Quantcast
Galaxy S3 - Page 2 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 2 of 38 FirstFirst 1 2 3 12 ... LastLast

Thread: Galaxy S3

My Ride
    Bicycle

Originally posted by ZEDGE
    The AWS versions will be Exynos Quad. (Wind, Mobilicity etc)
    Really? That article make it sounds like everyone is getting S4, regardless of carriers.

My Ride
    Grimace

Originally posted by Xtrema

Really? That article make it sounds like everyone is getting S4, regardless of carriers.
    Says it is the same here:

So here’s the deal: the two handsets will have identical 1.5Ghz dual-core Qualcomm Snapdragon S4 chips, but the Rogers/Bell/TELUS/Virgin version will be LTE-capable whereas the Wind/Videotron/Mobilicity version will have that portion of the baseband disabled (it will be compatible up to 42Mbps over DC-HSPA+). Both variations will come with 2GB RAM and 16GB of internal storage, but the LTE models will have the option (presumably at a later date) of a 32GB model. Yes, you read that right: 2GB RAM! Hit the break for the full specs
    Now I don't feel so bad having my SGS2, still running very well especially now on ICS. I think I can hold out until SGS4

My Ride
    2013 Genesis Coupe

I will be picking up one of these on June 20th.

Smashed my Galaxy S in a drunken rage and have been using a Nokia E71 for like 4 months. You really don't know what you have until it's gone lol.

Hopefully it's less then $800 without contract.

My Ride
    Sentra

So...will the AWS version be compatible with ROBELLUS, is it quad band?? I could care less for LTE, since there's fuck all for coverage so far.

Originally posted by GoChris
    So...will the AWS version be compatible with ROBELLUS, is it quad band?? I could care less for LTE, since there's fuck all for coverage so far.
    wikipedia has a comparison table up
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Samsung_Galaxy_S_III

My Ride
    A car... beep! beep!

Originally posted by schocker

Says it is the same here:

Now I don't feel so bad having my SGS2, still running very well especially now on ICS. I think I can hold out until SGS4
    My bad. Read that wrong. S4 is much better than dual core exynos though. Not to mention the HD screen. Cant go back to my gs2 after picking up a nexus. That low rez..ewww. 2 gb ram too!

My Ride
    Sentra

Originally posted by bulaian

wikipedia has a comparison table up
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Samsung_Galaxy_S_III
    Thanks. Looks like depending on price I'll probably pickup the international version perhaps. I'm going to see how those two GPUs compare first though. I want to make sure I have one that will have good rom support.

My Ride
    GMC Acadia

Can't wait til the US carriers get their dicks out of their hands and announce when they'll carry this. I'm due for an upgrade, I was waiting for the Razr HD but I'm glad that was delayed so I can get this hopefully in late June like y'all.

Here's an in-depth review. Looks like a great phone:
    http://www.techradar.com/reviews/pho...1078667/review
    Originally posted by VIZSLA
    Seems that running qualifying in three heats worked so well we're now running the race in three parts too.
    1, On the track
    2, In the steward's box
    3, In Paris

My Ride
    Vettel's #1

Is it just me, or is that phone huge?
    Vettel's #1

My Ride
    Sentra

Originally posted by CapnCrunch
    Is it just me, or is that phone huge?
    It's not that big, I compared it to my SGS and it's only slightly taller, and given the big difference in screen size they've done a good job not making it huge.

My Ride
    01 integra Se

As mostly an IOS user, this could be the device that switches me over to an Android.

Got to play around with this phone a few days ago and I could only say damn impressive.

My Ride
    A car... beep! beep!

What's amazing is that Samsung convinced all the carriers to carry the same version. This is huge especially in the US where the gs1 and gs2 were basterdized for each carrier with different sizes, screens, etc. Not to mention the stupid names. This has has made updates a nightmare. Its the Galaxy S 3 period. This is awesome for everyone, especially the modding community. Also good for accessories, docks, cases, and the like.

