Quantcast
Galaxy S3 - Page 25 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 25 of 38 FirstFirst ... 15 24 25 26 35 ... LastLast

Thread: Galaxy S3

okay, so now i just purchased a new s3, 2nd attempt at android... whats some must haves in terms of apps?

i've heard that the default keyboard sucks.

My Ride

My favorite keyboard is the HTC_IME. Another awesome app is extended controls widgets. Makes tuning silent, gps, bluetooth, flashlight very handy.

SwiftKey is the keyboard I use.... way better than the stock keyboard on the S3.

My Ride
    06 WRX

swype beta is my preferred keyboard. Much easier in portrait mode, and much quicker than actually keying things in. Recognition gets pretty good with time.

In terms of other apps unified remote, utorrent remote, XBMC remote, ES file explorer, bacon reader (reddit), chive, Dolphin Browser, Podkicker Pro, Chrome to Phone, and whatsapp are all used pretty much daily. Coming from a BB, the app availability is fantastic.

My Ride
    Beyond Fit Golf R and Berta RAM 1500

I use SwiftKey as well. Haven t tried the others but Swiftkey is for sure better than the stock.

I just received my Speck CandyShell case from Ebay
    http://www.speckproducts.com/candysh...galaxy-s3.html

+1 for this case. Looks clean, good protection and fitment. I got it for under $20 so keep an eye out for them on ebay

My Ride
    STi

Originally posted by tenth
    swype beta is my preferred keyboard. Much easier in portrait mode, and much quicker than actually keying things in. Recognition gets pretty good with time.

In terms of other apps unified remote, utorrent remote, XBMC remote, ES file explorer, bacon reader (reddit), chive, Dolphin Browser, Podkicker Pro, Chrome to Phone, and whatsapp are all used pretty much daily. Coming from a BB, the app availability is fantastic.
    +1 for swype.

Originally posted by Redlined_8000
    I use SwiftKey as well. Haven t tried the others but Swiftkey is for sure better than the stock.

I just received my Speck CandyShell case from Ebay
    http://www.speckproducts.com/candysh...galaxy-s3.html

+1 for this case. Looks clean, good protection and fitment. I got it for under $20 so keep an eye out for them on ebay
    does the seller u got it from have any more?
    under $20 is a good deal

My Ride

Originally posted by EK69

does the seller u got it from have any more?
    under $20 is a good deal
    Looks like hes all out.

This is the seller however.

http://myworld.ebay.com/leap2012sfc2...p2047675.l2559

My Ride
    STi

What do you guys use to transfer music to your phone? I usually use the winamp app so I can transfer my itunes playlist, but winamp won't transfer .FLAC files.

I tried just clicking and dragging these files onto the phone file, which worked. Only problem is, I can't edit the artists and it just shows up as "unknown artist." Any of you guys using an app that lets you edit and transfer .flac audio files?

My Ride
    A big red Taco, '99 4Runner

I use Poweramp on the phone to play .flac files. To rip them, I use dbPowerAmp, which is a paid for program, cost around $30. It allows you to create, edit, or change ID3 tags, which are then read by Poweramp on my phone, for easy display. I then drag-and-drop onto the SD card on my phone, and thats it. I don't use iTunes, haven't for a while. I have an old 3GS which I use as an iPod in my truck, but that's all I use it for.

Drag and drop......

One of the arguments android uses over iPhone. Why you guys using 3rd party software?

I switched from a 4s to s3. Phone out of the box was ok. Not as fluid as iPhone ......rooted and flashed to kyanrom.

Way smoother. No bloat ware. Battery life is better.keyboard no longer lags. No random lags

With LTE on all day has better battery life than my 4s. Pretty similar though.

My Ride
    A car... beep! beep!

Originally posted by jsn
    What do you guys use to transfer music to your phone? I usually use the winamp app so I can transfer my itunes playlist, but winamp won't transfer .FLAC files.

I tried just clicking and dragging these files onto the phone file, which worked. Only problem is, I can't edit the artists and it just shows up as "unknown artist." Any of you guys using an app that lets you edit and transfer .flac audio files?
    Windows media player works great to sync to your phone, unless you want to drag and drop. Many other ways too.

Not sure about flac files.

My Ride
    06 S2000

Originally posted by jsn

I use doubletwist airsync. It syncs my itunes library with my phone over wifi.

I use poweramp to play my music.
    Quote Originally Posted by heavyfuel View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    That's why I just say I have a 4" dick and lift weights to make up for it.
    Quote Originally Posted by 89coupe View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    My car sounds like shit.

My Ride
    STi

Do any of those let you edit song information? Doubletwist player doesn't let you edit.

Click and drag works, but the songs i transferred doesn't have artist information and it won't let me edit it.

EDIT: Thanks for the recommendation. Poweramp works great and you can edit song information in the app. Even though you have to pay for it, it's easily the best music app I've tried on android so far. Alot of customizable options too. I really like how you can add player controls on the lock screen.
    Last edited by jsn; 10-27-2012 at 10:53 PM.

anyone else have/know any good kernels or roms?

Originally posted by Redlined_8000

Looks like hes all out.

This is the seller however.

http://myworld.ebay.com/leap2012sfc2...p2047675.l2559
    did you have to PM him in order to get him to ship in canada? i picked the case up locally but it was 40... if i can get the one i want online for half the price.. why not

My Ride

Originally posted by K3RMiTdot

did you have to PM him in order to get him to ship in canada? i picked the case up locally but it was 40... if i can get the one i want online for half the price.. why not
    Nope I didn't do anything just bought it.... Shipping was 3bucks and the case was $12....

My Ride
    LHD CYM R1 FD3S

So i got my Ebay batteries an they suck! Before some of the people who pre-warned me start yelling " I told ya so!!" I got a good wall-charger out of it, so i didn't completely get ripped off. lol

2900maH my ass, won't fully charge.. Barely fits into OEM slot. Need a flathead screwdriver to pull it back out.

#1 Battery: Never fully charges.. Stops at 83%, when unplugged, it goes up to 91%(Yes, GOES UP!)... Then falls back down to ~80% in 10 mins. Drains the rest in about 9-10hrs of mostly standby. (Wifi on)

#2: Charges to 99%, falls a percent every 40secs-1mins until completely drained.. Toast in under 2hrs. (Although i had wifi turned on, but still...)

#3: Almost same condition as battery #1

Time to buy just one OEM battery as i think that would be enough.

Originally posted by GQBalla
    anyone else have/know any good kernels or roms?
    How stable is that rom? I read abt some custom roms being unstable or missing features etc (apparently the stock camera app is better than some custom rom camera I read somewhere..)

I ran CyanogenMod 10 and it was pretty good but had a few little glitches still since it's not an official release yet. It's based on Jellybean though so it has some nice improvements. I ended p going back to stock but look forward to the jellybean update whihc should be soon.

Page 25 of 38 FirstFirst ... 15 24 25 26 35 ... LastLast