Quantcast
Const. Brant Derrick is a LIAR - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 1 of 4 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: Const. Brant Derrick is a LIAR

My Ride
    D40/ED9/R6

Default Const. Brant Derrick is a LIAR

http://metronews.ca/news/canada/1205...lse-testimony/

Some lies, though, cannot escape the spotlight, especially when video or audio tells the unadulterated truth.

Video shot by civilian eyewitnesses exposed the lies of two Calgary officers who beat Jason Arkinstall while he was handcuffed and then charged him with obstructing, threatening and assaulting an officer.

The video, shot after 3 a.m. on Aug. 31, 2008, the weekend of a tattoo convention, shows Const. Brant Derrick smacking Arkinstall in the back of his head and throwing him head first and onto his stomach in a police van’s rear caged compartment. Arkinstall was thrown with such force his flailing legs almost hit the van roof. “In an obvious burst of anger,” Judge Terry Semenuk said, Derrick slammed the van doors on Arkinstall’s leg.

Semenuk acquitted Arkinstall of threatening Derrick. The other two charges were dropped before trial. The officers, the judge said, were “unreliable and not credible.”

Judge Semenuk was understating.

In court, before Derrick knew the video existed, Arkinstall’s lawyer asked him if he struck Arkinstall before throwing him into the van and slamming the van door.

Derrick: “It didn’t happen.”

Lawyer: “Didn’t happen?”

Derrick: “No.”

Lawyer: “You’re sure of that.”

Derrick: “Yes. I’m sure of that.”

Over 100 cases recorded since 2005 where police have misled the courts.

• Some of the words judges used to describe police evidence and testimony were “lie,” “fabricate,” “evasive,” “absurd,” “ridiculous,” “subversive,” “disturbing” and “pure fiction.”
    When you give a group of humans the legal obligation to hold a monopoly of force you quickly find out that there is really no difference between someone in a tshirt and someone wearing a hat with a badge on it. None of us are exempt from the abuse of power, yet we continue to ignore this and hand over our freedoms to the most powerful and most corrupt in society. Not all police are consciously corrupt or as power hungry at these people but we really need to realize that there aren't enough good cops to make up for the actions of the bad cops, nor can the 'good' cops do anything to stop the actions of their brothers and sisters when they abuse their power.

If the decent cops in society actively patrolled their own ranks we would have an amazing police force, but obviously this is fantasy. How can we expect police to keep the streets safe when they cannot keep their own brothers and sisters from committing crimes in the chair next to them on the jury stand? How can we task them with protecting us when they cannot even create a safe environment within their own ranks?

Police officers are supposed to be the finest humans beings the city has to offer, so they should be infinitely easier to patrol and monitor for criminal behavior. These people should be easily weeded out, but instead the artificial family of the police station creates a wing of ultimate protection for any officer that breaks the law.

What are the police doing to attempt to restore the trust of society that has vanished into a sea of corruption and lies, backed by hostility for speaking a bad word about the department based on a small minority of its members.

Some of these people lie under oath, and go out the next day and stop you in your personal car and hand you a ticket for holding a cell phone.

If I cannot be trusted to carry a gun in public because I have the capability for violence and losing my temper and making bad judgement calls, so should the police acknowledge that they are not some super human race that is completely exempt from these basic human flaws.
    A very telling piece of information in this regard is the fact that retired police officers must hand in their guns and are then bound by the same gun laws as the rest of the Canadian public, which a day prior they had opposite rights of gun ownership and use.
    Last edited by Modelexis; 05-05-2012 at 02:53 AM.
    "Anarchism is not a romantic fable but the hardheaded realization, based on five thousand years of experience, that we cannot entrust the management of our lives to kings, priests, politicians, generals, and county commissioners."

