Quantcast
Rear Brake Issue "1996 Regal Gran Sport" - Beyond.ca - Car Forums

Thread: Rear Brake Issue "1996 Regal Gran Sport"

My Ride
    1996 Buick Regal GranSport

Default Rear Brake Issue "1996 Regal Gran Sport"

I bought my Regal GS last year and all was well with the brake system no abs light on however they had very little life left in the pads, about 7 months after the abs light came on and there was a small tiny squeal/whine I had the Brakes checked out and sure enough they had to be replaced, as well as the driver side caliper as it was in rough way soo.... needless to say I did both front and rear Pads, Calipers & Rotors and bam picked up the car from the shop and all was well Abs light off and the brakes felt great... however about 2.5 - 3 months later the abs light came on and the squeal was back also I should note both times the squeal has been from the drivers rear, took it back to the shop and the rear pad and rotors were worn down mainly on the driver side so replaced both AGAIN ... now its doing it yet again ! So I am dead sure its not the caliper rotor or pads ... I sure there is a Bigger issue as it sounds as if something on the drivers side sticks or is warped I was wondering if any of you would have an idea of what it could be as clearly my current shop can't pin point the main issue I was thinking wire harness, sensor or maybe wheel bearing ?

any help / recomendation of a good brake shop that could get the problem fixed the first time not the 5th would be great as I've spent nearly $750 on this issue in 6 months and the car runs too well for me to want to get rid of it over this !

Thanks

-J
    Last edited by Jfro962; 04-26-2012 at 12:59 AM.

The LR pads are worn because their is somthing sticking. Its going to be the park brake cable or the caliper. These calipers have the park brake built into the cailper, its a shitty design that wears pads fast. And rebuilt calipers are even worse for it. Find a really good rebuild or buy $1000 gm calipers, unfortunately thats really your only options.
    Ide say the abs light is not connected to the rear brake problem. Their is somthing else going on and your going to have to get it diagnosed.

My Ride

It would have to be the cable then as ive had the caliper done twice once under warrenty as my mech said to the oart shop i was faulty. But that would make sence as the car is a lil older and the cable is prob not letting go as it should. Thanks for your help. Next question is its there and honest rep brake shop anybody could recomend that could do this for a reasonable price not being $1000 - 1500 not that it should cost that anyhow thanks

My Ride
    Nothing Good.

Minute muffler on 32nd see Ravi or Gary and tell them your on Beyond, they wont screw you over.
    A Ferrari is a high maintenance chick, you spend money regardless of what you do with her. You can baby the C63, or slap on all seasons, and you won't be spending anything but yearly maintenance. Of course that's like dating a stripper and refusing to fuck her, which would make you gay.

Originally posted by Rage2

My Ride
    92 Civic-t, 01 VW Golf TDI

did your shop mention the wear on your front brakes?

My Ride

Yup front brakes are still in great shape same with pass rear just drivers rear, i am sure something is sticking ... maybe the park brake cable like others sugest as cal was replaced twice