Quantcast
Anyone have recommendation for a motorcycle mechanic/service shop? - Beyond.ca - Car Forums

Thread: Anyone have recommendation for a motorcycle mechanic/service shop?

Default Anyone have recommendation for a motorcycle mechanic/service shop?

Just looking for a good mechanic that can diagnose and solve my problem quickly without costing me an absurd amount.
    Last edited by NCS05; 04-13-2012 at 05:51 PM.

My Ride
    AMGGGGGGsixtythree

What kind of bike is it?

Suzuki sv650. I'm just not completely satisfied with the way it runs.

YYC & a huge farm in the (deep) south, central Sask
    My Ride
    12 cars trucks & bikes. From 1938 till new.

Redline is pretty damn good. I'd hate to say it but the mechanics at Blackfoot are good as well. I'd much rather give my business to a place like Redline, but when I get all the (warranty mandatory) services done there for my Triumph; I'm always amazed at how much shit they get down in such little time, and I know they dont skip anything either. They've caught very small things that I wouldn't of even noticed on other bikes I've taken to them over the years as well.

Like I say though, Redline is a really solid crew, so I'd go there in a heartbeat.

For places to avoid; (the service depart @) GW cycle, Performance Cycle & Auto. Stay far the fuck away from Performance... trust me.
    "The music business is a cruel and shallow money trench, a long plastic hallway where thieves and pimps run free, and good men die like dogs. There's also a negative side"

My Ride
    Horse

why are you not satisfied with how it runs?
    Originally posted by rage2
    Ya, I built some crazy ass shit with Lego as a kid. I had a thing for AMC Eagle AWD's as a kid for some bizarre reason, so I spent a lot of time going to the library and reading up on how AWD works in that car. I even hitchhiked to the library once cuz my parents were too lazy to drive me haha. Ya, I'm a nerd.

Long story, It's an 03 sv650 I bought it in nov 2011, it was running fine when I went and checked it out. I pulled it out of storage a couple weeks ago and it just doesnt feel right to me. The bike is "jerky" at high rpms, like 6-9k. Its nothing too bad but it can't hold a steady rpm. The engine seems like it cuts out for about half a second and comes back on, causing a dip in the rpms which in turn makes it a jerky ride. It seems to me like either a misfire or something wrong with the ignition but then again, I'm a complete noob so don't take my word for it.

My Ride
    '19 GTI

Always had good experiences with Bow Cycle service.

But when I called around for the recommended service (ie @ 1000k 7000k etc..) Walt Healy was cheapest

My Ride
    Buffalo Truck & An Angry Kitty

Redline gets my vote. I've had some bad luck at Walt Healy which is too bad because they seem like nice guys.
    "Masked Bandit is a gateway drug for frugal spending." - Unknown303

YYC & a huge farm in the (deep) south, central Sask
    My Ride
    12 cars trucks & bikes. From 1938 till new.

^ I didn't want to say to avoid Walt Healy given the fact they seem to be a good crew, but Im glad Im not the only person that had bad luck with them.
    "The music business is a cruel and shallow money trench, a long plastic hallway where thieves and pimps run free, and good men die like dogs. There's also a negative side"

Thanks guys, I will definitely give redline a call tmrw

My Ride
    '19 GTI

Originally posted by Graham_A_M
    ^ I didn't want to say to avoid Walt Healy given the fact they seem to be a good crew, but Im glad Im not the only person that had bad luck with them.
    What happened?
    PM me if you want to keep it discrete

My Ride
    Nothing worth mentioning.

Originally posted by NCS05
    Long story, It's an 03 sv650 I bought it in nov 2011, it was running fine when I went and checked it out. I pulled it out of storage a couple weeks ago and it just doesnt feel right to me. The bike is "jerky" at high rpms, like 6-9k. Its nothing too bad but it can't hold a steady rpm. The engine seems like it cuts out for about half a second and comes back on, causing a dip in the rpms which in turn makes it a jerky ride. It seems to me like either a misfire or something wrong with the ignition but then again, I'm a complete noob so don't take my word for it.
    Did you drain the carb bowls before storage? If not 90% chance its your carbs.

It's FI, but I'm going to of add some FI cleaner to see if that fixes it up before I send it to the shop

My Ride
    ZX10 Street / CBR600 Track

Thanks for the props guys! We try hard to offer the best service and because all my staff rides, we all understand that a bike is not just a bike but our vehicle of escape to somewhere that non riders just don't get.
    "Live on the Redline" www.redlinecalgary.com