Quantcast
Asian drivers and their "New Driver" signs. WHY? - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 1 of 14 1 2 11 ... LastLast

Thread: Asian drivers and their "New Driver" signs. WHY?

My Ride
    Reeks of Awesomeness

Default Asian drivers and their "New Driver" signs. WHY?

Please someone explain this to me. Why is it so common for middle aged asian drivers to have a "NEW DRIVER" sign in their rear window? I am sure a large percentage of them aren't even new drivers and it's just an excuse for their shit driving... but hey, maybe someone can enlighten me. Please, break my prejudice..... good luck.

I've also wondered about this, not just middle aged Asians but all new drivers. Does this sign get you something. If it does I'm going to put one in my window, or maybe just tape one to the back of my buddies car. Should be god for a few laughs.
    Three of my favourite:

originally posted by "paulb1320"

(so tight that my hands went numb in minutes and a have bruises, infact my hands are still numb, 2 hours later)

I'm going to find each and every one of your little internet friends!

I now feel like I went into shock. I started breathing heavily and lost my sense of what was going on.

My Ride
    2017 Tacoma street queen

To warm people they will probably make sudden no shoulder check lane changes, break checks, no signal turns, 18 kms under speed driving, no warning u turns, most unpredictable driving. Things like these I think.

My Ride
    (maah raahde)

Originally posted by Nismorphed
    To warm people they will probably make sudden no shoulder check lane changes, break checks, no signal turns, 18 kms under speed driving, no warning u turns, most unpredictable driving. Things like these I think.
    Shouldn't it just be "Asian Driver" then?

My Ride
    A big red Taco, '99 4Runner

You want those things, drive Northmount Dr. behind a senior. I can't figure out why they drive 40kph everywhere. Through school and playground zones, regular limit zones, all of it. 40kph consistantly. Then you get the sudden left turn, or the slow down to 30 for no reason, then back up to 40. Drives me crazy, but I use that as the main road for my work delivery area, and I have to put up with it.

My Ride
    Horse

Originally posted by D'z Nutz

Shouldn't it just be "Asian Driver" then?

who ever puts those signs shouldnt be driving.... they put them to tell u to keep ur distance as they may mess up while driving, to tell u that they are a bit scared behind the wheel and that u should be careful..... when i see them i just change lanes away from them then i give the car a bit so it screams to scare them

and no "fart can" on my bmw

I personally don't see what the big deal is and i don't think that it is just "asian" drivers that have the new driver sign on their cars. I've seen this many times and behind the wheel it was anywhere from a caucasian, Indian to Asian driver. i think it is a nice courtesy to let us know to be patient with them.

BC does something similar for ALL their new drivers, but rather than a huge sign that says new driver, it's a magnetic "N" that you stick on the rear of your vehicle. Once you receive your drivers licnese from them, you are known as a new/novice driver under the graduated drivers program for...i think 18 months now, please correct me if i am wrong.

They also do this for people learning with a learners license.

Like i said, i personally think this is a great idea to let us more experienced drivers know to be patient with those who are learning to drive or just received their license. I can say that receving my license at 16 didn't make me a "pro" automatically, and i would've appreciated some patience from the assholes on the road, rather than have some asshole tailgate me for blocks driving agressively because i was still developing my skills and confidence.

I know that when i see someone with the "N" or the new driver sign on their car, i tend to be more "forgiving" on the shit they do. I just go around them and problem solved.

really....
    Last edited by BokCh0y; 04-22-2012 at 12:15 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Disoblige View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Arash reminds me of Mar but I can't tell which one is more stupid.
    Quote Originally Posted by JRSC00LUDE View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Yeah well I wonder how they get the soft flowing caramel inside the Caramilk bar but you don't see me making a god damn thread about it. Slap your wife Baygirl, straighten him out.

My Ride
    Turbo stuff

One of the cars from that guy that makes those super speeders DVDs.

