laughter, hope and joy.
    Disagree. Any job is what you make of it.

I have worked at TELUS for almost 6 years now, and plan on retiring there. Honestly the best employer I have had.
    Boosted life tip #329
    Girlfriends cost money
    Turbos cost money
    Both make whining noises
    Make the smart choice.

Originally posted by spikers

Disagree. Any job is what you make of it.

I have worked at TELUS for almost 6 years now, and plan on retiring there. Honestly the best employer I have had.
    Have never heard that from an employee...everyone I know hated it more then anything. These are all lower level managers or call center biotches though...

My Ride
    "Four f***ing wheels and a seat!"

Glad you paid back the $190... as a Telus shareholder you were in essence stealing from me by not paying back what you owed

Doesn't matter if you did or didn't have the contract changed over to Rogers...I've been a happy shareholder of RCI.B for 10+ years too

My Ride
    '21 F150 PowerBoost

Originally posted by Type_S1

Have never heard that from an employee...everyone I know hated it more then anything. These are all lower level managers or call center biotches though...
    Don't get me wrong, I started in the call center too, but quickly realized how to advance quickly.

Some people just don't get it though, and can't see past the phone calls. When I started with TELUS, i was making $18.55 an hour, instant benefits from the first hour of training, Share plans, profit sharing, paid sick days and paid days off, the ability to work from home, guaranteed raises, really, just way too many perks. The starting job isn't hard, and not a word of a lie, the biggest thing to them is just showing up for your shifts. after that, keep a positive attitude, and you stand out like a candle in the dark.

I really should thank all the people that were always negative and bitching to anyone that listened. Made it easier for me to be noticed, and move up.
    Boosted life tip #329
    Girlfriends cost money
    Turbos cost money
    Both make whining noises
    Make the smart choice.

Don't get me wrong, I started in the call center too, but quickly realized how to advance quickly.

Some people just don't get it though, and can't see past the phone calls. When I started with TELUS, i was making $18.55 an hour, instant benefits from the first hour of training, Share plans, profit sharing, paid sick days and paid days off, the ability to work from home, guaranteed raises, really, just way too many perks. The starting job isn't hard, and not a word of a lie, the biggest thing to them is just showing up for your shifts. after that, keep a positive attitude, and you stand out like a candle in the dark.

I really should thank all the people that were always negative and bitching to anyone that listened. Made it easier for me to be noticed, and move up.
    Oh I agree. Most people do, not with Telus. Your crazy if you think people move up with ease from the Call Center still. I moved up though, quite easily. I used Telus as a stepping stone, found a job that pays me double, just as much if not more time off than I got with Telus, the ability to work from home (writing this right now from home while working) and guaranteed raises. Fuck did I make a mistake leaving Telus.

How long ago did you work in the Call Centre? I had friends that worked there in what they called the glory years, now it is an entirely new hell hole. I could see past the calls, always did. In fact I LOVED calls that people were pissed off, most fun I had at a job. What I disliked is that there is a complete barrier between managers and employees from the union. All it is is bickering between the two groups. Not only that but a completely narrow minded corporate with the only thing on their mind is the $ sign and not so much what actually needs to happen.

DesktopOne? Did you use that fucking gem when you worked there? Probably not but that thing is a piece of work. Not only was the program NEVER designed to do what they have it doing, but the person who purchased it ended up getting fired because he had a conflict of interest and was making money off it. Then you have corporate who is too damn full of themselves to admit their fault, and they stick with the program. I suggest you do work in the amount of money they have lost. Every Telus system installed in a house, and all the customers that complain there TV doesn't work properly for only Telus to tell them that it is the wiring inside the house? Not the case. It is DesktopOne and that shitty system. I know because I WENT THROUGH IT. When a company has to create another department to fix the errors that the bullshit program is creating, you have a problem. And yet Telus won't fix it. They continue to pump money into a failing project. I suggest we wait a couple years when peoples contracts start coming to an end and see where they sit.

Spikers, your talking with just as much as a biased as I am. I'm also pretty sure that no matter what, you are not supposed to be defending nor slandering Telus on any social media (ie Beyond). Looking back at my contract, this is correct. I saw tons of people get fired for this very thing, even though they were defending Telus. Just giving you a heads up, just because I hate Telus, doesn't mean I want you to risk your job.