My Ride
    Sloww

good, fuck the cops

Many would prefer to close their eyes at what the cops did / after they would see a picture of the culprit

My Ride
    2015 Ram 1500

Default Re: Const. Brant Derrick is a LIAR

Originally posted by Modelexis
    A very telling piece of information in this regard is the fact that retired police officers must hand in their guns and are then bound by the same gun laws as the rest of the Canadian public, which a day prior they had opposite rights of gun ownership and use.
    The rest of your post contains some interesting takes on reality. But this is just utter horse crap. Police officers are governed by the same firearms laws as the rest of Canadian Citizens EVERY DAY. They are granted an ATC while performing their duties, and due to the nature of being a police officer, they are basically tasked as being constantly on duty (if an officer sees something while he is "off duty" he is still expected to assisst as if he were "on duty", while this doesn't include traffic stops, there is still the potential for them to have to be acting as an officer at any given time, and thus they can carry a firearm with them even when off duty)

They're no more exempt from firearms laws than an armored car company employee, their duty just extends into their personal life.

While they're "off duty" they are governed by the same storage laws as every firearms owner. If a firearm is not on their person it must be unloaded and stored in accordance with the Canada Firearms Act.

Also as an aside to that, they're not handing in "their" guns. The guns are owned by CPS, they're returning them.
    Last edited by Go4Long; 05-05-2012 at 07:26 AM.
    Originally posted by HeavyD
    you know you are making the right decision if Toma opposes it.

My Ride
    '19 GTI

Go4Long,
    I think what he's saying is having a gun strapped to your belt goes to some guys heads... Which you cannot deny that it does. However, at the same time, their guns are crucial for officer/public safety.
    I fully condone police having guns, and i fully condone everything para-military for the most part - However, just pointing out the obvious

My Ride
    2015 Ram 1500

my point was just that despite how he worded it, the Police are governed by the firearms act. They are not entitled to "the opposite rights of gun ownership and use" not that they own their duty issues anyway. It's rhetoric like this that makes people not understand the laws in the first place.

Don't get me wrong...I think Canadian firearms laws are fuckin rediculous, but I'm not about to tell people that they're wrong because of something that is simply not true, there's more than enough wrong with the way the firearms laws are written and enforced without making shit up.
    Last edited by Go4Long; 05-05-2012 at 08:49 AM.

Man, modelexis I appreciate your enthusiasm, but I've noticed lately that every one of your current events posts/replies feels like an article I'd read in the national enquirer.

With topics like this I want the real picture to judge for myself not an artists rendering...

My Ride
    2010 frontier pro-4x

Originally posted by Blue
    good, fuck the cops
    +1, at least a good number of them

My Ride
    Hondas

Originally posted by Blue
    good, fuck the cops
    Fuck liars, cops or not.

Crooked people are pieces of shit.

Last edited by Rat Fink; 12-03-2020 at 08:51 AM.
    Thanks for the 14 years of LOLs. Govern yourselves accordingly and avoid uppercut reactions!

My Ride
    Fit Dugan Signature (2016)

Originally posted by Rat Fink
    Is this the same arkinstall who is tied to the hells angels? If it is then we should totally stick up for his rights and bleed through our hearts for him
    The problem with that line of thought is if it isn't ok for that kind of thing to happen to you, or your sister/dad/etc., then society cannot allow it to be ok for it to happen to anyone.

It's like anything else in life, you allow people an "inch"and soon it will be stretched into a mile.
    Originally posted by SJW
    Once again another useless post by JRSCOOLDUDE.
    Originally posted by snowcat
    Don't let the e-thugs and faggots get to you when they quote your posts and write stupid shit.
    Originally posted by JRSC00LUDE
    I say stupid shit all the time.
    ^^ Fact Checked

My Ride
    07 Avalanche

Default Re: Const. Brant Derrick is a LIAR

Originally posted by Modelexis
    http://metronews.ca/news/canada/1205...lse-testimony/

Over 100 cases recorded since 2005 where police have misled the courts.

