Quantcast
Unpaid Transit Ticket? - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Unpaid Transit Ticket?

My Ride
    POS Toyota

Default Unpaid Transit Ticket?

Ok, so I was doing spring cleaning, and came upon a few unpaid transit tickets (riding CTrain without a vaild payment).

Can I just call up the Police Dept and pay them?

I'm not so keen on having an outstanding warrant out for my arrest.

My Ride
    12 camaro ss ,91 aristo , 12 ram

Im pretty sure you can just go pay it at the court house.

My Ride
    07 Avalanche

yeah just go pay it there.. had to bail out a few friends over the years for these stupid tickets.

The first time i went in with 2 $100 bills and the cop was a dick and said he had no change. I said "well I guess I don't get any change then, i'm not leaving my buddy in jail all night" and he got my change. asshole.

Are there payment options listed on the ticket?

Yup go to the courthouse and pay them where you pay traffic tickets.

Call first, they may need to go find the tickets as I'm sure it's gone out for warrant.

A warrant has most likely been issued, in my experience, I had to resolve a warrant that was issued for an unpaid train ticket. They will arrest you, process you (prints and pictures) and have a JP release you. That was my experience, it may be different in your scenario.

All hail the D pillar!!

My Ride
    1992 KA-T Silvia

Go downtown and pay it to avoid the above statement.
    If you go to a cop station, they arrest you first then you go pay.
    Skip that step, go downtown and they can wipe the warrant an pay it off while your in the court house.

Originally posted by FiveFreshFish
    Are there payment options listed on the ticket?
    Yup, pay whatever price issued on ticket at the court place there. Or if you prefer require an appointment with a judge and try settle out - good luck. Most times tickets usually can go lower by cost or drop dermits with the judge's decision (Assuming if judge's in very good mood!).

Actually... if you don't like pay big $$ on your ticket - you CAN "donate" your time to do labor to pay off your fine. They do have a program you can sign in to volunteer. Done that before once.

Oh, and yes - police can issue warrants if anyone didn't pay their fine or didn't show up for court appearance. Even also if you did sign in for volunteer program but didn't show up at all ... missed the deadline by date, come up the warrant fast by police! They're serious.

My Ride
    05 Honda 954RR, 15 Jeep Grand Cherokee Summit

let me please thread jack this and ask, if I go to the court house and they run my liscense or something within those means to see if I have anything outstanding under my name. Things like redlight tickets and such. I have someone I pay to have them all reduced and paid off, however I have this feeling I missed one last year or so.....