Good article on it.

http://www.androidpolice.com/2012/06...e-understated/
    Last edited by ZEDGE; 06-05-2012 at 09:33 PM.

My Ride
    Sentra

Ya, Samsung finally has enough weight to throw around and not have to give into carrier demands. The more reviews I read the more I'm on the fence about what version to get. Initially I didn't want the Canadian version I wanted the international. A gpu vs single threaded performance trade off is really what it comes down to.

My Ride
    A car... beep! beep!

Some initial impressions and benchmarks here:

http://mobilesyrup.com/2012/06/04/sa...n-impressions/

Last edited by ZEDGE; 06-05-2012 at 10:31 PM.

My Ride
    a couple S/C'd V8's

Sigh, I'll have to wait until after the release to upgrade my 8yr old cell phone

I want the 32gb version but dont want Telus's "promo plan" I want to keep my old plan and add a couple items to make it qualify for the $50 minimum.....

My Ride
    A car... beep! beep!

http://mobilesyrup.com/2012/06/11/ga...dous-response/

The Samsung Galaxy S III has been on sale in other countries for a couple weeks now and will officially land on Canadian soil on June 20th. It’s widely known that Samsung has had pre-orders top 9 million and the following carriers have already committed to release the 16GB and 32GB Galaxy S III: TELUS, Bell, Rogers, WIND, SaskTel, Mobilicity, Virgin, and Videotron. When the official release date of June 20th was announced both Future Shop and Best Buy announced they too will have the GS III available. Both retailers communicated that those interested in scoring it thought them could pre-order by dropping down $50 (see links here), in return would received a $20 Gift Card. Well, it seems that the pre-orders are going incredibly well. Both Future Shop and Best Buy have stopped taking online and in-store pre-orders, plus have have removed the device from their respected websites… now only indicating that it’s “coming soon.”

Future Shop confirmed this news and stated in an email to us that “Canadians clearly want their hands on the Samsung Galaxy S III – response to Future Shop’s preorders have been tremendous since day one. We recently ended preorders for this device to allow time to organize accurate shipments to our stores.”

The good news is that the carriers are still rocking pre-orders: TELUS, Bell, Virgin, Rogers… SaskTel, WIND, Mobilicity and Videotron have yet to reveal their pricing.

9 days away…

Originally posted by DGill

Go to any Rogers Plus, they sell their used phones which are like new at 50% off so you can get a nexus for around 300 from the store if they have a used one in stock, some employees may say no they are not 50% off but tell them to scan the used phone in the till and it will automatically come up as 50% off if they use the used sku.
    Would this be the cheapest way to get an S2 or Nexus? Also would that be without a contract from Rogers?

My Ride
    oooo

Hopefully the bluetooth actually works on this, I love my S2 but the bluetooth is absolutely terrible.
    2017 VW Jetta 1.4T (winter car)
    2010 F-350 Nortruck Tool Shed
    2007 BMW 5 (Wifey's)
    2004 Audi A4 1.8T 6spd Stage III w/ Meth
    1985 F-250 6.9L IDI w/ATS turbo

Anyone know if it will be possible to buy the S3 unlocked on launch date? If so, where can I purchase one?

TIA

My Ride
    Fit Dugan Signature (2016)

Originally posted by BMW Power
    Anyone know if it will be possible to buy the S3 unlocked on launch date? If so, where can I purchase one?
    This.

Is it carrier locked or wide open like a Nexus? I'm in bad need of a new phone. If I can buy this one unlocked I'll wait, otherwise Nexus it is I guess.
    Originally posted by SJW
    Once again another useless post by JRSCOOLDUDE.
    Originally posted by snowcat
    Don't let the e-thugs and faggots get to you when they quote your posts and write stupid shit.
    Originally posted by JRSC00LUDE
    I say stupid shit all the time.
    ^^ Fact Checked

Page 2 of 38 FirstFirst 1 2 3 12 ... LastLast