Originally posted by ZMan2k2
    You want those things, drive Northmount Dr. behind a senior. I can't figure out why they drive 40kph everywhere. Through school and playground zones, regular limit zones, all of it. 40kph consistantly. Then you get the sudden left turn, or the slow down to 30 for no reason, then back up to 40. Drives me crazy, but I use that as the main road for my work delivery area, and I have to put up with it.
    Haha that's hilarious I've noticed the 40kph thing too! First you're losing your mind sitting behind them doing 35-40. Then you hit a playground zone and they pull away, then you catch up and repeat the process. Northmount is the worst for that, my parents and the gfs parents live at one end and we live at the other, so frustrating. The worst is when they tailgate you because you're doing 30 in a playground zone. I had a ballsy grandma try to pass me in the one by Brentwood school.

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

Wait, you're complaining why? In a perfect world, all shitty asian drivers should be easily identifiable on the road!
    Originally posted by SEANBANERJEE
    I have gone above and beyond what I should rightfully have to do to protect my good name

My Ride
    90 DB1, 03 RL1, 07 YK1

To me they're like truck nuts. They scream "LOOK AT ME I OWN THE ROAD!!!!! GET THE F*** OUT OF THE WAY!!!!!"

Calgary is so much like an iphone: iCalgary - There's a bylaw for that.

My Ride
    Silverado

Ya I like the N and L system in BC. Did you hear they're intoducing an O as well?

If you are, or have:

Ovaries
    Old age
    Oriental

You get a magnetic O to stick to your car, and it doesn't stop at one O either. So if you see a car with the OOO stuck on the back watch the fuck out.

My Ride
    Hatred

Originally posted by rage2
    Wait, you're complaining why? In a perfect world, all shitty asian drivers should be easily identifiable on the road!
    Like a big rice bowl decal on the window??
    -U

My Ride
    BMW X5

Originally posted by Unknown303

Like a big rice bowl decal on the window??
    +1

I think that should be the new beyond decal. I'd sport one for sure.

My Ride
    Hatred

-U

My Ride
    Horse

i like the magnetic signs, or stickers.... the LAST thing someone that feels they should have the sign up on their car while driving is something blocking their view out the back window.

I have seen some with 2 large signs, one with a whole banner.... and the last to mention was a normal sized sign but when i got beside her she had a piece of "salesheet" tucked in the driver side window..... possibly protect her from the sun?
    Originally posted by rage2
    Ya, I built some crazy ass shit with Lego as a kid. I had a thing for AMC Eagle AWD's as a kid for some bizarre reason, so I spent a lot of time going to the library and reading up on how AWD works in that car. I even hitchhiked to the library once cuz my parents were too lazy to drive me haha. Ya, I'm a nerd.

Default Re: Asian drivers and their "New Driver" signs. WHY?

Originally posted by wardpr68
    Please someone explain this to me. Why is it so common for middle aged asian drivers to have a "NEW DRIVER" sign in their rear window? I am sure a large percentage of them aren't even new drivers and it's just an excuse for their shit driving... but hey, maybe someone can enlighten me. Please, break my prejudice..... good luck.

...maybe in some cases the signs are thrown up because some of them have teenagers who'll borrow the car from time to time? If yer middle-aged that means you're around the right age to have a kid at home askin to take the car out for a spin. Likewise, I'm guessing the signs stay on 24-7 for any number of lazyass or logistical reasons.

My Ride
    '10 Civic

Default Re: Re: Asian drivers and their "New Driver" signs. WHY?

Originally posted by shadezofgrey

...maybe in some cases the signs are thrown up because some of them have teenagers who'll borrow the car from time to time? If yer middle-aged that means you're around the right age to have a kid at home askin to take the car out for a spin. Likewise, I'm guessing the signs stay on 24-7 for any number of lazyass or logistical reasons.
    +1 i was going to post this too.

My Ride
    X100 | A80

My Asian neighbor has been a new driver for over a year now, keeps a sign on his back window haha
    Originally posted by Keiichi Tsuchiya
    The Hachiroku really brings out the beast in you.
    It's like the moon that changes a man into a werewolf.
    That is the magic of the Hachiroku.

Page 1 of 14 1 2 11 ... LastLast