When you give a group of humans the legal obligation to hold a monopoly of force you quickly find out that there is really no difference between someone in a tshirt and someone wearing a hat with a badge on it. None of us are exempt from the abuse of power, yet we continue to ignore this and hand over our freedoms to the most powerful and most corrupt in society. Not all police are consciously corrupt or as power hungry at these people but we really need to realize that there aren't enough good cops to make up for the actions of the bad cops, nor can the 'good' cops do anything to stop the actions of their brothers and sisters when they abuse their power.

If the decent cops in society actively patrolled their own ranks we would have an amazing police force, but obviously this is fantasy. How can we expect police to keep the streets safe when they cannot keep their own brothers and sisters from committing crimes in the chair next to them on the jury stand? How can we task them with protecting us when they cannot even create a safe environment within their own ranks?

Police officers are supposed to be the finest humans beings the city has to offer, so they should be infinitely easier to patrol and monitor for criminal behavior. These people should be easily weeded out, but instead the artificial family of the police station creates a wing of ultimate protection for any officer that breaks the law.

What are the police doing to attempt to restore the trust of society that has vanished into a sea of corruption and lies, backed by hostility for speaking a bad word about the department based on a small minority of its members.

Some of these people lie under oath, and go out the next day and stop you in your personal car and hand you a ticket for holding a cell phone.

If I cannot be trusted to carry a gun in public because I have the capability for violence and losing my temper and making bad judgement calls, so should the police acknowledge that they are not some super human race that is completely exempt from these basic human flaws.
    I like to go with 50% of humans are dishonest pieces of shit and 50% want to make their own way/make their life what they want. So.. that goes the same for the police force. There is no way to test how stinky of a shit a human is. Give up on it, make the best of your life and hope everyday you don't run into that slimy mustard cum smelling cop who writes you a ticket for stopping 3cms over the stop line.

Police State

My Ride
    2015 Ram 1500

Originally posted by smokedog
    Police State
    Your contribution to this thread is mind blowing...

My Ride
    CLK 55 / 2g Eclipse / EP3

Originally posted by Rat Fink
    Is this the same arkinstall who is tied to the hells angels? If it is then we should totally stick up for his rights and bleed through our hearts for him

These winners can get all the "help" from the CPS they need.

99.999999% of law abiding citizens will never see the bottom of a police boot unless they give them a reason to.

My Ride
    CLK 55 / 2g Eclipse / EP3

Originally posted by JRSC00LUDE

The problem with that line of thought is if it isn't ok for that kind of thing to happen to you, or your sister/dad/etc., then society cannot allow it to be ok for it to happen to anyone.

It's like anything else in life, you allow people an "inch"and soon it will be stretched into a mile.
    Its too bad police history isnt more publically know.

Before the charter of rights in '82, the RCMP used to have brawls with gang members. Just for kicks.

We've come a long way as far as our rights, but if this stuff happens to the worst of the worst - I dont think anyone cares - except if my tax dollars have to pay for the rejects' medical bills....
    Last edited by revelations; 05-06-2012 at 10:55 PM.

Last edited by Rat Fink; 12-03-2020 at 08:47 AM.
    Thanks for the 14 years of LOLs. Govern yourselves accordingly and avoid uppercut reactions!

Originally posted by 89s1

Fuck liars, cops or not.

Crooked people are pieces of shit.
    +1

My Ride
    Nothing

Originally posted by revelations

These winners can get all the "help" from the CPS they need.

99.999999% of law abiding citizens will never see the bottom of a police boot unless they give them a reason to.
    sig deleted by moderator, click here for info

My Ride
    is wild

This is why my cars will never be driven in BC, couldnt imagine running into a dishonest cop that siezes my car for speeding...legalized government theft
    I read something that the Alberta PC's were studying the same law for here...

Reasons why Drumheller area wouldn't make a good race track venue...

Originally posted by Agera_56
    My wife likes to shop but, I'm sorry, Drumheller isn't going to cut it in that regard (sorry guys, but honestly, if she's happy, I'm happy).

Page 1 of 4 1 2 ... LastLast