Quantcast
Fat Loss Diet Help - Page 3 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Fat Loss Diet Help

My Ride
    V167

Originally posted by CUG
    I don't do cheat meals. What a ridiculous proposition. The very nature of it indicates that the subject is likely addicted to sugar and high-calorie garbage; would you let a recovering heroin addict take a sunday hit?

What do you have to lose by keeping a "cheat" meal healthy as possible? We want results, it will come in the form of discipline and the pain that is the fatasses habits leaving your body.

Many factors at play here. Body habitus, current BMI, how long you have been in a deficit, etc etc.

Cheat meal once a week. Is it going to kill your gains/losses? Hell no.

My Ride
    Mom-van

I feel like you are still intaking too much fat if your main goal is fat loss. You aren't eating super clean (i.e. bacon, donairs, etc) so it is definitely slowing down your progress. Not saying you won't see it, but there are cleaner options that will help you get there faster...

EDIT: Then again... I'm kind of a nazi asshole to my clients, but I hear no complaints when we are talking about progress. If they aren't going to be accountable to their goals when they aren't training with me (i.e. coming to the gym on our off days, eating properly, etc), then I've pretty much told them straight up they are wasting my time, and theirs.

Between 3 of my clients, they have lost a combined total of 45 lbs of fat, and gained a combined total of 24 lbs of lean muscle (2 guys and 1 girl) since mid February. I attribute a huge portion of that to making them accountable to eating CLEAN, training MEAN, and living LEAN
    Last edited by ~Leah~; 04-25-2012 at 12:01 PM.
    ~*Leah*~

My Ride
    TypeR

Originally posted by ~Leah~
    I feel like you are still intaking too much fat if your main goal is fat loss. You aren't eating super clean (i.e. bacon, donairs, etc) so it is definitely slowing down your progress. Not saying you won't see it, but there are cleaner options that will help you get there faster...

EDIT: Then again... I'm kind of a nazi asshole to my clients, but I hear no complaints when we are talking about progress. If they aren't going to be accountable to their goals when they aren't training with me (i.e. coming to the gym on our off days, eating properly, etc), then I've pretty much told them straight up they are wasting my time, and theirs.

Between 3 of my clients, they have lost a combined total of 45 lbs of fat, and gained a combined total of 24 lbs of lean muscle (2 guys and 1 girl) since mid February. I attribute a huge portion of that to making them accountable to eating CLEAN, training MEAN, and living LEAN
    The problem i see here is when you say "get there faster". Dont get me wrong eating clean all the time will get people sick results and that is awesome, but my problem is how long until they crash and shit hits the fan? I have never made any of my clients go on a diet period (except for the Bodybuilders and MMA fighters). Diets never last forever and I can guarantee you that 99% of the time once you stop training your clients they will start eating like shit

You must build your clients up so that they just make healthy choices on no set plan. That way they can sustain it later. Whens the last time you saw someone that did a diet for more then 6 months? (that wasnt in competition)

My Ride
    Vettel's #1

Originally posted by nismodrifter

Many factors at play here. Body habitus, current BMI, how long you have been in a deficit, etc etc.

Cheat meal once a week. Is it going to kill your gains/losses? Hell no.
    Fuck, I lost 50lbs with an entire cheat day a weak. And I'm not taking about putting some mayo on my chicken breast. This was full on gorging. It was disgusting. It was more a mental thing than anything.

People get so critical if somebody does something different.

My Ride
    Mom-van

Originally posted by warcaster

The problem i see here is when you say "get there faster". Dont get me wrong eating clean all the time will get people sick results and that is awesome, but my problem is how long until they crash and shit hits the fan? I have never made any of my clients go on a diet period (except for the Bodybuilders and MMA fighters). Diets never last forever and I can guarantee you that 99% of the time once you stop training your clients they will start eating like shit

You must build your clients up so that they just make healthy choices on no set plan. That way they can sustain it later. Whens the last time you saw someone that did a diet for more then 6 months? (that wasnt in competition)
    I had to re-read my post just in case, but you will notice I never once said the word "diet" in my reply. I educate my clients about a healthy lifestyle change. In my opinion, they don't just pay me to help them work out properly, it is my job to ensure they get the results they want, and this means LIFESTYLE. My clients get a cheat day if they want it. Most of them choose not to because it makes them feel super shitty after. They, and I, attribute this to the healthy lifestyle changes and choices they have learned to make.

