Quantcast
NHL Trades - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 1 of 8 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: NHL Trades

My Ride
    '99.5 2.0L Jetta What I ride: '05 Kona Stuff

Default NHL Trades

Although the deadline is still far away, this is a thread where you can post rumors you've heard about possible trades. I'm just curious to know what's going to happen.
    Possibilities I've heard of:

Bondra to Detroit
    Gonchar to either Detroit or Toronto
    Kolzig to New York Rangers
    Gauthier to Montreal
    sig deleted by moderator, click here for info

My Ride
    Bunch of Honda's

Bondra will end up in Ottawa

Gonchar will end up in NY

Lang will go somewhere

Kolzig maybe NY Philly

Turek and Gautier will stay put.

My Ride
    99 Civic

Turek will go to NYR.
    Turek is no good in Calgary, Sutter knows this and he's gonna trade Turek.
    Just like in an interview, Sutter goes, (paraphrasing here) "Turek has 3weeks to prove to us that he should be a starting goalie"

Obviously they're not gonna spend 4mill on a back up goalie when Mclennan is a terrific back-up goalie already. So cya later Turek, you've blown your chance.

My Ride
    07 TL Type S

Originally posted by SI-vic
    Turek will go to NYR.
    Turek is no good in Calgary, Sutter knows this and he's gonna trade Turek.
    Just like in an interview, Sutter goes, (paraphrasing here) "Turek has 3weeks to prove to us that he should be a starting goalie"

Obviously they're not gonna spend 4mill on a back up goalie when Mclennan is a terrific back-up goalie already. So cya later Turek, you've blown your chance.
    As much as I'd like to see Turek go, the scenario of him going to NYR is highly unlikely. First of all, Turek has a no trade clause in his contract. Second he has publicly stated he wants to take the Flames to the playoffs . Third, he sucks so bad, why would anyone want to trade for him?

I think they should just put him on waivers and hope to hell someone picks him up.

My Ride
    B6 A4 3.0Q

Ok this is what i think will happen....

Bondra - detriot/ottawa
    Gonchar - NYR
    Lang -
    Kolzig - Avs!! (i hope so cuz IMO i think hes one of the "better" veteran goalies that could be on the block and the avs need one bad!! plus i love the avs, and im not on any bandwagon!!)
    Turek - waviers
    Gautier - stayin

My Ride
    X3 3.0, CLK500, FZR600

can ottawa even afford bondra?
    turek HAS to go, that fool
    Listen fam, she had a big rack of lamb
    And they caused mad problems like math exams
    Ask my man, her tits caused traffic jams

My Ride
    111R, FL5, DC2R, E61,W201, E36, GSW

I really dont think the Avs need a goalie at the momment. Abby is holding his own just fine. And i think Sauve is ok for the odd start or two. Yes Turek has to go but i dont think Calgary wants to drop him to waivers just yet. Right now the flames have i guess 2 options. Trade or buy out his contract. And i dont think the flames want to do #2.

My Ride
    Bunch of Honda's

Originally posted by RiCE-DaDDy
    yup.... ottawa has the go ahead to get a $$$ player

My Ride

Default .

Originally posted by aiy_yah

As much as I'd like to see Turek go, the scenario of him going to NYR is highly unlikely. First of all, Turek has a no trade clause in his contract. Second he has publicly stated he wants to take the Flames to the playoffs . Third, he sucks so bad, why would anyone want to trade for him?

My Ride

Default .

It should be interesting to see what happens this year. Enjoy it while we can though guys, we may not see the NHL for a long time to come after this year

lam-boy Guest

I think they should just put him on waivers and hope to hell someone picks him up.

1) people can waive no trade clauses. if you were giving a chance to go on a winning team and leave a city where they booed you everynight what would you say to that?

2) Philly is in need of a goalie, their goalies are injured. Sean burke is on the market, coyotes are asking for too much. Clarke isn't that much of an idiot because he traded away a few prospects already to get a veteran defenceman and comrie.

3) i can see turek going to philly for a draft pick. (3-5th rounder) or he can be packed in a deal with maybe lets say Conroy or Gauthier. Turek + Conroy for Gange or Handzus + 6th rounder
    or Turek + Gauthier for Therien + 4th rounder.
    the way i see it is that Gauthier goes away for another defenceman, one with experience from the playoffs that can help out warrener to talk to the younger defenceman on the taem.
    but with the conroy trade, we'd only be giving him up because hes an free agent at the end of the year.

another thing i see is that, if turek goes away, clarke won't lose much. both Hackette and Esche are down with injuries. Clarke can trade away his prospects/stronger players for a goalie, or gamble and give next to nothing for turek.

i mean we are PRACTICALLY trying to run turek out of here. booing him ever shot he lets in. so whatever this is just my two cents about that.

Bondra I believe would go to Ottawa if washington decides to trade him away for other salary reasons.
    but right now washington has said they just needed to get rid of jagr. and that they have done. but if washington has to get rid of their players..this is how i see it

BONDRA --- Ottawa
    GONCHAR --- Detriot
    LANG --- stays. if not maybe to Colorado?
    KOLZIG --- Vancouver has spoken intrest in him so I think thats where he will go if things turn out.

My Ride
    99 Integra GSR

Originally posted by RiCE-DaDDy
    yes ottawa can afford Bondra, Melnick(sp) has said he will spend the money

turek should be unloaded on waivers... and calgary should spend the $4M on a forward from a team that isnt making the playoffs

My Ride
    07 TL Type S

Originally posted by lam-boy

1) people can waive no trade clauses. if you were giving a chance to go on a winning team and leave a city where they booed you everynight what would you say to that?

Turek + Gauthier for Therien + 4th rounder.

i mean we are PRACTICALLY trying to run turek out of here. booing him ever shot he lets in. so whatever this is just my two cents about that.

Yeah, but as per my post, Turek has insisted he will stay in Calgary and take the team to the playoffs.

They'd better not trade Gauthier.

Well, the reason, I feel, that Turek gets booed is because of his previous history, his amazingly horrible tendency to give up a weak goal or a huge rebound into the slot, his inability to make a clutch save (especially for a goalie making 4.5 Mil), and his inability to steal a game for a young team that desperately needs a goalie that can bail them out when they make a mistake (like Kiprusoff has).

My Ride
    99 Civic

Well, the reason, I feel, that Turek gets booed is because of his previous history, his amazingly horrible tendency to give up a weak goal or a huge rebound into the slot, his inability to make a clutch save (especially for a goalie making 4.5 Mil), and his inability to steal a game for a young team that desperately needs a goalie that can bail them out when they make a mistake (like Kiprusoff has).

Thats exactly how I feel about Turek.
    He's not clutch, simple as that.
    He sucks, I hope he browses these forums and reads my post.
    "TUREK, YOU SUCK, GET OUT OF CALGARY AND GO WHERE YOU ARE WANTED!"
    hahahaha that outta do the trick for him to waive his no-trade clause. haha

My Ride
    NC1

Ahhh the goaltender debate of the Calgary Flames!

We don't know how good Kiprusoff is yet, remember how well Turek played his first 20 games here? It'll be interesting to see if Kippy can pick up where he left off before he got injured.
    Originally posted by rage2
    Shit, there's only 49 users here, I doubt we'll even break 100
    I am user #49

My Ride

Default .

Originally posted by max_boost
    Ahhh the goaltender debate of the Calgary Flames!

We don't know how good Kiprusoff is yet, remember how well Turek played his first 20 games here? It'll be interesting to see if Kippy can pick up where he left off before he got injured.
    It's so true, it's a perfect example of how this city treats it's team: blame it all on the goalies.

Look at what Calgary has done to several world class goaltenders:
    Vernon, liked him before but when he struggled the city turned on him and treated him like crap.
    Kidd, he was a good goalie, he took the Flames to the playoffs last time, but we booed him out of the city.
    Fuhr, the city took him for granted and he soon lost all of his confidence.

I honestly think Calgary is one of the worst cities for fan base. Other than the Rangers who else has fans that one night will cheer then the next night bitch like hell and boo the team out of the building...on a regular basis.

Calgary fans abuse their players so badly, they should be proud of having an NHL team in the city and value them because soon we won't have the Flames anymore. Look at players like Martin St. Louis, Cory Stillman, Derek Morris, and Scott Nichol. They've all played so much better since leaving Calgary.

My Ride

Default ,

However I know my opinion is majorly biased... I hate the Flames more than any other team in the league. I hate their fans, I hate Gauthier and his "I'm a tough guy but I'm wearing a visor so I won't ever lose a fight" attitude, I hate Darryl Sutter and his "I'm going to threaten my best goalie and in the process take away all his confidence."

I don't care how many Flames fans are on beyond, the fact is that they haven't made the playoffs since 96, they wont make it this year or ever again. They are a terrible team with terrible fans. I wont miss the Flames at all.

My Ride

Default Switch It Up

However since I started this thread I'd like us all to get back to just listing possible trades for the deadline and not issues regarding the Flames.

My Ride
    X3 3.0, CLK500, FZR600

philly is a terrible city also.

anyone remember the cechmanek thing LOL
    Listen fam, she had a big rack of lamb
    And they caused mad problems like math exams
    Ask my man, her tits caused traffic jams

Page 1 of 8 1 2 ... LastLast