Quantcast
Questions on r32 skylines - Beyond.ca - Car Forums

Thread: Questions on r32 skylines

Default Questions on r32 skylines

Anyone familiar with these cars have a bit of time to answer me some ???'s

I'm like a superhero with no powers or motivation.

My Ride
    Blue boy

What questions?

My Ride
    93 240sx SE, 17 Infiniti Q50S, 2008 Highlander

Yes they are driftable
    Originally posted by GTS Jeff
    You know those bored stay at home moms who's entire lives revolve around driving their kids to soccer, various cleaning accessories, and worrying about neighbourhood rapists? The kind of people that watch the View and go "uh huh..." Those unfulfilled people who try to fill the void in their empty lives by writing whiny letters to the editor complaining about shit that no one really cares about?

Well imagine if instead of writing that letter to the editor, she just posts on a car forum for car enthusiasts. That's Kritafo.

My Ride
    E90M3 510 Wagon

Originally posted by dj_rice
    Yes they are driftable
    nope, no steering angle. they suck

Is the AWD GTST a uncommon one? it has the RB20DET in it. I am thinking about getting this car but have a few doubts on it. It has gone through three turbos and I believe the current one on it is also going out. It smokes when you rev it. The front drive shafts have been removed to make it rwd is that common to do?
    So I guess I want to know how difficult/costly getting a replacement stock turbo would be and maybe replacing the front shafts to get the awd back.

My Ride
    E90M3 510 Wagon

Originally posted by Cavey
    Is the AWD GTST a uncommon one? it has the RB20DET in it. I am thinking about getting this car but have a few doubts on it. It has gone through three turbos and I believe the current one on it is also going out. It smokes when you rev it. The front drive shafts have been removed to make it rwd is that common to do?
    So I guess I want to know how difficult/costly getting a replacement stock turbo would be and maybe replacing the front shafts to get the awd back.
    unless you are getting it for under $2k... pass

here is a link to the build on it, someone other then this person owns it now however. I asked the original owner a few things but he pretty much said it ran like a top and had zero issues when he had it.

Link to Build

My Ride
    94 5.0 2004 FX4

I would ask whats causing the car to blow 3 turbos and why they have not fixed the problem.

The original owner claims to have fixed it by replacing the stock oil lines with some aftermarket ones. Do those turbos need a restrictor in the line?

My Ride
    A bunch of hondas :(

if the person went through 3 turbos I can guarantee you the car was "well driven"

Thanks for the input much appreciated

My Ride
    3.0L Of pure turbocharged testosterone

Somebody is either not priming the turbos properly on installation, or turning up the boost to an unreasonable point, and overspinning the turbo. Those turbos are not known to be any good to begin with anyways.

The car doesnt look too bad. Maybe get a compression test to make sure the rings are in good order.

When/if you get the car, ditch the piece of shit stock turbo, and maybe get a t3/t4 garrett or something similar. Cheap, and a bit more reliable. Or get an rb25 turbo and keep the boost reasonable.

My Ride
    Volvo S60 & Jeep GC

Originally posted by sr20s14zenki
    Somebody is either not priming the turbos properly on installation, or turning up the boost to an unreasonable point, and overspinning the turbo. Those turbos are not known to be any good to begin with anyways.

The car doesnt look too bad. Maybe get a compression test to make sure the rings are in good order.

When/if you get the car, ditch the piece of shit stock turbo, and maybe get a t3/t4 garrett or something similar. Cheap, and a bit more reliable. Or get an rb25 turbo and keep the boost reasonable.
    Ive ran 18psi on my stock rb20 turbo, it did eventually let go but I got a LOT of time on it lol. I dont really recommend the rb25 turbo unless you do the work yourself and are looking for a cheap solution, the gains arent enough to be worth it to pay a shop for install. I agree you will want to swap it out for something better though, and get a good reliable ebc so you dont blow up any more.

If you do get it and want to go the cheap route I have tons of spare turbos lying around, pm me and ill find you something.

My Ride
    Volvo S60 & Jeep GC

Looked into it a bit more, I see this car just sold a week ago?? Did you buy it or are you buying from the guy who just bought it? Seems very quick to be selling it! Looks like it has been eating turbos, and was running an rb25 turbo until that one failed, and is now back on a stocker. Sounds like a headache unless you are mechanically inclined. Take it from a guy with a half finished skyline build, they are a HUGE money pit if you want reliability.

last week it was sold And the current owner had it for sale again. there is a mechanical controller under the Hood but he has no idea what the boost is set at.
    there is some bondo on the passenger rear 1/4. besides the 3 blown turbos there is a cylinder head and new head gasket in the trunk so someone isn't telling a complete story.

the deal is i have a 2006 F150 looking to trade for a tuner car and this one came up and i have little knowledge on them.
    Last edited by Cavey; 04-14-2012 at 03:42 PM.

My Ride
    10' 4Runner SR5

This car sounds like a disaster.
    Ultracrepidarian