This education starts by going to the grocery store with them for one of the sessions if they so wish. A couple thought they were eating healthy, but they were just eating convenient, which meant low GI, high sodium foods. And another client thought wings were healthy because they are "chicken". They get a reality check when I show them nutritional content of the foods they are eating. But once our sessions are up, they at least have the knowledge to continue to do the right thing on their own.

I'm sure that a lot of the time, if I stop training someone, they will fall off the wagon. That comes down to motivation and accountability though, not "diet". And that's also where I make more money; they need me in order to continue that lifestyle, I sell more training, they see the results they want, it's a win/win situation really. All of my clients buy enough sessions to train with me 3x/week for 50 weeks.

I feel like your last paragraph was a little preachy... just FYI, I have been a personal trainer for 7 years and I have my Kinesiology degree and numerous cert's and success stories under my belt. Plus, all of us trainers have our own ways of doing things.

ANNNNND sorry to hijack your thread Cam How's it coming along?
    ~*Leah*~

My Ride
    A slow bike & an even slower car.

Here are my macros today:

And my consumption. I cheated a little bit and had 2 oz of baked macaroni and 1 perogy:

My Ride
    Mom-van

That looks like Fit Day. Used to use that a lot! Have you tried myfitnesspal?
    ~*Leah*~

My Ride
    TypeR

I had to re-read my post just in case, but you will notice I never once said the word "diet" in my reply. I educate my clients about a healthy lifestyle change. In my opinion, they don't just pay me to help them work out properly, it is my job to ensure they get the results they want, and this means LIFESTYLE. My clients get a cheat day if they want it. Most of them choose not to because it makes them feel super shitty after. They, and I, attribute this to the healthy lifestyle changes and choices they have learned to make.

This education starts by going to the grocery store with them for one of the sessions if they so wish. A couple thought they were eating healthy, but they were just eating convenient, which meant low GI, high sodium foods. And another client thought wings were healthy because they are "chicken". They get a reality check when I show them nutritional content of the foods they are eating. But once our sessions are up, they at least have the knowledge to continue to do the right thing on their own.

I'm sure that a lot of the time, if I stop training someone, they will fall off the wagon. That comes down to motivation and accountability though, not "diet". And that's also where I make more money; they need me in order to continue that lifestyle, I sell more training, they see the results they want, it's a win/win situation really. All of my clients buy enough sessions to train with me 3x/week for 50 weeks.

I feel like your last paragraph was a little preachy... just FYI, I have been a personal trainer for 7 years and I have my Kinesiology degree and numerous cert's and success stories under my belt. Plus, all of us trainers have our own ways of doing things.

ANNNNND sorry to hijack your thread Cam How's it coming along?
    Didnt mean to sound preachy at all just my opinion. The fact that "cheat meal" comes up to me means diet lol. Like you said each trainer is different and each way works.

Man if I sold 150 sessions at once they would have to drop 10 500 haha. You must have some baller clients

You guys have some strange diets going on lol.

Hows everyones training going? I am currently training for the WBFF in July .. Have been training for a year now .

And I quickly read though some of this . Cheat meals are good once a week.. Shocks the body and doesnt do much damage . I will be doing a cheat day up until my show in July

Everyone keep up the good work!
    2011 Mercedes C63 AMG //2009 Mercedes C350 SOLD //2008 BMW 335i SOLD //2006 Mercedes C Sold// 2002 BMW M3 SOLD// 2004 Porsche C4S SOLD// 2006 Audi S4 SOLD// 2005 Audi 1.8T SS SOLD// 2004 Subaru STi SOLD// 1994 LHD Toyota Supra SOLD//1993 LHD Mazda RX-7 SOLD // 2002 Honda S2000 SC SOLD// 2004 Range Rover SOLD//

My Ride
    N/A V8, TTV6, DOHC N/A V6

Originally posted by JAYMEZ

Hows everyones training going? I am currently training for the WBFF in July .. Have been training for a year now .

And I quickly read though some of this . Cheat meals are good once a week.. Shocks the body and doesnt do much damage . I will be doing a cheat day up until my show in July

Fitness or BB?
    "The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents... some day the piecing together of dissociated knowledge will open up such terrifying vistas of reality, and of our frightful position therein, that we shall either go mad from the revelation or flee from the light into the peace and safety of a new Dark Age."

-H.P. Lovecraft

My Ride
    TypeR

Lmk if you need help with a layout for your carb/water depletion in the last 2 weeks. Im training two body builders and one fitness model that have it down pact.

You guys are doing awesome sticking to your food plan. I had to do the same thing when training for fights. Food for fuel and nothing else. Keep it up!

Btw I hope you guys have before/after pics?

Originally posted by Darkane

Fitness or BB?
    Probably Muscle.. Possible fitness.. Right now I am 220 , need to get down to 205 and 4-5 BF

Lmk if you need help with a layout for your carb/water depletion in the last 2 weeks. Im training two body builders and one fitness model that have it down pact.

You guys are doing awesome sticking to your food plan. I had to do the same thing when training for fights. Food for fuel and nothing else. Keep it up!

Btw I hope you guys have before/after pics?
    Thanks for the offer.. Been training with Nathan Harewood for the past year at athlete factory , as well as my work out buds are WBFF Pro Bree Lind / Wbff pro Nicci Lee , Wbff Pro Claire Rae ... got it down to a T =)
    2011 Mercedes C63 AMG //2009 Mercedes C350 SOLD //2008 BMW 335i SOLD //2006 Mercedes C Sold// 2002 BMW M3 SOLD// 2004 Porsche C4S SOLD// 2006 Audi S4 SOLD// 2005 Audi 1.8T SS SOLD// 2004 Subaru STi SOLD// 1994 LHD Toyota Supra SOLD//1993 LHD Mazda RX-7 SOLD // 2002 Honda S2000 SC SOLD// 2004 Range Rover SOLD//

My Ride
    TypeR

Probably Muscle.. Possible fitness.. Right now I am 220 , need to get down to 205 and 4-5 BF

Thanks for the offer.. Been training with Nathan Harewood for the past year at athlete factory , as well as my work out buds are WBFF Pro Bree Lind / Wbff pro Nicci Lee , Wbff Pro Claire Rae ... got it down to a T =)
    Oh yeah I forgot you mentioned that in the other thread. Nathan was actually on of the first graduates from the mount royal personal training program I took. He came in as a guest speaker for one of my classes last year. You my friend are in excellent hands.

Sorry for the thread Hijack!

My Ride
    Mom-van

Didnt mean to sound preachy at all just my opinion. The fact that "cheat meal" comes up to me means diet lol. Like you said each trainer is different and each way works.

Man if I sold 150 sessions at once they would have to drop 10 500 haha. You must have some baller clients
    Cheat meal means they can eat what they want instead of the lean healthy choices they make every other day, that's all. My clients are pretty baller, yes (half are millionaires... I wish lol). But my sessions are only $75 each, not $100. And they are allowed to finance for free so it's not bad for them!
    ~*Leah*~

My Ride
    05 Outback 2.5xt

What are your guys thoughts on the following foods while trying to lose fat? I'm trying to go healthy, but hard to say no to my favorite foods.

Eggs- I know egg whites are great, but I don't enjoy egg whites nearly as much as I enjoy cracking 2 eggs and frying in a little bit of butter for breakfast. If I had 6 eggs a week, would that be too many?

Sweet Potato Fries - Usually have these as a snack at work, a serving is roughly 250 grams. I find they fill me up, but are also pretty high in carbs/sugar. Anyone else have these?

Lean Ground Beef - Love Taco Night, and making my own hamburgers. I can only buy the generic stuff at the super market, where I live, only 2 stores in town.

Potatoes- Just as filler, I find no mater how much brocolli or carrots I eat, I will be hungry 30 minutes to an hour later unless I get some starch.

Bacon - Usually only once a week, on Saturday morning, 3-4 strips.

I'm not sure what I'm asking actually, I'm trying to justify these foods in my fat loss diet basically lol, what are your guys thoughts on the above foods? I'm sure if I cut them out I'd lose fat even quicker, but I'm not willing to sacrifice my happiness. I've got 6 months before my wedding, so I'm in no rush either.

My Ride
    N/A V8, TTV6, DOHC N/A V6

Originally posted by natejj
    What are your guys thoughts on the following foods while trying to lose fat? I'm trying to go healthy, but hard to say no to my favorite foods.

Eggs- I know egg whites are great, but I don't enjoy egg whites nearly as much as I enjoy cracking 2 eggs and frying in a little bit of butter for breakfast. If I had 6 eggs a week, would that be too many?

Sweet Potato Fries - Usually have these as a snack at work, a serving is roughly 250 grams. I find they fill me up, but are also pretty high in carbs/sugar. Anyone else have these?

Lean Ground Beef - Love Taco Night, and making my own hamburgers. I can only buy the generic stuff at the super market, where I live, only 2 stores in town.

