Quantcast
Six Flags Chicago IL - Flash Pass - Beyond.ca - Car Forums

Thread: Six Flags Chicago IL - Flash Pass

Default Six Flags Chicago IL - Flash Pass

Hey guys,

A group of us are planning to go down to Chicago in mid August and was looking for some things to do. The girls wanted to do Six Flags and while browsing the site we saw their promo for a Flash Pass. Has anyone bought these before and are they worth it? Any input in regards to past experiences at this particular Six Flags would be great as well.

From the site;
    Pack in all the thrills and excitement you can with THE FLASH Pass. Six Flags virtual ride reservation system holds your place in line electronically, so you can spend more time having fun and less time waiting for our most popular attractions. When it's almost time for your turn, an alert notifies you to proceed to the ride. It's that simple. More rides, less wait!

Regular - $75.00
    Wait as long as everyone else is waiting, but not in line-you can enjoy your free time elsewhere in the park.

Gold - $110.00
    Enjoy a significant reduction in wait time allowing you to ride more rides with less wait.

Platinum - $170.00
    Enjoy riding our rides with a 90% reduction in wait time! Consecutive Riding allows you to WAIT ONCE and RIDE TWICE.

Thanks!

My Ride
    1989 CRX

just got back from chicago a few weeks ago.

althought six flags wasnt open then, i would suggest buying fast track/passes everywhere you go. the lineups for all the big sites were crazy long, and its great to skip the line and save hours.

enjoy chicago, its a beautiful city.

My Ride
    Grimace

I would also suggest this. While I go to the Six Flags Over Texas, the lines can be nutty. Luckily last time I went it was deserted some how so I didn't wait in line for more than 5 mins per ride

My Ride
    02 Civic LX

I went to the six flags in LA at christmas and didn't bother with the fast pass. The lines for the big attractions were just stupid at times, but I refused to pay that much AFTER buying a entry ticket and paying for parking.

My Ride
    111R, FL5, DC2R, E61,W201, E36, GSW

We went with the platinum last time when I went to the one in Dallas, and it was completely worth it. The lines were over 3 hours long for anything decent and we never had to wait.

Thanks everybody for your input. It's insane how some of the more popular coasters have a 2-3 hour wait so I think these will be a great investment. Can't wait to go, Chicago is one of my favorite cities.

i have never been to six flags but when we went to universal studios in florida, my wife and i totally regretted not buying the express pass or whatever it was called. we'll make sure to always buy this feature even if it's ridiculously expensive.

enjoy!
    Originally posted by beyond_ban
    Are you looking for a happy ending?? If so, PM me...

My Ride
    B8.5 S4

I went to Six Flags Magic mountain this year.

I consider myself a ride guy, I love roller coasters. I've never had a problem going on them all day....

... until....

.... The Flash Pass

It turns out an important component to roller coaster recovery for a couple of us was waiting in line between rides.

Hopping on ride after ride with no lines (Magic Mountain has some absolutely insane coasters) just killed a couple of us. I was struggling to keep the puke down on a couple occasions.

That said, even with the Flash Pass there was one coaster we didn't make it too. There are so many in that park it's really hard to cover it all off and do your favorites a second time.

No clue if the Chicago Six Flags is anywhere as big, but that is my story for you. Hope it was cool bro.