Quantcast
Subaru BRZ vs Ford Mustang - Beyond.ca - Car Forums

Thread: Subaru BRZ vs Ford Mustang

Default Subaru BRZ vs Ford Mustang

Subaru BRZ vs Ford Mustang

Angus MacKenzie pits the 2013 Subaru BRZ against its American rival - the 2013 Ford Mustang V6. After carving up canyon roads in both cars, Angus hands the keys over to pro race driver Randy Pobst for limit testing and hot laps around Streets of Willow racetrack. Find out which front engine, rear-wheel drive coupe reigns supreme!

My Ride
    Silverado

Last edited by 01RedDX; 10-13-2020 at 05:18 AM.

My Ride
    I like. :)

Holy hell the BRZ is so damned generic, it looks like another Nissan-Hyundai-Toyota-clone POS.

My Ride
    D40/ED9/R6

Originally posted by treg50
    Holy hell the BRZ is so damned generic, it looks like another Nissan-Hyundai-Toyota-clone POS.
    Their goal is to make sales, to appeal to as wide of a market as possible, they are restricted by emissions laws and government regulations. Despite these setbacks the good news is that you as a consumer have the power to modify this car or any generic car stamped out at factor into something that fits your personal definition of unique and exciting. It's up to you to buy a car with a base platform that you prefer whether it is FF FR, turbo, NA, whatever.
    Start with the best suited base and build off of it. The exciting thing about this car IMO is that it is an affordable base platform that appeals to a lot of car enthusiasts. Its FR layout and good balance and more aggressive looks are an exciting platform for a car lover to turn to the drawing board with and produce something they can enjoy fully.
    Last edited by Modelexis; 05-05-2012 at 07:46 PM.
    "Anarchism is not a romantic fable but the hardheaded realization, based on five thousand years of experience, that we cannot entrust the management of our lives to kings, priests, politicians, generals, and county commissioners."

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

So, BRZ with some minor improvements in power should be pretty unbeatable.
    Quote Originally Posted by killramos View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    You realize you are talking to the guy who made his own furniture out of salad bowls right?

My Ride
    Model 3 Performance

Originally posted by ExtraSlow
    So, BRZ with some minor improvements in power should be pretty unbeatable.
    1.5 seconds a lap slower than the Mustang is a big difference and will take more than just minor improvements in power to overcome. For example it's close to the difference between a V6 Mustang and M3 around that track driven by Probst.

My Ride
    Stuff

Originally posted by Modelexis

Their goal is to make sales, to appeal to as wide of a market as possible, they are restricted by emissions laws and government regulations. Despite these setbacks the good news is that you as a consumer have the power to modify this car or any generic car stamped out at factor into something that fits your personal definition of unique and exciting. It's up to you to buy a car with a base platform that you prefer whether it is FF FR, turbo, NA, whatever.
    Start with the best suited base and build off of it. The exciting thing about this car IMO is that it is an affordable base platform that appeals to a lot of car enthusiasts. Its FR layout and good balance and more aggressive looks are an exciting platform for a car lover to turn to the drawing board with and produce something they can enjoy fully.
    Great point, this is something that a lot of people need to remember when thinking about cars. Start off with the best platform for your needs and then modify it to your preferences. Car manufacturers can't please everyone all the time.
    I like cars.

My Ride
    STi

I really want a BRZ now. From all the reviews and videos I've seen, it sounds like this car was really worth all the hype and the long delay. Seems like the only complaint so far is that it's slightly under powered but at that price point for an import sports car, you can't really expect too much more in that department.