Quantcast
mang i hate drywall screws! - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: mang i hate drywall screws!

Default mang i hate drywall screws!

so i had bookcase come in that needs to be screwed to the wall and it came with a couple drywall scerws. faaaaack right?

well i got 1 in and about 3mm before it was flush with the wall the inside of the plastic drywall screw started stripping.

then the next one i used, the tip just sheared off for no reason, but i tried pushing the tip thru to the inside of the wall and then screwing the remainder in, but all that did was create a massive hole in the drywall.

so now what, i think i need proffesional helps?

My Ride
    12' Civic, 88' Prelude, 02' F350

Those are not called drywall screws. They are called drywall anchors. You should purchase some metal drywall anchors and screw into those, they are way stronger than their plastic counterparts.

They look like this:

aww damn, shit just got all hard up in here. so how do i prevent the anchors from just busting the drywall apart and making a "gape" in the drywall?

My Ride
    03 Mdx, 05 Gli

Originally posted by dangleberries
    aww damn, shit just got all hard up in here. so how do i prevent the anchors from just busting the drywall apart and making a "gape" in the drywall?

Don't use those shit plastic anchors... buy some decent ones like pictured or self toggle anchors... they hold about 80lbs or so.

http://www.lowes.com/pd_68734-2191-2...3D8&facetInfo=

Default Re: mang i hate drywall screws!

so i had bookcase come in that needs to be screwed to the wall and it came with a couple drywall scerws. faaaaack right?

well i got 1 in and about 3mm before it was flush with the wall the inside of the plastic drywall screw started stripping.

then the next one i used, the tip just sheared off for no reason, but i tried pushing the tip thru to the inside of the wall and then screwing the remainder in, but all that did was create a massive hole in the drywall.

so now what, i think i need proffesional helps?
    Last edited by Seth1968; 05-03-2012 at 01:21 AM.

My Ride
    '14 Audi S5 /'09 Forester XT

The plastic screw type anchors work great if you drill a small pilot hole first. I find that the drwall is fairly tough compared to those anchors and I would have them bind, or sheer the head right off when trying to put them in without first drilling a hole. Now I mark the anchor locations, find drill bit that is the same size as the anchor shaft and then screw in the anchor. Takes a whole extra 2 min, and the result is the paper on the drywall not scrunching up or snapping the anchor.

To fix your problem, you might actually have to patch the hole if it's too big now. Can you upsize the anchor so it still works without having to patch, paint and then re-install?

I only use spring toggles. Everything else is crap.

My Ride
    The SHBARUS

Sounds like you hit a stud.

My Ride
    Nothing Good.

Default I only use spring toggles. Everything else is crap.

+1
    A Ferrari is a high maintenance chick, you spend money regardless of what you do with her. You can baby the C63, or slap on all seasons, and you won't be spending anything but yearly maintenance. Of course that's like dating a stripper and refusing to fuck her, which would make you gay.

Originally posted by Rage2

My Ride
    Vettel's #1

http://www.toggler.com/products/snaptoggle/overview.php

I just hung a pot rack from the drywall on my ceiling with 2 of these, then proceeded to put all of my pots on it, and then hang my full weight on it.

FUCK YEAH!!!!
    Vettel's #1

Originally posted by sputnik
    I only use spring toggles. Everything else is crap.

YEAYEAHHHH NIGGAAAA

spring toggled the bitch up yesterday and shit be tight now!!! filled the gape up perfectly..and if i need to fuck wid the drywall in the future this is what ill do from the start. thanks b!

YYC & a huge farm in the (deep) south, central Sask
    My Ride
    12 cars trucks & bikes. From 1938 till new.

