Quantcast
Galaxy S3 - Page 22 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 22 of 38 FirstFirst ... 12 21 22 23 32 ... LastLast

Thread: Galaxy S3

My Ride
    Fit Dugan Signature (2016)

Originally posted by secol
    looks like it doesn't stick out at the front so if you have your s3 facedown the screen will be touching?
    It sticks out at the back a bit to protect the camera lens, that's what I wanted. I have a cheaper one that looks just like the Seidio and I hated it, it makes the phone too thick and I didn't like the way it fit in my pocket. This one is awesom but, I never put my phone screen side down.
    Originally posted by SJW
    Once again another useless post by JRSCOOLDUDE.
    Originally posted by snowcat
    Don't let the e-thugs and faggots get to you when they quote your posts and write stupid shit.
    Originally posted by JRSC00LUDE
    I say stupid shit all the time.
    ^^ Fact Checked

I'm pretty new to the android game, bought a sg3 that came rooted, has odin, I can't seem to figure out how to update the firmware. I keep getting prompted to update and would like to do this so that the message will go away. Can anyone help me please?

TIA.

My Ride
    lots

Orderd this Monday, got it today. Best case I've found so far, great purchase for anyone looking!
    Not SG3 related. But I have this case for my iPhone and love it. You will not be disappointed.
    CHEVROLET= Cheap, Hardly Efficient, Virtually Runs On Luck Every Time.

My Ride
    Has 5 wheels.

Originally posted by l/l/rX
    I'm pretty new to the android game, bought a sg3 that came rooted, has odin, I can't seem to figure out how to update the firmware. I keep getting prompted to update and would like to do this so that the message will go away. Can anyone help me please?

TIA.
    You have to unroot the phone. Unroot s3

Download the stock roms stock roms

I had to do this a couple weeks ago. Super easy. Gonna wait until jelly bean before i root again.

My Ride
    10 WRX

Liking my Galaxy S3 so far. The battery life is kind of shitty though. I have a feeling it's cause of LTE. I've been using juicedefender and it's slightly better... Should I just turn off my LTE all together?

My Ride
    Sentra

LTE uses waaaay more battery than HSPA from everything I've read. Can't speak from experience though.

Anyone know if we'll ever get the gt-i9305 (quad core, lte and 2gb ram) version in Canada? I'm still using my 2 year old HTC Nexus One and trying to hold out as long as I can for the new GS3.

Originally posted by Dehvee
    Liking my Galaxy S3 so far. The battery life is kind of shitty though. I have a feeling it's cause of LTE. I've been using juicedefender and it's slightly better... Should I just turn off my LTE all together?
    On my iPhone 4s I drop down to edge/GPRS when I'm not doing anything data intense. U could do the same and drop down to 3G or edge even to save battery life when it's just sitting around doing nothing. With widgets it's quick and ez enough to switch back and forth. For push email/notifications edge works as well so it's not a must to have lte on all the time

My Ride
    Has 5 wheels.

Originally posted by Dehvee
    What do you deem as shitty battery? I leave mine on LTE and with heavy usage i still get about 9 hours. moderate I get around 16.

When I was using juice defender, i could easily get 24 hours.

My Ride
    Ford F150

It's a samsung android phone. If you get more than 5 hours of screen on time with heavy use, be happy. lol
    I can eat more hot wings than you.

My Ride
    06 WRX

For those running non-Touchwiz roms, I seem to have lost my voicemail notification running CM10 and AOKP. Is that normal? I've got voicemail setup under Phone Settings (just as my phone number), but I no longer get a new voicemail notification when one is left. Is there a trick to that or do I really need to check every time I have a missed call? Running the Telus version if it matters at all.

Originally posted by tenth
    For those running non-Touchwiz roms, I seem to have lost my voicemail notification running CM10 and AOKP. Is that normal? I've got voicemail setup under Phone Settings (just as my phone number), but I no longer get a new voicemail notification when one is left. Is there a trick to that or do I really need to check every time I have a missed call? Running the Telus version if it matters at all.
    Hey I'm not sure what it is for Telus but that number should probably be the voice mail access number that you can get from your carrier, not your phone number. On Rogers it's a entirely different number than my own... perhaps that's your issue.

Originally posted by wintonyk

You have to unroot the phone. Unroot s3

Download the stock roms stock roms

I had to do this a couple weeks ago. Super easy. Gonna wait until jelly bean before i root again.
    thank you sir!!!

My Ride
    06 WRX

Originally posted by jonsey737

Hey I'm not sure what it is for Telus but that number should probably be the voice mail access number that you can get from your carrier, not your phone number. On Rogers it's a entirely different number than my own... perhaps that's your issue.
    Apparently it was my modem being out of date. Have been on US based roms since before the last OTA update, so never did upgrade. Just installed the latest Canadian modem, and low and behold my test voicemail pops up a notification. Sweet!
    http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1831898

My Ride
    A big red Taco, '99 4Runner

I've been kicking around recently, the idea of upgrading from my SGS II to the SGS III. Worth it? I'd have to pay off the subsidy on my II first, but just wondering what the popular opinion would be.

Originally posted by tenth

Apparently it was my modem being out of date. Have been on US based roms since before the last OTA update, so never did upgrade. Just installed the latest Canadian modem, and low and behold my test voicemail pops up a notification. Sweet!
    http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1831898
    Good to know.... I'm planning on putting a different ROM on soon so I'll have to make sure I've got the right modem version.

My Ride
    Silverado, G37x

Originally posted by jsn
    Haven't found a better one. It drives me insane how glitchy it is. Keeps on popping up saying I have unread email. I'll read it, and then it'll automatically load some older email in my archive and mark it as unread, making a new message pop up. Slowly regretting the switch from my iphone.
    Had the same issues with the native email app. Try Touchdown. I love it. Unfortunately it's $20, but worth it

My Ride
    Fit Dugan Signature (2016)

Originally posted by btimbit

Had the same issues with the native email app.
    I don't know if it's a coincidence or what but I didn't have this problem at all, as posted before, but now I do. The only change I've made is adding Chrome but I fail to see how that could correlate in any way.
    Originally posted by SJW
    Once again another useless post by JRSCOOLDUDE.
    Originally posted by snowcat
    Don't let the e-thugs and faggots get to you when they quote your posts and write stupid shit.
    I say stupid shit all the time.
    ^^ Fact Checked

My Ride
    STi

Originally posted by btimbit

Had the same issues with the native email app. Try Touchdown. I love it. Unfortunately it's $20, but worth it
    Tried the trial. Doesn't work with hotmail or gmail. Good thing I tried the trial first.

My Ride
    '16 FoRS, '09 UZN215, '90 Z32, '15 Grom

I had this e-mail problem as well when I got my S3.

My solution:
    - I cleaned out my e-mail inbox and put my e-mails into subfolders I created, whether it's "Old E-mails", etc. So since my phone is synced to "x" account, it doesn't see any messages in the inbox that it wants to sync.

No problems anymore since my phone is actually sync'd to my inbox, without 100s of old emails appearing.

Page 22 of 38 FirstFirst ... 12 21 22 23 32 ... LastLast