Now since most people can't seem to figure our their right hand from their left, and what I thought I clearly posted, I'll reiterate it again. I wasn't some random guy who got them to change the plan over. It was a family friend, and Telus' contract with them is about to come to an end. I was over for dinner one night and the conversation came up. I told him about my current quarrel and he didn't like it. He said if it was his company, 190 is nothing and he would have dropped it. He then said, "Well Telus' cell contract is almost up and I'm supposed to renew it or move to a competitor if a better price comes up. Rogers offered me one that was a tad bit better and I was slightly considering it, now I for sure will." It wasn't them ending their fucking contract early or him telling his boss that they need to lose Telus. It was his decision to make.

Sometimes guys... Really... I just don't understand the reading, logic, and common sense skills that some of you have. And by me saying have, I mean don't. I should pass this around my friends...

OH and speaking with the HR rep I found this out. It was from 1 day overpaid because my lazy ass manager did not terminate my employment on time. So his fault. Secondly, anything 150 and under, they won't even bother going. Nice to know that fucking 40 dollars was enough though.
    Last edited by Spoons; 04-19-2012 at 01:24 PM.

My Ride
    '21 F150 PowerBoost

Desktop one? no, never once touched it. I base my whole experience on the mobility side.

As for what I have posted, this is nothing that isn't public knowledge that they put on job sites.
    Boosted life tip #329
    Girlfriends cost money
    Turbos cost money
    Both make whining noises
    Make the smart choice.

My Ride
    09 Lancer Ralliart

Desktop one? no, never once touched it. I base my whole experience on the mobility side.

As for what I have posted, this is nothing that isn't public knowledge that they put on job sites.
    OH LOL, Mobility....You guys are the land of milk & honey compared to wireline guys.

I went from:
    CC&SS -> L&R -> Dispatch (LML BC dispatcher) -> Dispatch (LML BC Resource Planning + Scheduling) -> Mainstream Order Assignment

Wireline-side...it's always been miserable compared to heavenly Mobility (there were perks that elude my fading memory now, but I recall better pay generally speaking, and some other stuff).

Bear in mind I worked there from...2001-2007? Or like 2002-2007, something like that. I've tried to block it from my memory.

Technically, were it not for the people, the job would've been pure gravy based on pay, number of sick days, vacation days, cheap subsidized cafeteria food, corporate discounts (seriously, Budget rent a car is like free, plus there were discounts from the apple store and dell back then), cheap corporate car insurance, etc.

Everyone tends to make fun of the call center monkeys, but when I was in CC&SS I used to rake in crazy money on commission (I made that top 5% sales thing every quarter, including the first, that I was there...I forgot what they called it). Call Centers...its like this hidden secret hoard of wealth that all students should really look into if they need a job during school that actually pays grownup money, or at least did back in the day.
    Last edited by 1barA4; 04-19-2012 at 02:17 PM.
    Originally posted by hurrdurr
    I wouldn't gamble with a DP on one of these.

Everyone tends to make fun of the call center monkeys, but when I was in CC&SS I used to rake in crazy money on commission (I made that top 5% sales thing every quarter, including the first, that I was there...I forgot what they called it). Call Centers...its like this hidden secret hoard of wealth that all students should really look into if they need a job during school that actually pays grownup money, or at least did back in the day.
    Listen to this guy. Working at a call center pays decent flow despite leaving everyday hating humanity and wanting to bang your head into a wall.

I was there for awhile and I had no trouble dealing with angry people because I would pretty much just laugh at them...you wouldn't believe how many mentally retarded people are in this world that don't think to click a power button before sitting on hold for half and hour and yelling at you though.

Great story, but I promise you that Shell didn't drop their contract with Telus cuz of you

Originally posted by sabad66
    Great story, but I promise you that Shell didn't drop their contract with Telus cuz of you
    For fucks sakes let me have my god damn cake.

My Ride
    FJR1300/2018 Giant Trance 3

OH LOL, Mobility....You guys are the land of milk & honey compared to wireline guys.
    TELUS was a good place to work, but then again I was in the desktop support services prior to them folding it up into SPOC. Not being union made all the difference to me. The best time I had was over at the TAS building. A thicknet token ring network, and top of the line PCs at the time. Fun times.

Any of you guys remember "Aruba"? and the other various programs like that?

"We need a vaccination for stupidity, with booster shots against an unwillingness to learn."

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst ... 2 3