Quantcast
Creatine???And other questions - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 1 of 4 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: Creatine???And other questions

My Ride
    91 Civic H/B

Default Creatine???And other questions

Hey, got a couple questions for you muscle heads out there!!J/k
    But ya, Ive been taking Creatine for awhile now, off and on. As of right now im on it plus im also taking No2, and some horse pills(Multi-vit's) One of my questions is....when is a "Better" time to take the creatine..right now im taking it about 30min before my work out. And the other is, would it hurt to up the dosage x2?Oh and one more....is there any good exersice sites out there, cause i need to find some more things to do for a chest workout..the reason being im only benchin' 235 right now and i'd like to up it!

Just for the info if it helps...
    Im about 5'8"-5'9"..not to sure
    weight 163-164
    Plz give good suggestions

Thanks alot guys

Yoo can and will oversaturate your body with creatine if you double the dosage. Basically you will be wasting money. The recommended dosage for daily maintenace is 5-10 g per day after a loading phase of 25-40g per day for the first 5 days. Keep to that regime. Going off and on it will cause you to lose most gains...stick with it and keep up a 5g maintenance for at least 2-3 months, coming off it and taking a month or so off and going back on it. Much like cycling steroids, it loses its effectiveness if constantly taken.

As for the best time to take it, if you are off loading, taking it AFTER the workout is best.

As far as your bench press is concerned, the fact that you are doing more than twice your bodyweight is impressive and means you must possess some decent muscle mass already. In order for you to see more gains, talk to bodybuilders/powerlifters as fitness instructors tend to be fit, not huge and may not have the techniques you seek.

Hope that helps you a bit

My Ride
    FJC, S30

235? and your 5 8' and only wiegh 163.. haahah and your asking about creatine?
    seriuosly if you can bench that much without creatine then why use it. and what is no2? never heard of it.
    if you do take creatine make sure you take it with protein. double your size and stregnth real quick. double dosage of creatine doesnt work. usually ppl drink creatine 1 hour before or after. and protein when they are working out. gl
    Submaker.Illest.

My Ride
    Boeing, Airbus

The guys who responded so far are right. If anything up your water intake. Drink as much water as possible. For a cheap boost to your creatine try drinking a concoction of Dextrose/Maltodextrin, water and maybe some Kool-Aid for flavour immediately after your workout. Then, around 30 minutes after your workout take your creatine. The carbs from the dextrose is needed immediately post workout and will also cause an insulin spike which aids in the absorption of creatine.

As far as doubling your dose goes you don't want to do that. Extra creatine will simply degrade to creatinine and be processed by your kidneys. Along with wasting money your kidneys will be forced to do more work.

I've never tried NO2 but if I was you I may spend that money on protein supplements instead. If you're looking to gain size then eat tons of calories and do squats / deads.

That's an impressive bench for 163 pounds though, keep up the good work.

well i started out at 6 foot 158 pounds and now im 174, after 1 month of hard working out, i was taking crush 4 creatine when was working out, and drink lots of water with it, water retention helps you gain weight, as well i take 3 protien shakes a day.. heavy weights, 3 sets, 8 reps each set. diffrent muscle group each day, now im taking at creatine without water retention and im gaining weight alot slower... it all depends on the creatine

where do you work out?

www.bodybuilding.com

all ur questions answered there...

with creatin with u first start u have t0 do a loading phase where u take it like 2 or 3 times a day like many grams... for like a week.. then u do it like one scoop or 2 scoops aday..

creatine gives u the runs.. hahaha
    Curse you imageshack..

Originally posted by YCB
    www.bodybuilding.com

all ur questions answered there...

with creatin with u first start u have t0 do a loading phase where u take it like 2 or 3 times a day like many grams... for like a week.. then u do it like one scoop or 2 scoops aday..

creatine gives u the runs.. hahaha

opps.. everythign zorry amg says.. ha

well, for the most part everything the guys have said is correct. if your taking creatine before you work out, stop that NOW. its meant to be taken immediatley after your workout. i also reccommend a loading phase for a week before intense workout if your just starting to use it.

thats awesome that your taking a multivitamin, probly the "mega men" GNC brand (taken once at breakfast and dinner i hope), i call those big green things horse tranquilizers too hehe. but ya anywayz most guys think multivitamins dont do shit, they couldnt be more wrong.

if you want bigger gains dont just take a protein, you should be taking a weight gainer which is just a formulated ratio mix of protein and carbs. im using the GNC brand "mega mass", vanilla tastes awesome blended with milk.

lets say building muscle is like building a house, protein is the wood, carbs are the workers, and vitamins are the nails holding it together. creatine could be all the pimp leather furniture hahaha

Professional DJ equipment for sale: Click Here

My Ride
    91 Civic H/B

Hey..sorry about that i messed up there.....im on Vaso Xp, and its a canadian brand, but axcatly the same as NO2. sry about that.
    http://www.nxcare.com/prod_detail.php?id=22
    And ya i think im going to start taking the creatine after my workouts.

What is this "Dextrose/Maltodextrin" that you speak of DavidI?
    And ya im taking those same green pills...they kinda taste like shit!lol

But ya thanks alot guys, and anymore info is great!
    Plus let me know of any other good supplements out there

My Ride
    Boeing, Airbus

Dextrose is a sugar that they use in Cell-Tech. It's available at a lot of wine making stores. Malto can be used if you think that the dextrose is too sweet tasting. If you search around online and on some bodybuilding forums you'll probably find some references to it.

another good supplement i take is called "Fruit Punch Blast" just ask about it at any GNC store. you take it about half an hour before your workout. it looks like a drink mix thats in little kool-aid type packets, you mix it with 4-6 ounces of water watch it fizz up and settle then you shoot it back.

what it does is increase neuron synapse firing in your brain which gives your workout more intensity, focus, and stamina. its pricy but i definetly suggest picking up a couple packs. best of luck

Professional DJ equipment for sale: Click Here

My Ride
    a wrx.

shouldnt this be in the dining forum? haha.

Creatine is a waste of money....

Actually any supplement is a waste of money (Except multivitamins). It's all about eating right. If you dont eat right, dont expect to make any gains at all. I only use protein shakes as a convenience factor if I am too lazy to make myself something.

If you want the biggest gains, design a diet with an intake of 3500+ calories a day.. That's about 5-6 meals a day.. But you have to eat the right things, no junk food
    I know you don't smoke weed. I know this. But I'm gonna git you high today. 'cause it's Friday, you ain't got no job, and you ain't got shit to do!

Creatine is like drinking gaterade
    2011 Mercedes C63 AMG //2009 Mercedes C350 SOLD //2008 BMW 335i SOLD //2006 Mercedes C Sold// 2002 BMW M3 SOLD// 2004 Porsche C4S SOLD// 2006 Audi S4 SOLD// 2005 Audi 1.8T SS SOLD// 2004 Subaru STi SOLD// 1994 LHD Toyota Supra SOLD//1993 LHD Mazda RX-7 SOLD // 2002 Honda S2000 SC SOLD// 2004 Range Rover SOLD//

benching 235 and you weigh 163?

you must be 99% chest and arms

My Ride
    Boeing, Airbus

Originally posted by Dope Dealer
    Creatine is a waste of money....

Actually any supplement is a waste of money (Except multivitamins). It's all about eating right. If you dont eat right, dont expect to make any gains at all. I only use protein shakes as a convenience factor if I am too lazy to make myself something.

If you want the biggest gains, design a diet with an intake of 3500+ calories a day.. That's about 5-6 meals a day.. But you have to eat the right things, no junk food
    I've found creatine to be very worthwhile after nearly 7 years of being in the gym.

7 years at the gym? Dood i think its just you thats showing results , not the creatine.

alot of people think that all these drugs will get you huge , hell you can get huge on your own with just a water bottle , heh

doesnt anyone believe in themselves these days
    2011 Mercedes C63 AMG //2009 Mercedes C350 SOLD //2008 BMW 335i SOLD //2006 Mercedes C Sold// 2002 BMW M3 SOLD// 2004 Porsche C4S SOLD// 2006 Audi S4 SOLD// 2005 Audi 1.8T SS SOLD// 2004 Subaru STi SOLD// 1994 LHD Toyota Supra SOLD//1993 LHD Mazda RX-7 SOLD // 2002 Honda S2000 SC SOLD// 2004 Range Rover SOLD//

My Ride
    '11 Honda RL '21 RDX '96 Civic Hatch

^
    Yup my friend that's been working out for like I think two years never took anything all he had was a bottle of water and he's huge for an Asian guy.

he's like 5'6 benched 200

My Ride
    91 Civic H/B

Originally posted by sputnik
    benching 235 and you weigh 163?

you must be 99% chest and arms
    actually im not all chest...thank you very much.....i leg press 990 and do squats about 300(only cause i dont like them that much)

im going to look into that dextrose stuff and the blast mix drink

Last edited by Red1; 02-03-2004 at 10:37 AM.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 ... LastLast