Quantcast
Attn: Illegal Import For Sale - Do Not Buy - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 1 of 6 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: Attn: Illegal Import For Sale - Do Not Buy

My Ride
    MK7 Golf

Default Attn: Illegal Import For Sale - Do Not Buy

This is an announcement for all those interested in importing cars. I typically do not slander or post against other people who are bringing cars into our country, but that is when they are doing this LEGALLY.

Currently there are a few imports kicking around AB & BC that are illegal. If someone buys one of these cars unsuspecting and does not know much about out import laws they will be up shit creek when the law comes down.

Click here to see a local add for an ILLEGAL car This add has been posted in Canada Trader recently.

FYI ALL cars coming to Canada MUST be 15 years old to the month they were built in. This car isn't even an 89, which makes it super illegal & hot as far as our gov't is concerned.

Description : 1990 TOYOTA MR2 , immaculate inside and out, extremely well taken care of, includes new Blizzack winter tires and high performance summer tires, serious buyers only please, 44,000 kms, $14,900. Ph (780) 458-7992. St Albert.
    This is just an FYI ----> Please be advised that owning an illegal car could cost you more than you anticipated. Though it is the responsibilty of the importers to verify the year of the vehicle, for a car to come into the country it's here on forged papers claiming it's 15 years old this will in turn cause insurance and registration scandals *IF* the papers have been forged, as well CUSTOMS has the right to sieze and hold the car for destruction at the Importers cost, but that leaves the current owner with out a vehicle.

Please do your research before you buy a car, and make sure you aren't opening a bad can of worms!

Sorry for the ramble,

ImportConcern
    MK7 Golf SportWagen 4Motion

is that a right hand drive?

My Ride
    400whp MR2 - An Italian and a couple of Germans

Yah that RHD, thanks for the heads up, thats a really good price if thats a turbo compared to what the usdm and cdm sw20s go for here
    Looking for a new VW? How about a used vehicle? We are Central Albertas #1 source for pre-owned vehicles
    I will beat any deal on a new VW for beyonders

Gary Moe Volkswagen/Gary Moe Used Car Superstore!

Red Deer, AB

Wierd, no where in the ad did it have any mention that it is RHD. Are you sure the image isn't just mirrored? See that a lot in car selling publications.

My Ride
    MK7 Golf

There are some fellows in my hometown that have imported prior illegals as well. A 180SX, a suposid Fairlady Z TT, and now this. They were in Vancouver at the same lot as us when we picked up our LEGAL car....

My Ride
    96 Dodge Ram 2500 V-10 ext cab,long box on 33s

this guy knows what hes talking bout, do your research before purchasing a car

"454 with the foot on the floor"
    "Burn some gas, and kick some ass"
    "You gotta make er go before you show"
    "Don't be so surprised that you got beat by an 8 lug."
    "My lugnuts require more torque than your Honda produces"

My Ride
    GMC Sierra

how do you know its imported, just from the pic? Cause like Agaki said, a lot of the pics are flipped in the trader

My Ride
    MK7 Golf

We know the guys that have imported the car... I've seen the car in person before. I don't post false information, but if for some reason a VIN # appears on the dash and the steering wheel swaps positioning I will retract my post.... but until then

BTW --- I live within a few blocks of these guys, and one of my best friends lives at the top of the "importers" crescent

My Ride
    GMC Sierra

oh, no i wasnt implying that it was false information. I was just wondering. I'm sure the heads up is appreciated by all

My Ride
    MK7 Golf

I wasn't implying that you were implying, but just incase someone else was wondering...

The one thing I ask, if you are looking to import a car from the USA, Japan, Germany, or where ever is that you select a realible importer who is familiar with our laws, is it really worth the hassle that can come out of having an illegal? I would say it isn't, but maybe that's just me b/c there are obviously ppl out there that just don't care... and b/c of this I'm really hoping this won't make it tougher to bring legal cars in when the illegals are caught (and yes they have been caught in the past, I know of some ppl locally that had their cars seized already for breaking the laws...)

There are harsh penalty's set out by Customs and Transport Canada for the importation of illegals, for verification please visit their respective sites

My Ride
    335i

Just an aside:

If you store it for a year, and pull it out, will it not become legal?
    Original Post NAZI Moderated

Originally posted by r3cc0s
    Felon or Mistermeiner

My Ride
    MK7 Golf

No. Customs does not offer bonded storage for cars newer than 15 years old....

For the car to even enter the country for a domestic resident (not someone who is visiting the country) it must be 15 years old, I've spoken with a variety of ppl at customs on various levels and it's just not possible.

So to legally import anything and have it actually land on Canadian soil it still must be 15 years old to the month, they will not even allow it in if it's off by one month!

so why do they have R34 Skylines in the states then? is it legal in the states to import a car thats not 15 years old?

My Ride
    MK7 Golf

No... the States I belive have something like a 30 year old rule, I'd have to check further into it.

Some VERY VERY rich people in the States bought numerous R32's, R33's, and R34's and crash tested them and modified them to meet USA safety regulations. They are called motorex, however currently we haven't been able to convince the Canadian gov't to allow us (importers in general) to prove that the cars we want are good enough to come in!

It's so lame b/c even cars that we have IE: Fairlady Z twinturbo, MR2, Mercedes S500 (new ones) are not allowed here b/c of the laws.... It's sad, but there isn't much we can do YET.

My Ride
    00 Accord Special Edition

So would you import stuff like seats ??

My Ride
    2001 R-1

i HAVE A question REdBaron, my team has imported a few "items"and i'm just wondering if this car is so illegal, then how did he get it of the dock? I my-self am from Edmonton i've been up to St.Albert alot, maybe i didn't see that exact car but i'm pretty sure with those lovely RCMP's up there that car would have been haulded of a long time ago!

My Ride
    Some wedges.

The US has Motorex who imports Skylines exclusivly, since they met the federal regulations for crash testing etc. They are the only people who can import and bring to US safety specs and sell to the public, afaik.
    WTB:
    87+ AW11 ds valence panel, ds fender, rear visor. Burgundy interior parts as well.
    7th gen Celica antenna assembly

Please PM me, thanks!

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

Originally posted by sheer_blade
    i HAVE A question REdBaron, my team has imported a few "items"and i'm just wondering if this car is so illegal, then how did he get it of the dock?
    False documentation, dumb customs folks, bribes . Who knows, but it's not hard to illegally import a vehicle. What redbaron is trying to warn are people that buy them unknowingly. Imagine if you bought the car, and someone rear ended you. Insurance does some poking around and sees an illegal car. Everyone sues you, and you have no coverage even though you were the victim. Fun stuff.

My Ride
    2001 R-1

DANGEROUS STUFF, thanx for the info?

Good info, thanks for the post. I would probably be one of the idiots who would jump at owning a RHD 1990 MR2 for only 14000.

Page 1 of 6 1 2 ... LastLast