^ Im quite surprised you didn't hire somebody to do that for you. Too rich & useless to work on your POS prelude, and justifiably too rich to do your own drywall work as well I'd assume.
    "The music business is a cruel and shallow money trench, a long plastic hallway where thieves and pimps run free, and good men die like dogs. There's also a negative side"

Originally posted by Graham_A_M
    ^ Im quite surprised you didn't hire somebody to do that for you. Too rich & useless to work on your POS prelude, and justifiably too rich to do your own drywall work as well I'd assume.
    did you just come here to troll or to hate? cuz me n my b sputnik got the shit lock down already. too late for you to troll. ps. preludes are the tits. i know their's better cars out their but i love mine, sorry hater.

My Ride
    2010 frontier pro-4x

Plastic anchors are meant for fastening to concrete, like mentioned toggle bolts are the best for drywall. EZ anchors (metal spirals) work fairly good and are rated 50lbs each as well.

My Ride
    2022 X2M

YEAYEAHHHH NIGGAAAA

spring toggled the bitch up yesterday and shit be tight now!!! filled the gape up perfectly..and if i need to fuck wid the drywall in the future this is what ill do from the start. thanks b!
    E .· ` ' / ·. F
    Your tears fuel me

YYC & a huge farm in the (deep) south, central Sask
    My Ride
    12 cars trucks & bikes. From 1938 till new.

^ Word thats exactly what comes to mind when visualizing this class-act.
    did you just come here to troll or to hate? cuz me n my b sputnik got the shit lock down already. too late for you to troll. ps. preludes are the tits. i know their's better cars out their but i love mine, sorry hater.
    "Better cars" would be the understatement of the decade. Either way enjoy your obsolete torque-less POS, you know.... the one you're too much of a pussy of to actually work on yourself. regardless of how easy they are to work on.
    I love your troll accusations coming from a noob goof like somebody around here, I adore that logic Any other brilliant conclusions or is that it for today? Send me a PM when you finish your book on Theoretical Quantum Physics.
    Last edited by Graham_A_M; 05-07-2012 at 11:34 PM.
    "The music business is a cruel and shallow money trench, a long plastic hallway where thieves and pimps run free, and good men die like dogs. There's also a negative side"

I have yet to see one contributing post from Mr Wigga over there. Nothing but verbal diarrhea.

Originally posted by Graham_A_M
    ^ Word thats exactly what comes to mind when visualizing this class-act.

"Better cars" would be the understatement of the decade. Either way enjoy your obsolete torque-less POS, you know.... the one you're too much of a pussy of to actually work on yourself. regardless of how easy they are to work on.
    I love your troll accusations coming from a noob goof like somebody around here, I adore that logic Any other brilliant conclusions or is that it for today? Send me a PM when you finish your book on Theoretical Quantum Physics.
    yea i do enjoy my car, thats why i came here to this forum. sorry ure so high and mitey and know more about cars than me and drive better cars. must be great.

c dave i dont know u and i never said a bad word about you. but sorry that i offernded u b. i aint steppin

My Ride
    Fit Dugan Signature (2016)

Graham, watch the lude talk son. Don't make me come over there.

Dinglenuts, why don't you start communicating like an intelligent and useful person. Otherwise, what's the point of being here? No one thinks your choice of language form is "cool", you're not being "the man", there are no marginalized 14 year old girls here to impress (although I have a suspicion that a few members may impersonate them on other forums) so if you're not just being a trolling asshat, don't act like one. Problem solved.

EDIT - After seeing your wonderful contribution in spoons thread, I can see your current stay here is going to be an arduous one for us all.....
    Last edited by JRSC00LUDE; 05-08-2012 at 12:47 PM.
    Originally posted by SJW
    Once again another useless post by JRSCOOLDUDE.
    Originally posted by snowcat
    Don't let the e-thugs and faggots get to you when they quote your posts and write stupid shit.
    Originally posted by JRSC00LUDE
    I say stupid shit all the time.
    ^^ Fact Checked

My Ride
    2022 X2M

^^^^
    Amen
    E .· ` ' / ·. F
    Your tears fuel me

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast