Quantcast
Looking to travel as much europe as i can.. - Beyond.ca - Car Forums

Thread: Looking to travel as much europe as i can..

My Ride
    93' civic, honda for lyfe!!

Default Looking to travel as much europe as i can..

Hey guys,

okay so i have the month of may to travel

I want to check out lots of places in europe:

london, paris, amsterdam, rome, barcelona, and others?

Anyway whats the best way and the cheapest way to go about this?

I've heard that once you're in europe you can fly really cheap; alternatively can take the train too. Have you guys done this?

Please share your experience and tips. Where did you start from? How did you plan it or book it?
    Originally posted by 89s1
    I leave the safety off the gun stuffed in my belt. I'm not worried about shotting off one of my balls. I got a spare.

My Ride
    Boeing, Airbus

Flights are cheap, but can also be a hassle. You always need to consider the cost of getting to the airport as well. Most airports have train connections, but this can often add 10-20 euros to the cost of your flight each way, making train travel more affordable. Trains also offer the advantage of seeing the country side.

My biggest advice is not not bite off more than you can chew. I like to have 3-4 days in a city to get to know it. I also tend to prefer smaller cities and towns where you can get a better feel for culture and get out to scenic areas.

For one month of travel, I'd probably only choose 2 countries and try to see them well. Jumping from big city to big city to say you've 'done them' does not really mean you've experienced them. You won't really get a feel for a country if you're only spending 5 days in the capital city of each.

Why not focus on Spain and France - perhaps starting in Amsterdam or London and commuting in from there?

You can easily spend a month in Spain alone in my opinion (I have). Or, Spain and the Algarve of Portugal, beginning in Barcelona and ending in Lisbon?

I've spent at least: 2 weeks in Portugal, 10 days in France, 10 days in Holland, 6 weeks in Spain, 5 weeks in Italy and don't feel like that was enough for any of the countries.

If you focus your travels a bit more I can help you with an itinerary.

My Ride
    Hybrid

Default Re: Looking to travel as much europe as i can..

Originally posted by r0g3r
    Hey guys,

okay so i have the month of may to travel

I want to check out lots of places in europe:

london, paris, amsterdam, rome, barcelona, and others?

Anyway whats the best way and the cheapest way to go about this?

I've heard that once you're in europe you can fly really cheap; alternatively can take the train too. Have you guys done this?

Please share your experience and tips. Where did you start from? How did you plan it or book it?
    I did a 3 week trip last year which included the following destinations:
    London, Paris, Nice (day trip to Monte Carlo), Rome, Plitvice Lakes/Split/Dubrovnik, Amsterdam

It felt quite rushed, but we were able to see pretty much everything we wanted to see in each city... at the same time it was really only a small taste of each place, and we'll definitely want to go back and spend more time in a few countries.

To maximize your time, plan your transatlantic flights to fly in through one city and out through another, we went in through London, out through Amsterdam.

I'd suggest taking the train from London to Paris. It's really quick and connects to the subway on either end.

You can look for cheap flights at www.skyscanner.net ... If you're deciding between flying and train, one rule of thumb is take to the train if it's less than 5 hours.

Try www.agoda.com, www.booking.com, and www.hostelworld.com for hotels.

My Ride
    your mom

I did 4 months in europe, 19 countries.

There's lots to see. I'd take more time in cities to get more vibe. No less than 3-4 days in a city. Do your research before hand too to find out what you want to see. Eurail is good too, but you need to plan the shit out of it because they will cripple your schedule if you don't speak the local language, especially in Paris at Gare de Lyon and Rome's Termini station.

Are you there for history, culture, or partying? These are important considerations becuase they will heavily dictate your travel schedule. If you're going for history, and you're not going to the Louvre in Paris, you're doing it wrong. By the same token, if you're going to party and you're leaving Prague and Amsterdam off the list, don't bother.

So if you want some advice, give us some ideas of what's important for you to see and why do you want to go in the first place?

Originally posted by Arash
    Im not an idiot...

My Ride
    Lives in the left lane.

8 months in Europe and 23 countries, still not enough time to see what I wanted.

If you only have a month I would pick 1 or maybe 2 countries and really see them, not just show up at the tourist spots and take a photo to prove that you were there.

(not saying you're going to do that, but a lot of people do)
    DOES ANYONE NEED A GO-JUICE?

My Ride
    Lives in the left lane.

Also I just re-read the OP and any advice is probably meaningless at this point, since May is almost over.

My Ride
    your mom

Originally posted by adamc
    Also I just re-read the OP and any advice is probably meaningless at this point, since May is almost over.
    Fuck it, we'll give him our advice. And he'll like it.

Im not an idiot...

My Ride
    Lives in the left lane.

Spanish women

Serbian women

Croatian women

Danish women

Czech women

Hungarian women

French women

Portuguese women

Italian women

German women

Dutch women

Greek women

British women

There's my advice.

My Ride
    your mom

All the good looking women in Europe

All the mingers

There's dimes everywhere. I found that Sweden, Hungary, and Serbia had top talent. But lets face it, they're everywhere. There's way less fat chicks in Europe, so that increases the percentage of dimes per capita.

Im not an idiot...

My Ride
    Boeing, Airbus

I love the summary! On my way to Sweden now. Hopefully there is some talent!