Quantcast
Air Conditioning for my house - Page 11 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 11 of 32 FirstFirst ... 10 11 12 21 ... LastLast

Thread: Air Conditioning for my house

Gavin does have his own company. It is called Perfect Climate. It is a registered City business. Licenced refrigeration mechanic. Bonded and insured. He is a Tempstar Dealer. He can pull and does pull permits. He is one of the few people out there giving quotes that is a refrigeration mechanic.
    Last edited by Nera57; 06-11-2015 at 06:48 AM.

Originally posted by Nera57
    Gavin does have his own company. It is called Perfect Climate. It is a registered City business. Licenced refrigeration mechanic. Bonded and insured. He is a Tempstar Dealer. He can pull and does pull permits. He is one of the only people out there giving quotes that is a refrigeration mechanic. Most of these lowball price companies are sending plumbers or sheet metal guys to install these a/c units. Most of the time you have to get an actual refrigeration mechanic to come back and fix your bad install. They are also quoting the cheapest and noisiest pieces of junk units. If your looking for the lowest price then go with these plumbing companies.
    Is that you Gavin? Or just saving your first post for something meaningful?

I wouldn't say most of the time installs need to be fixed. I've never had an issue with the companies I've used.

Gavin does have his own company. It is called Perfect Climate. It is a registered City business. Licenced refrigeration mechanic. Bonded and insured. He is a Tempstar Dealer. He can pull and does pull permits.
    Thanks, great update
    Originally posted by Arash Boodagh
    Before I start pwning all the members with my findings.
    Plus, is it true you can feed a pig elephant dong and it will still grow and build meat?
    Originally posted by Toma
    rx7_turbfoags best friend
    Toma the homophobe?

Originally posted by Ntense_SpecV
    A&E pulled the permit for me, and they installed the breaker also, just as an FYI.
    same here

My Ride
    Jeep of Theseus

Gavin does have his own company. It is called Perfect Climate. It is a registered City business. Licenced refrigeration mechanic. Bonded and insured. He is a Tempstar Dealer. He can pull and does pull permits. He is one of the only people out there giving quotes that is a refrigeration mechanic.

*Company bashing removed*

Gavin, it's one thing to join up and give relevant information, it's quite another to post in the third person and bash other companies. Your services are generally spoken positively of around here, I'd recommend being a little more up-front with our users - especially when you're toeing the edge of the no-advertising rule with a post like that.

My Ride
    W204

Gavin came by and did my install today. Very nice guy to deal with and very professional. So far I am very impressed with the unit; it's stupidly quiet. Basically it sounds like a noisier version of my fridge. All I can hear is a bit of compressor noise and can't hear the fan at all and this is me standing right next to the unit. Inside the house, forget about it. I only hear my furnace fan. This should definitely appease any neighbor.

Price paid (IMO) was excellent for a unit with a 16 seer rating and like I say it is more expensive than the lesser units but well worth it if even just for noise levels alone. Plus I am not even sure you can find another 16 seer unit for under $4k.

My house was at 26c today after he finished up at 5:30. We went out, got home at 8 and the house was already down to 23c. 22c actually feels too cold LOL. Seriously felt like winter in here.
    You have a couple of photos that are great... you must be very good at photoshop!

I don't think shopping around to get the best value for your dollar is a bad thing, I also don't think that if you use anyone other than Gavin you're necessarily getting a lesser unit that will be installed by a hack. Like anything you have to do your research. If you're happy with your install and the price you paid regardless of who you chose letting other Beyond members know is a service to this small community.

In addition I never liked other companies that went out of their way to attack competitors (even if it was warranted). I have seen PLENTY of examples of poor, fraudulent, down right dangerous installations of equipment. Truth be told that's where I made a lot of money. I tried my best to explain the situation to my customer and focus more on how I was going to solve the issue and less on how the previous tradesperson was either incompetent or a crook. I found I acquired an incredibly loyal customer base that way. I always looked at it as a professional courtesy to other Tradespeople, even if sometimes they didn't deserve it.
    Plus, is it true you can feed a pig elephant dong and it will still grow and build meat?
    Toma the homophobe?

Last edited by Cos; 12-28-2016 at 03:17 PM.
    Originally posted by adam c

Line goes up, line goes down, line does squiggly things and fucks Alberta
    "The stone age didn't end because we ran out of stones"

Originally posted by clem24

- $3,550 for a 3.5T Bryant 13 seer from some shady guy
    Honestly I would go with the Bryant.

The one thing about Bryant over the other brands is that they are really picky with who sells them and require a high level of technical and product knowledge before they are allowed to sell them. It is the one brand that the back-of-the-truck jobbers cannot buy from a general supplier without being an authorized dealer (Payne is their jobber brand).

Not sure why he seemed "shady" to you but I have a Bryant AC and furnace and I couldn't be happier with them and the service techs really seem to know their product well.

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

I got my AC through Gavin many years ago, but I swear he had pulled a permit for it, or had an electrician that he subcontracted who pulled the permit.

At the time, I'm pretty sure that's something I would have cared about. Maybe I would care less these days.
    Quote Originally Posted by killramos View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    You realize you are talking to the guy who made his own furniture out of salad bowls right?

My Ride
    WRX, Audi A4 Avant

Gavin doesn't pull permits unless you request it. He told me last year he would just charge me whatever it costs if I wanted it pulled.

Last edited by Cos; 12-28-2016 at 03:17 PM.
    Originally posted by adam c

Line goes up, line goes down, line does squiggly things and fucks Alberta
    "The stone age didn't end because we ran out of stones"

My Ride
    NC1

Nah that's only rx7_turbo2 and his public service announcement.
    Originally posted by rage2
    Shit, there's only 49 users here, I doubt we'll even break 100
    I am user #49

My Ride
    W204

Originally posted by sputnik

Not sure why he seemed "shady" to you but I have a Bryant AC and furnace and I couldn't be happier with them and the service techs really seem to know their product well.
    Well he showed up in his Honda Pilot, didn't have a company name, no business card, nothing. And was recommended to me by a guy who did my Hoyme damper.

I suppose by the sounds of it Bryant needs is more stringent than others. But no different than Gavin IMO plus I have a whole bunch of referrals. Also it was only $350 more to move to the 16 seer unit.

Also the Bryant guy was same as Gavin; doesn't pull permits. Actually he went one step further and he stated that he was going to run the wires to my panel and that I had to make the final connection myself.

In any case it's a done deal, I am happy.
    Last edited by clem24; 06-11-2015 at 01:51 PM.
    You have a couple of photos that are great... you must be very good at photoshop!

Originally posted by max_boost
    Nah that's only rx7_turbo2 and his public service announcement.
    Hahaha, I'm actually somewhat obligated

For me it's the sign of a bigger picture. I like to deal with someone who's direct and upfront with me as a customer, making me aware of my obligations as well as theirs. It shows they're concerned with the details. I'd like to say pulling a permit to tie in a single breaker is overkill but........

Really more important is the fact they're a licensed bonded and insured contractor. I've told horror stories of people having liens put on their property because the person they used for a "side job" used material from their "day job". When the "day job" company found out they demanded payment for the material. A position you'd rather not be in.
    Toma the homophobe?

My Ride
    G37X

Pretty happy with the ghetto a/c install I did in my condo today. Scored a free simplicity unit which was abandoned at work. 9500 btu, dual hose, energy efficient model. I think these go for $400- $500. Works perfect in my 635 sq ft condo.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

My Ride
    something green

Originally posted by sputnik

Honestly I would go with the Bryant.

The one thing about Bryant over the other brands is that they are really picky with who sells them and require a high level of technical and product knowledge before they are allowed to sell them. It is the one brand that the back-of-the-truck jobbers cannot buy from a general supplier without being an authorized dealer (Payne is their jobber brand).

At the 13 seer level, its all the same shit...I am not an authorized dealer for any the standard residential brands, and I've been able to buy them all over they years.
    The companies that are really locked down to the dealers the most, probably Lennox and Mitsubishi, although you can buy Lennox machinery as ADP and Aireflo.
    Too loud for Aspen

My Ride
    lots

Had Gavin come do my unit yesterday.

Super professional, showed up in a work truck, lol and offered to pull a permit for me if I wished.

Would definitely recommend him to any of my friends or family.
    CHEVROLET= Cheap, Hardly Efficient, Virtually Runs On Luck Every Time.

My Ride
    NC1

Well had an electrician come through to inspect things and as expected, everything meets code. Now to wait for the City to send an inspector in for approval.
    Originally posted by rage2
    Shit, there's only 49 users here, I doubt we'll even break 100
    I am user #49

My Ride
    bus

Any reviews on Action Furnace? I got a quote from them and they sit right in the middle of all the other companies.

Page 11 of 32 FirstFirst ... 10 11 12 21 ... LastLast