Appreciate it.
    reborn_euro (08)

~~~~RIP~~~~

EuRo_Reborn (07)
    euro.roma (05)

Originally posted by 71car2

Yup, pay whatever price issued on ticket at the court place there. Or if you prefer require an appointment with a judge and try settle out - good luck. Most times tickets usually can go lower by cost or drop dermits with the judge's decision (Assuming if judge's in very good mood!).

Actually... if you don't like pay big $$ on your ticket - you CAN "donate" your time to do labor to pay off your fine. They do have a program you can sign in to volunteer. Done that before once.

Oh, and yes - police can issue warrants if anyone didn't pay their fine or didn't show up for court appearance. Even also if you did sign in for volunteer program but didn't show up at all ... missed the deadline by date, come up the warrant fast by police! They're serious.
    I thought I was a thrifty guy and took the labour route. Sent to the local police dog kennels for work, shovelling shit, cleaning pens and having massively aggressive dogs barking at me for three hours was more than enough, at lunch I went and paid the ticket in full. The guy running the kennel said I lasted twice as long as anyone else. Lesson learned.

Originally posted by CanmoreOrLess

I thought I was a thrifty guy and took the labour route. Sent to the local police dog kennels for work, shovelling shit, cleaning pens and having massively aggressive dogs barking at me for three hours was more than enough, at lunch I went and paid the ticket in full. The guy running the kennel said I lasted twice as long as anyone else. Lesson learned.
    Guess I got lucky on these days I did for the labour route. All I did was dug the dirt out of ground for the community places. Didn't have to work like a slave - just do my normal rate. Heck, one officer even let me go home early with some extra credit signed.

I'm done with that - all paid up long ago. Real work was not that bad. And I had got some few tips from other convicts in the group on when to avoid what days of what shitty weather. Keeping that on my mind if next time. Only did for 3 days total.

I still say do the labour route because all I ever did was "donate" my time, didn't even paid a cent and the city, in the sense, paid this wages to my fine direct.

My Ride
    Sierra, RDX

How do they calculate the rate at which you pay back the fine? Is it based on the wage that a city employee would make or is it based on what you earn hourly?

I assume any demerits are still applied if you go the labor route?
    See Crank. See Crank Walk. Walk Crank Walk.

Originally posted by FraserB
    How do they calculate the rate at which you pay back the fine? Is it based on the wage that a city employee would make or is it based on what you earn hourly?

I assume any demerits are still applied if you go the labor route?
    No demerits were applied as far what I was told from the agent when I applied for labor route. Even you are not taxed also on that.

What the city pay on wages is the minimum wage. I got $9.40 per hour. Let's say for example - if your fine is like about $300 ish, then they will give you 31.9 hours labor That's like 3-4 days between. You can do on any day you have free time on yourself. The dept is open 7 days daily - holidays open as well. It's 8 hours a day or if you want half day for 4 hours ...yeah sure. But if you want kill off the hours faster - do the full day, as they will credit you one hour for lunch time, plus long breaks for smoke or coffee.

You could do once a day per weekend and that will go by fast in no time.
    Last edited by 71car2; 05-19-2012 at 02:44 PM.

you have "a few transit tickets?" why don't you stop being a fucking freeloading leech loser and start buying fare for the train. do you really expect the rest of society to pay the way for you? i'm sorry, but i really hate people who think they are somehow exceptions to the rules that everyone needs to play by.

I can't believe no one else has called this loser out yet.

^ Tell that to jefferson2 - he is the original OP who opened this thread. It's his business if he don't want pay off the "few tickets" ... police will love a good old chase on his ass wherever the guy is. Warrant is in effect, I suppose.

Not my business anyway - all I did was present what other payment options are there for the fines. That's it I'm done (hands washed off).

My Ride
    Sierra, RDX

Originally posted by FixedGear
    you have "a few transit tickets?" why don't you stop being a fucking freeloading leech loser and start buying fare for the train. do you really expect the rest of society to pay the way for you? i'm sorry, but i really hate people who think they are somehow exceptions to the rules that everyone needs to play by.

I can't believe no one else has called this loser out yet.
    Provided that you only catch the C-Train and only ride at rush hour, it is actually cheaper to not buy a pass and simply pay the fine. Enforcement during rush hour is essentially zero and the odds of being picked out on the platform are very low. It becomes even more economical if you spend the 30 minutes and get the ticket reduced. Granted it still makes you a scumbag.

Just to clarify, I buy a transit pass since my company pays for it.
    Last edited by FraserB; 05-19-2012 at 03:54 PM.
    See Crank. See Crank Walk. Walk Crank Walk.

^^it may be cheaper, but IMO it's a pretty low thing to do. if you're going to use the public transit, you should be a responsible adult and pay the fucking fare like the rest of us. if everyone tried to be a fucking loser leech and cheat the system, we wouldn't have a train to ride in the first place.

My Ride
    1998 BMW 328i

Originally posted by 71car2

No demerits were applied as far what I was told from the agent when I applied for labor route. Even you are not taxed also on that.

What the city pay on wages is the minimum wage. I got $9.40 per hour. Let's say for example - if your fine is like about $300 ish, then they will give you 31.9 hours labor That's like 3-4 days between. You can do on any day you have free time on yourself. The dept is open 7 days daily - holidays open as well. It's 8 hours a day or if you want half day for 4 hours ...yeah sure. But if you want kill off the hours faster - do the full day, as they will credit you one hour for lunch time, plus long breaks for smoke or coffee.

You could do once a day per weekend and that will go by fast in no time.
    You can do the pay-or-stay option. Every $150 is one night in jail.
    Koenigsegg, what started as a dream just blew your doors off.

My Ride
    911 & Cayenne

Originally posted by lellowrx7

If you go to a cop station, they arrest you first then you go pay.
    Skip that step, go downtown and they can wipe the warrant an pay it off while your in the court house.
    Not true. I went directly to the station, paid it, they cleared it for me on the spot.
    We stopped checking for monsters under our beds when we realized they were inside us.

My Ride
    06 WRX

Originally posted by FraserB

Provided that you only catch the C-Train and only ride at rush hour, it is actually cheaper to not buy a pass and simply pay the fine. Enforcement during rush hour is essentially zero and the odds of being picked out on the platform are very low. It becomes even more economical if you spend the 30 minutes and get the ticket reduced. Granted it still makes you a scumbag.

Just to clarify, I buy a transit pass since my company pays for it.
    According to the transit cop who issued me one (first of the month and I was a quarter short pre-credit card acceptance ), the fine isn't supposed to be the same for repeat offenders and can go as high as something like $1,500 for serial offenders.

If he wasn't just BSing me, it definitely isn't cheaper to offend regularly.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast