Quantcast
Happy 10th Beyond, my 2nd gift - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Happy 10th Beyond, my 2nd gift

My Ride
    Lease

Default Happy 10th Beyond, my 2nd gift

For my 2nd present for Beyond’s 10th birthday, I’ve decided to do a scavenger hunt, since this is a car related site, I think it’s appropriate that a contest that requires participates to drive around.

In order to pull this off, I was able to enlist a crew of some chilling Beyond bad asses. Together, this is what this activity entails to, should you choose to partake.

This is called: Beyond’s 10 year anniversary scavenger hunt.

The contest:
    - There are 10 custom printed Beyond logo Esso gas cards hidden throughout the city.
    - Between 5 great game marshals willing to volunteer, the city will be split into 5 sectors (2 cards hidden in each of the 5 sectors)
    - The 5 sectors are divided as such: Southeast, Southwest, Northeast, Northwest, Downtown (custom outline)
    - Each game marshal will make individual posts providing clues or activities you need to do in order to find the (2) Esso gas cards hidden within their sector.

Some rules the marshals follow:
    - The 5 game marshals are in full control of the sector they manage (how the game is written, the procedures, they’ll have final judgement regarding their sector)… I don’t even know where ANY of these cards are hidden, lol…
    - There are however, some basic common sense rules the marshals need to obey: Safety/Danger (it has to be reasonably safe, but as a disclaimer: just do NOT continue playing if you ever feel unsafe or your or anyone’s safety is at risk), that goes for common sense of course (i.e. they can’t hide the cards underneath an overpass on Deerfoot), Height of the hiding spots are at arm’s reach and they can’t bury the cards (they can put it on ground level and put something on top, but can’t start digging up shit), the gaming grounds are FREE access to the public and designed (“recommended”) to be play during business hours (so don’t expect breaking into a place middle of the night, and you won’t have to pay to go to the Zoo or something to check out a lead), Spots won’t discriminate based on sex, age, religion, gender. (i.e. can’t hide in a place of worship in the chicks bathroom)

Location boundaries:
    - The location boundaries the marshals are allowed.

- Downtown: 17 Avenue SW – 14 Street SW – Memorial Drive NE – 12 Street NE – 8 Street/Spiller Road SE – Macleod Trail SE.

- The 4 corner quadrants (subtract the downtown area): We’ll base it on the City of Calgary website www.calgary.ca type “Quadrant” in search, it’ll be the red/orange outlined area based on that.

The game marshals: (they'll each make an individual post on clues how you'd be able to find these cards, once they post them, then I’ll edit their links beside their names here)

Southeast = Shadowz (and his significant other)
    http://forums.beyond.ca/st/353309/be...nt-south-east/

Southwest = FraserB (currently busy, expect something around Wednesday May 2)
    http://forums.beyond.ca/st/353348/be...unt-southwest/

Northeast = BerserkerCatSplat
    http://forums.beyond.ca/st/353306/be...unt-northeast/

Northwest = Spikers
    http://forums.beyond.ca/st/353252/be...unt-northwest/

Downtown = D’z Nutz
    http://forums.beyond.ca/st/353257/be...hunt-downtown/

The prize:
    - Each of these Esso cards will be worth a load up of $100 (one hundred dollars)
    - You are allow to participant for all 10 cards (so potentially $1,000 worth of gas)
    - And FYI, the “B” logo is not some sticker or local print shop on a regular Esso card. It took me some time to get approval for this straight from Esso corporation (I didn’t design the card or blue “swirls” though, and the logo had to be black). So yea, these 10 cards are limited edition.

To claim prize:
    - Once you find one of these Esso cards, using your Beyond user account, post the exact location where you’ve found it (some pics showing the location and surroundings would be cool)
    - Then send me a PM of the activation code in the back of your card, then I’ll load you up with $100 bucks.
    - Simple as that.

So this is the best I can come up with, hope everyone who participants will be safe out there and have fun. Welcome to post your progress, I love being entertained, it’s like watching my own version of the amazing race unfold. Funnier if people start getting speeding tickets because of this… (NOT encouraging anyone to purposely get a violation ticket or break any laws though).

Once again, I’d like to thank the volunteering game marshals doing this for myself, as well as everyone participating in this game. (they’ve also sacrificed themselves not being able to play). Their time, their creativity, efforts in the actual planning, execution and placement of the cards are what made this all possible. Definitely a huge round of applaud to our game marshals.

Of course, thanks for everyone involved making this site possible… Rage2, Kenny, Admin, the mods, other sponsors, the mixture of members having difference in opinions.

Disclaimer:
    - For simplicity purpose within this contest and disclaimer, the separate independent entities of: Tom Co Paintless Dent Repair Ltd. / TomcoPDR, Beyond.ca/Beyond and Beyond owner(s), Beyond administrator(s), Beyond moderator(s), related parties to Beyond, the Game Marshal(s) listed above, will hereafter referred to as “The Host(s)”. Plural and singular terms interchangeable.
    - For simplicity purpose within this contest and disclaimer, the term “The participant(s)” will be a Beyond member(s) with good account standing, who chooses under freewill to enjoy this contest. Plural and singular terms interchangeable.
    - No purchase necessary
    - The participant(s) take full responsibility of their own actions in regards to being in this contest, By voluntarily being involved in this contest, The participant(s) releases The Host(s) any liability whatsoever, including but not limited to: Any death(s), injuries, personal and/or property damages, public mischief charges, any civil and/or criminal violations/charges.
    - The participant(s) fully understand and accept responsibility and liability by playing/entering in this contest, that there’ll always be an element of risk with scavenger hunts. By voluntarily playing in this contest, The participant(s) acknowledges the 5 game marshal(s) and TomcoPDR have taken reasonable good faith efforts ensuring the designs in the contest are relatively safe if combined with normal human being common sense; though it is not idiot and moron proof. Furthermore, the terms idiot and moron are open interpretation that cannot be defined in words, in regards within this contest.
    - The Host(s) may change, modify, cancel this contest without notice and/or compensation to The participant(s)
    - This contest and The Host(s) are not affiliated to or with Esso corporation whatsoever. Esso gift cards are being used because TomcoPDR loves Esso everywhere he goes working across Canada, because Esso is fucking cool, that and Kellogg’s frosted flakes, brings out the tiger in you.
    - This contest has neither been approved nor disapproved by Esso corporation, and may be subject to their opinions. (could be change, modify, cancel without notice or compensation)
    - The winning participant(s) of the any and/or all of the 10 Esso gift cards, accepts all liabilities and responsibilities by using services and/or products by the vendor (Esso corporation), releases The Host(s) from any issues caused by the vendor (Esso corporation)

My Ride
    Bicycle

This is pretty sweet!

My Ride
    LX 5.0

great idea!

SWEET IDEA!

My Ride
    Acura RSX Premium

awesome

thanks for putting in this effort, i'll definitely be participating

My Ride
    teslo murdel free

NICE!

My Ride
    GTI

Pretty cool man!

My Ride
    03 Mdx, 05 Gli

Tomco, you're awesome!

Awesome
    Its not only about money. Its about freedom, friends and family too.

My Ride
    Silverado

good on ya tomco.
    oh and happy birthday beyond!

My Ride
    Fit Dugan Signature (2016)

Oh Tomco, you've pulled the dents from my bitter old heart...
    Originally posted by SJW
    Once again another useless post by JRSCOOLDUDE.
    Originally posted by snowcat
    Don't let the e-thugs and faggots get to you when they quote your posts and write stupid shit.
    Originally posted by JRSC00LUDE
    I say stupid shit all the time.
    ^^ Fact Checked

EM1FTW is offline I'm a fag because only fags love Hondas
    My Ride
    EM1 yo!

sick!
    Originally posted by ZorroAMG

Kinda like this morning when I wanted to tell my GF to pass the sugar and it came out "You fucking bitch, you've ruined my life."

My Ride
    2012 300C SRT8 /2015 F150 Platinum

Happy Birthday
    2014 Jeep SRT, 2015 F150 Platinum , 2013 Keystone Laredo 291TG

[Do][---+---][oD]

My Ride
    Depends on the day

Sweet idea!! I just want to find the card, keep or you can donate the $100

My Ride
    Spec V SE-R

SICKEST IDEA!! Right there

My Ride
    A vehicle or two

Very cool.

Though I do find it ironic people will be driving around, using up gas in an effort to get free gas....

Wicked!
    2011 Mercedes C63 AMG //2009 Mercedes C350 SOLD //2008 BMW 335i SOLD //2006 Mercedes C Sold// 2002 BMW M3 SOLD// 2004 Porsche C4S SOLD// 2006 Audi S4 SOLD// 2005 Audi 1.8T SS SOLD// 2004 Subaru STi SOLD// 1994 LHD Toyota Supra SOLD//1993 LHD Mazda RX-7 SOLD // 2002 Honda S2000 SC SOLD// 2004 Range Rover SOLD//

My Ride
    Jeep of Theseus

I sure hope you guys like puzzles, cuz it's gonna be good! The NORTHEAST hunt will begin this evening!

My Ride
    (maah raahde)

Bwahah I'm totally looking forward to yours

My Ride
    '21 F150 PowerBoost

Originally posted by BerserkerCatSplat
    I sure hope you guys like puzzles, cuz it's gonna be good! The NORTHEAST hunt will begin this evening!

Originally posted by D'z Nutz
    Bwahah I'm totally looking forward to yours
    Knowing splat, it should be a gooder.

The first part of my scavenger hunt, all I was thinking was I hope it's as good as his. LOL
    Boosted life tip #329
    Girlfriends cost money
    Turbos cost money
    Both make whining noises
    Make the smart choice.

Originally posted by Mibz
    Always a fucking awful experience seeing spikers. Extra awful when he laps me.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast