Quantcast
Overpayment by Employer Part Deux - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 1 of 3 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: Overpayment by Employer Part Deux

Default Overpayment by Employer Part Deux

Alright so I did my due diligence with TELUS.

I requested that they provide me with a detailed explanation on where they overpaid me. I received back from them a notice that I never paid them (of course not, I said I wouldn't until I received detailed explanation) and that I now have 30 days to pay them or they will take me to a collection agency.

I have now moved and contacted the Union.

Any other suggestions? As I stated I WILL pay TELUS back as long as they can provide me with an explanation, which they have not.

I also will be cancelling all of my services with TELUS. Real smart people over there, as I am sure they lose much more than ~$200 with cancelling of the services.

My Ride
    D40/ED9/R6

"Anarchism is not a romantic fable but the hardheaded realization, based on five thousand years of experience, that we cannot entrust the management of our lives to kings, priests, politicians, generals, and county commissioners."

My Ride
    '16 FoRS, '09 UZN215, '90 Z32, '15 Grom

Default Re: Overpayment by Employer Part Deux

Originally posted by Spoons
    Alright so I did my due diligence with TELUS.

I requested that they provide me with a detailed explanation on where they overpaid me.
    How did you do this? Via phone to talk to someone who would get back to you within a few days or..?

Originally posted by Modelexis
    Thank you for alerting me that you do not care. I would like to take the time to thank you for all of your efforts in letting me know that you do not care. In this incredibly busy time, I know it is really hard for most people to put so much thought and attention to such matters. I know personally for me I usually just let such things slide as I am an incredibly busy person. Thank you, you sir are the salt of this earth.

Now more seriously, I did this letter addressed back to the HR representative... This was done in more than enough time than what the letter is dated for. She would have received it before she sent out this one.

My Ride
    '16 FoRS, '09 UZN215, '90 Z32, '15 Grom

I'm just thinking that knowing large corporations are already really inefficient at communication through mail or e-mails, it seems like telephone calls are the only way to truly express and get through to an issue in not only a timely matter, but to convey exactly what you are trying to say without them trying to interpret it on their own.

My Ride
    Vettel's #1

Thank you for alerting me that you do not care. I would like to take the time to thank you for all of your efforts in letting me know that you do not care. In this incredibly busy time, I know it is really hard for most people to put so much thought and attention to such matters. I know personally for me I usually just let such things slide as I am an incredibly busy person. Thank you, you sir are the salt of this earth.

Now more seriously, I did this letter addressed back to the HR representative... This was done in more than enough time than what the letter is dated for. She would have received it before she sent out this one.
    They do have to prove to you that you owe them money before they can send you to collections and ding your credit score.

Keep a paper trail of your requests.

Originally posted by CapnCrunch

They do have to prove to you that you owe them money before they can send you to collections and ding your credit score.

Keep a paper trail of your requests.
    Definitely am.

I think I will pick up the phone and just threaten them with cancelling my services. They lose more money out of me jumping ship than what I owe them. Hopefully that is enough for this to just disappear.

Like I said, I will fully pay this amount back, but they are not proving to me how they got to this amount. Reading into it more now too it seems as though there was money on route to my account but they stopped a portion of it, and only 190 made it through. Searching my bank records there is not a single deposit for $190.

Definitely am.

I think I will pick up the phone and just threaten them with cancelling my services.
    That's old-think.

The telus department tasked with reclaiming money from you couldn't give a rats ass if you cancel your service or not.

Your threat carries no weight.

Minimize your own liability with minimum effort, and don't squander energy on ineffectual punitive retaliations.

Originally posted by LollerBrader

That's old-think.

The telus department tasked with reclaiming money from you couldn't give a rats ass if you cancel your service or not.

Your threat carries no weight.

Minimize your own liability with minimum effort, and don't squander energy on ineffectual punitive retaliations.
    Noted.

Ultimately my point here now is I'm going to pay, whether or not they give me proof. I'm looking for ways to make this as difficult as possible for them.

It's a hobby.

My Ride
    09 Lancer Ralliart

Sig worthy

Also...

Screw TELUS. I was so glad when I quit E-SLUT and cancelled all of their shit services...
    Originally posted by hurrdurr
    I wouldn't gamble with a DP on one of these.

Originally posted by 1barA4

Screw TELUS. I was so glad when I quit E-SLUT and cancelled all of their shit services...
    Personally, I'm ruled by laziness... and found that their forced mac-registration created unnecessary steps and generally was a pain in the ass. Moreso, I had problems getting it to work as stated.

Moved to shaw. I got a very dumb cable modem, with an ethernet jack. It's simple, and it works. Havn't thought about it for 5 minutes since I got it - Which is as it should be.

My Ride
    G6

Ultimately my point here now is I'm going to pay, whether or not they give me proof.
    Why? Kinda negates the point of this and the last thread. If you don't understand why you owe them money, why are you even contemplating paying it?

My Ride
    Bicycle

Originally posted by Feruk

Why? Kinda negates the point of this and the last thread. If you don't understand why you owe them money, why are you even contemplating paying it?
    Collection agency calls?

I understand the principle but all this drama for $200?

My Ride
    2010 G37x

Noted.

Ultimately my point here now is I'm going to pay, whether or not they give me proof. I'm looking for ways to make this as difficult as possible for them.
    lol, it's probably more effort for you to keep this going. To Telus, you are just an account with some balance owing, which I am sure they deal with on a regular basis.

My Ride
    Vettel's #1

Originally posted by Xtrema

Collection agency calls?

I understand the principle but all this drama for $200?
    That seems foolish, don't you think? What's stopping me from sending a collections agency after you?

Shouldn't I have to prove that you owe me something before I destroy your credit?

Originally posted by CapnCrunch

That seems foolish, don't you think? What's stopping me from sending a collections agency after you?

Shouldn't I have to prove that you owe me something before I destroy your credit?
    Lifes a bitch and then you die. I've grown tried of it already, but I still want to make this difficult. I get I think 25 free cheques a year, in which I NEVER use. I think I will be writing them 25 cheques for the amount each post dated on date after another.

Whatever I know the amount of shady business practices and shit systems that Telus deals with, as well as how they are truly doing somethings. I also know some VERY privy details on certain practices that I don't think they think I know about it.

Would be an awful shame if someone was to blow something... I think it would be a whistle but I'm not sure

Lifes a bitch and then you die. I've grown tried of it already, but I still want to make this difficult. I get I think 25 free cheques a year, in which I NEVER use. I think I will be writing them 25 cheques for the amount each post dated on date after another.
    Corporations have a far greater ability to absorb punishment than you do to create it.

You will bear the greater cost of your punitive actions.

Last edited by Sugarphreak; 07-09-2019 at 03:26 PM.

I think I will be writing them 25 cheques for the amount each post dated on date after another.
    If you give room for morons to frolic, they will.
    I don't know man, I think you're wasting your time. Take your own advice and move on.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 ... LastLast