Potatoes- Just as filler, I find no mater how much brocolli or carrots I eat, I will be hungry 30 minutes to an hour later unless I get some starch.

Bacon - Usually only once a week, on Saturday morning, 3-4 strips.

I'm not sure what I'm asking actually, I'm trying to justify these foods in my fat loss diet basically lol, what are your guys thoughts on the above foods? I'm sure if I cut them out I'd lose fat even quicker, but I'm not willing to sacrifice my happiness. I've got 6 months before my wedding, so I'm in no rush either.
    Eggs been a fitness, muscle, athletic, WELL BEING food since the creation of time. Eat them, as many as possible. DO recent research on eggs, not bad like once thought.

I do 4 everyday fried with coconut oil. (Had up to 10/day for 6 months. Did before and after cholesterol numbers. Minor change, cholesterol is almost entirely dependent on genetics.

Sweet potatoes: one, if not THE best carb source. Have them BAKED, not fried. 250g serving is about 9oz. Def higher carbs, have them post workout if possible. Or split them into two meals.

Buy Extra Lean ground beef. Lean is ok, but all the "bad stuff" is caught in the fat of the meat. Leaner the better. Using Tortilla shells and burger buns is counter productive. Use the beef to make meat sauce for rice noodles, chili, Burger patties Sans buns.

Potatoes are ok, sweet being the better option. Rice is excellent too.

Bacon no issues. Eat good 6 days/wk and take 1 day to eat 'ok'. That will be the day you cheat once or twice and satisfy weekly cravings.
    "The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents... some day the piecing together of dissociated knowledge will open up such terrifying vistas of reality, and of our frightful position therein, that we shall either go mad from the revelation or flee from the light into the peace and safety of a new Dark Age."

-H.P. Lovecraft

My Ride
    05 Outback 2.5xt

Originally posted by Darkane

Eggs been a fitness, muscle, athletic, WELL BEING food since the creation of time. Eat them, as many as possible. DO recent research on eggs, not bad like once thought.

I do 4 everyday fried with coconut oil. (Had up to 10/day for 6 months. Did before and after cholesterol numbers. Minor change, cholesterol is almost entirely dependent on genetics.

Sweet potatoes: one, if not THE best carb source. Have them BAKED, not fried. 250g serving is about 9oz. Def higher carbs, have them post workout if possible. Or split them into two meals.

Buy Extra Lean ground beef. Lean is ok, but all the "bad stuff" is caught in the fat of the meat. Leaner the better. Using Tortilla shells and burger buns is counter productive. Use the beef to make meat sauce for rice noodles, chili, Burger patties Sans buns.

Potatoes are ok, sweet being the better option. Rice is excellent too.

Bacon no issues. Eat good 6 days/wk and take 1 day to eat 'ok'. That will be the day you cheat once or twice and satisfy weekly cravings.

I just can't stomach a protein shake first thing in the morning, so I will go back to my eggs.

Yeah I bake my sweet potato fries in the oven, usually before a bike ride or a workout.

Thanks for the advice....

My Ride
    Edge

I've lost 10-15 lbs (scale is quite inaccurate) in the last 4-6 weeks just by cutting down on overall calories. I don't even eat as clean as I could or nearly as clean as most are suggesting in this thread.

I just keep myself slightly hungry all day and take in a few extra carbs before I workout. It's like that prof that lost weight eating Twinkies, although I do eat much more healthy than Twinkies (can't say for sure that I've ever had a Twinkie). To lose weight burn more calories than you take in.

My Ride
    A slow bike & an even slower car.

Originally posted by duaner
    I've lost 10-15 lbs (scale is quite inaccurate) in the last 4-6 weeks just by cutting down on overall calories. I don't even eat as clean as I could or nearly as clean as most are suggesting in this thread.

I just keep myself slightly hungry all day and take in a few extra carbs before I workout. It's like that prof that lost weight eating Twinkies, although I do eat much more healthy than Twinkies (can't say for sure that I've ever had a Twinkie). To lose weight burn more calories than you take in.
    We're talking about fat loss, not weight loss...

My Ride
    UCF20/R35

Originally posted by A790

We're talking about fat loss, not weight loss...
    That's what I was about to say, sounds you are withering away slowly. Also you should never be hungry, or allow yourself to be hungry, having a small meal every 3 hours or so will combat that as well ramp up your metabolism

Originally posted by rage2
    Can someone who speaks brown please translate this for me please?

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 LastLast