Quantcast
Call of Duty: Black Ops 2 - Page 32 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 32 of 53 FirstFirst ... 22 31 32 33 42 ... LastLast

Thread: Call of Duty: Black Ops 2

Running dead silence with ghost wouldn't be bad either when running up behind people.......especially snipers. You can then take your time and get a headshot haha.
    Built not Bought.
    Originally posted by mitsumirage
    the civic will always be just a basic car , poor people will always buy them , its sad but its true

My Ride
    335xi 70 c10 84 c10 Indian chief

Lost my fuckin ranks again. Just gy back to prestige 2 and turn on today. Back at level 48. Lost my s12 stuff. All I had to do was 1 blood thirsty. Fuckin bullshit

Originally posted by theken
    Lost my fuckin ranks again. Just gy back to prestige 2 and turn on today. Back at level 48. Lost my s12 stuff. All I had to do was 1 blood thirsty. Fuckin bullshit
    What's going on there...
    Has your account been hacked?
    Are you being punished for something by Activision/Treyarch?
    Some bug/glitch/error in the system/software?

My Ride
    335xi 70 c10 84 c10 Indian chief

Apparently a glitch. Shouldn't be being punished. But it sure feels like it. That was all I needed for diamond camo on shotguns. Now I have to redo my s12 and most of the last shotgun. Not very happy with that

I wonder if it's worth contacting their customer support about the problem...

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

Originally posted by Inzane
    There's a single player campaign??

How are you enjoying it so far?
    I haven't started yet. I've been playing an hour a night before bed, and just finished COD4, MW2 and MW3 storyline. Next up is World at War, Black Ops, then finally BO2. MW2 and MW3 stories and presentation was epic. I didn't play MW3 till now. Somehow I forgot about it last year.
    Originally posted by SEANBANERJEE
    I have gone above and beyond what I should rightfully have to do to protect my good name

My Ride
    FIAT SPORT

Up until last night, while recently going for the Skulls unlock I was running:

Perk 1 Greed, Perk 3 Greed
    Lightweight + Ghost
    Scavenger
    Engineer + Dexeterity

MP-7 w/ laser + suppressor

After re-unlocking Primary Gunfigher last night I switched it up a bit to:

Ghost
    Fast Hands
    Engineer

Primary Gunfighter
    MP-7 w/ laser + long barrel + ext mag

2x EMP Grenades (thinking of switching those to shock charges to use offensively, once I get those re-unlocked).

I've been specifically avoiding using lethals while going for the Skulls-bloodthirsty challenge, since its gun specific.

Interesting suggestion on attachments. So you're implying laser is not really a must have? And with rapid fire you're not concerned with the supposed drastic range reduction? FMJ, which is only really useful for shooting through walls/cover?

I was thinking of switching Perk 2 back to Scavenger and using Fast Mags instead of Ext Mag.
    Laser is very good with shotguns. It also helps SMG's with headshots if your not looking down the sites for close encounters but since your only going for blood thirsty, you just want the kill and rapidfire should help a bit.

Extended Mag or fast mag in my opinion is not necessary as long as you pull back from attacking to reload.

The long barrel omits the lost of range for rapid fire and the grip controls the recoil of rapid fire.

The good thing with this setup is that you have a better chance of hitting your target bec of the more bullets going out of the gun.

I always use lightweight with ghost bec I'm always on the move when I'm shooting someone. With faster movements bec of lightweight I'm not an easy target to hit.

FMJ still increases the damage from what I found out in game.

Dexterity is like having quick grip with added perks for fast climbing etc. (plus it gives you another slot for attachments)

Extreme Conditioning gives you an edge in showing up in places they don't expect you will be after you killed them. I run a lot and don't stay long in one room. I go in and out of one area.

Always remember that your gun is short to mid range so learn to pick fights. Learn the maps and go through the corridors and tighter areas. Even if I am being shot at and I know I'm at a disadvantage, I would go out another route that would level the playing field.
    Last edited by DENZILDON; 12-20-2012 at 04:02 PM.

Originally posted by rage2
    just finished COD4, MW2 and MW3 storyline.

MW2 and MW3 stories and presentation was epic.
    I haven't finished MW3 yet, I'm maybe 50%. But I felt overall the COD4 campaign was the best. Loved the story, loved the diversity of the missions and the progression, loved the characters, and the wow/shock factor in some of the plot developments. MW2 was great too, and the presentation was definitely helped by improved graphics and a very bombastic hans zimmer score, but I felt the story was a bit lacking by comparison. It seemed a bit inconsistent and disjointed at times.

From what I've played so far, MW3 seems very similar to MW2, just more of the same. But I'll reevaluate once I'm finished that one.

PS - I liked COD4 so much I played through it twice already.

I'm also only partway through BO1's campaign (maybe 25-30%?), and I can't say that I care for it very much so far. It seems kind of ridiculous.. dumb even. (Like too much Michael Bay, not enough Stephen Speilberg, if that makes any sense...)

My Ride
    General Motors Competizione

Am I the only one that plays single player campaign?
    I pretty much only play the single player, and sometimes play multiplayer when I forget that I'm not good enough to play multiplayer. I posted a kind of review a few pages back, before I realized that there are different endings depending on decisions you make. Even knowing that now, I'm not sure I'll go back and play it again. Of all the CODs since COD4, I like BO2 the least.

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

From what I've played so far, MW3 seems very similar to MW2, just more of the same. But I'll reevaluate once I'm finished that one.

PS - I liked COD4 so much I played through it twice already.
    MW3 is a funny one, it's a story told through a rehash of the levels from COD4 and MW2 but in different settings. But damn, the story is so interesting and presented very well. I also didn't know that MW3 was basically part 2 of MW2, which made it nice for story continuation. That and it uses New York, London, Paris settings on the story, lots of memorable places that I've visited.

I'm also only partway through BO1's campaign (maybe 25-30%?), and I can't say that I care for it very much so far. It seems kind of ridiculous.. dumb even. (Like too much Michael Bay, not enough Stephen Speilberg, if that makes any sense...)
    Agreed. When BO1 came out I bought it first day, and got kinda bored. I finished about 50% of the missions. The whole telling of the story through flashbacks makes the story kinda broken up and all over the map. I'm going to sit through it anyways just in case it's referenced somehow in BO2. I enjoyed World at War tho.

Originally posted by SKR
    I pretty much only play the single player, and sometimes play multiplayer when I forget that I'm not good enough to play multiplayer. I posted a kind of review a few pages back, before I realized that there are different endings depending on decisions you make. Even knowing that now, I'm not sure I'll go back and play it again. Of all the CODs since COD4, I like BO2 the least.
    Really? BO2 is that bad? I am looking at BO2 with a bit lower expectations, just because I'm not a fan of futuristic FPS stories and sci-fi weapons. Never really enjoyed Halo or Gears of War storylines. I'm just hoping it's not THAT far in the future and technology isn't completely far fetched.
    Originally posted by SEANBANERJEE
    I have gone above and beyond what I should rightfully have to do to protect my good name

My Ride
    Nothing interesting anymore

Really? BO2 is that bad? I am looking at BO2 with a bit lower expectations, just because I'm not a fan of futuristic FPS stories and sci-fi weapons. Never really enjoyed Halo or Gears of War storylines. I'm just hoping it's not THAT far in the future and technology isn't completely far fetched.
    The tech isn't far fetched, but the story is terrible IMO. I didn't get through very far before I gave up.

On a side note, I was getting pretty bored of Multiplayer, so I decided to get my gold shield, lol. My K/D ratio has got to shit, but it's actually pretty fun playing with it. I might have to try for Diamond as well.
    Quote Originally Posted by DonJuan View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Came back to ogle 2Legit2Quit wife's buns...
    Quote Originally Posted by Kloubek View Post
    They're certainly big, but I don't know if they are the BEST I've tasted.

Originally posted by DENZILDON
    Laser is very good with shotguns. It also helps SMG's with headshots if your not looking down the sites for close encounters but since your only going for blood thirsty, you just want the kill and rapidfire should help a bit.

Extended Mag or fast mag in my opinion is not necessary as long as you pull back from attacking to reload.

The long barrel omits the lost of range for rapid fire and the grip controls the recoil of rapid fire.

The good thing with this setup is that you have a better chance of hitting your target bec of the more bullets going out of the gun.

I always use lightweight with ghost bec I'm always on the move when I'm shooting someone. With faster movements bec of lightweight I'm not an easy target to hit.

FMJ still increases the damage from what I found out in game.

Dexterity is like having quick grip with added perks for fast climbing etc. (plus it gives you another slot for attachments)

Extreme Conditioning gives you an edge in showing up in places they don't expect you will be after you killed them.
    Ok, let's see:
    MP-7 (1), primary gunfighter (1)
    long barrel (1), rapid fire (1), Grip or FMJ (1)
    Perk 1 Greed (1)
    Ghost (1), Lightweight (1)
    Scavenger (1)
    Engineer or Dexterity or Extreme Conditioning (1)

* edit * -- shit I forgot I'd need Perk 1 Greed (1). It'd have to be Perk 1 or Perk 3 greed, not both. Unless I gave up having three attachments, or give up having scavenger.

I just don't think I could give up the Engineer perk. Too much camping BS in the game. I start dying a lot from Betties, etc. when I don't have Engineer.
    Last edited by Inzane; 12-20-2012 at 05:35 PM.

Originally posted by Tik-Tok

The tech isn't far fetched, but the story is terrible IMO. I didn't get through very far before I gave up.

On a side note, I was getting pretty bored of Multiplayer, so I decided to get my gold shield, lol. My K/D ratio has got to shit, but it's actually pretty fun playing with it. I might have to try for Diamond as well.
    The side missions that come up where ur basically given a god like pov and u control the different soldiers/equipment to either defend or attack were pretty lame IMO. I failed the one in India where u defend shit once, passed the one where u attack shit in the shipyard one, and skipped the rest lol. Haven't finished the campaign either.

So for diamond camo u need to get gold on every gun in that class? How does that work for the shield? (it's the only one in its class, no?)

The engineer perk helps so much I find once u use it. Going back to no engineer sucks lol. Especially being able to re-roll care packages.

Btw the black hat equipment is pretty sweet too at destroying enemy helicopters uav etc. better than putting rocket launcher as secondary I think.
    Last edited by EK69; 12-20-2012 at 06:06 PM.

My Ride
    Nothing interesting anymore

Originally posted by EK69

So for diamond camo u need to get gold on every gun in that class? How does that work for the shield? (it's the only one in its class, no?)
    You need gold camo with Crossbow, Ballistic Knife and Combat Knife as well.
    Quote Originally Posted by DonJuan View Post
    Came back to ogle 2Legit2Quit wife's buns...
    Quote Originally Posted by Kloubek View Post
    They're certainly big, but I don't know if they are the BEST I've tasted.

My Ride
    General Motors Competizione

MW3 is a funny one, it's a story told through a rehash of the levels from COD4 and MW2 but in different settings. But damn, the story is so interesting and presented very well. I also didn't know that MW3 was basically part 2 of MW2, which made it nice for story continuation. That and it uses New York, London, Paris settings on the story, lots of memorable places that I've visited.

Agreed. When BO1 came out I bought it first day, and got kinda bored. I finished about 50% of the missions. The whole telling of the story through flashbacks makes the story kinda broken up and all over the map. I'm going to sit through it anyways just in case it's referenced somehow in BO2. I enjoyed World at War tho.

Yeah, I like to play in present day, on earth. I don't like to go too far into the future or past, and I hate any kind of space shit. BO2 has lots of goofy gadgets and shit that you have to use, and it doesn't work very well. I think Ghost Recon: Future Soldier did a better job of that earlier this year. It just feels intrusive and unnecessary in this game. And the strike force missions or whatever they're called, are mega gay.

If you plan on playing BO2, you should play BO1. I think that's the only way you'll get any value out of the story. It's worth a play because it's not terrible, but I'm sure at several points in the game you'll be saying, "this is fucking retarded."

My Ride
    Ford F150

Originally posted by SKR
    ... the strike force missions... you'll be saying, "this is fucking retarded."

I can eat more hot wings than you.

My Ride
    FIAT SPORT

Ok, let's see:
    MP-7 (1), primary gunfighter (1)
    long barrel (1), rapid fire (1), Grip or FMJ (1)
    Perk 1 Greed (1)
    Ghost (1), Lightweight (1)
    Scavenger (1)
    Engineer or Dexterity or Extreme Conditioning (1)

* edit * -- shit I forgot I'd need Perk 1 Greed (1). It'd have to be Perk 1 or Perk 3 greed, not both. Unless I gave up having three attachments, or give up having scavenger.

I just don't think I could give up the Engineer perk. Too much camping BS in the game. I start dying a lot from Betties, etc. when I don't have Engineer.
    This is when your Custom class management comes in to play. It's not all games you will have a player that uses betties. One thing you need practice is to duck as soon as you hear the squeak! But if there is just to much you can do the following.
    I think I have 7 or 8 custom classes. The first 5 is my goal classes. Same gun and a few tweaks to accommodate the purpose of the class.

Custom 1 will have a normal setup just like the one I suggested.
    Custom 2 ghost blind eye and anti air (for hitting birds)
    Custom 3 will have the engineer and black hat
    Custom 4 overkill with my shot gun
    Custom 5 a different set up again depending on how the gun plays.
    Custom 6, 7, 8 my shotgun set ups (just incase I'm getting owned)

So in game, I switch to different classes depending on what game the enemy is playing. I switch to custom 2 if they have a chopper then switch back again after I get killed.

I switch to custom 3 if they use a lot of gadgets.
    Unless they are a team you will have a different set up of enemies the next game.

This is similar to the default class when your in level 1 but 10million times better. Each one earns for your gun achievements but different purpose all in all.
    Last edited by DENZILDON; 12-21-2012 at 02:22 AM.

My Ride
    FIAT SPORT

Double post

My Ride
    Sierra, RDX

WHat are everyone's thoughts on the Tactical Insertion?

Worth it or useless?
    See Crank. See Crank Walk. Walk Crank Walk.

Originally posted by DENZILDON
    Custom 2 ghost blind eye and anti air (for hitting birds)
    I set up an anti-air class myself, but haven't had a chance yet to really test it yet (mainly because I haven't seen a lot of enemy arieal scorestreaks too often).

Wildcard: Perk 1 Greed (1)
    Perk 1: Ghost (1), Blind Eye (for AI controlled equipment)(1)
    Perk 2: Cold Blooded (for player-controlled equipment)(1)
    Perk 3: Extreme Conditioning (1)
    Primary: Assult rifle(1) w/ reflex (1) + FMJ (1) (reflex to help aim, and FMJ for increased damage against air equipment)
    Secondary: Rocket launcher (smaw?) (1)
    Lethal: none
    Tactical: Black Hat (1)

Extreme conditioning is kinda optional, and could be swapped out either for another Perk 3 (not sure what though), or a 2nd black hat.

On paper at least, I think I've got the bases covered. What do you think?

Page 32 of 53 FirstFirst ... 22 31 32 33 42 ... LastLast