Quantcast
Beyond Scavenger Hunt, NORTHEAST PART 2! Starts at 6:30PM - Page 7 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 ... LastLast

Thread: Beyond Scavenger Hunt, NORTHEAST PART 2! Starts at 6:30PM

Originally posted by Disoblige
    So Davex, didn't you kind of shoot yourself in the leg by giving Shaune hints/answers when he was stuck?

So technically it's was b/c of you they found it (since the spell check was really the only difficult part), which sounds ironic IMO.

I don't really see a point in trying to find BCS' card if the person didn't solve it on their own though. Just my 2 cents.

It's too bad Strider didn't find it because it appears that he was the first one there and I came shortly after. He was also the first one to find BCS' pic mistake and PM him about it, so it's almost safe to say he solved it pretty quick on his own.
    \]

LMFAO HE DIDNT HELP WITH NOTING bud but yea gg

So Davex, didn't you kind of shoot yourself in the leg by giving Shaune hints/answers when he was stuck?

So technically it's was b/c of you they found it (since the spell check was really the only difficult part), which sounds ironic IMO.

I don't really see a point in trying to find BCS' card if the person didn't solve it on their own though. Just my 2 cents.

It's too bad Strider didn't find it because it appears that he was the first one there and I came shortly after. He was also the first one to find BCS' pic mistake and PM him about it, so it's almost safe to say he solved it pretty quick on his own.
    strider is a smart man, met him before. he definately solved the puzzles pretty damn fast. I feel if it was a bit lighter out he found have found it, and so would you and everybody else. It just came down to who was willing to wait until the sun came out, brown bag stuck behind brown fence and shitty cell phone lights dont make it that easy lol!. and no, i did not give out any clues to anybody.

My Ride
    17 Civic HB Sport

So how exactly did you guys find the location from the last page...once I got there, I was stuck with all the pix and coordinates etc.

Anyone care to elaborate?
    What kind of birdhouse can you build with popsicles, roofies, and a rubber mallet?
    "It's for a rare African bird called "none your business."
    Originally posted by JRSC00LUDE
    If you were straight I'd eat you like a BLT sandwich with extra Bacon. And I fucking LOVE bacon.

Originally posted by LadyLuck
    So how exactly did you guys find the location from the last page...once I got there, I was stuck with all the pix and coordinates etc.

Anyone care to elaborate?
    the first coordinates went to abbotsford bc. the second coordinates went to abingdon england/uk (wherever lol).

The first photo was of a crescent, the second photo was of drive.

abbotsford crescent | abingdon drive. that was the location of the electrical boxes that had the 8.11/8.12 numbers, which were just by the fences. the fences were colored and a couple panels had BLAZE spraypainted on them, so the first one was blaze white for a white fence with blaze graffiti on it.

My Ride
    17 Civic HB Sport

^ ahhhh...ok that makes sense then. Thanks for sharing
    What kind of birdhouse can you build with popsicles, roofies, and a rubber mallet?
    "It's for a rare African bird called "none your business."
    Originally posted by JRSC00LUDE
    If you were straight I'd eat you like a BLT sandwich with extra Bacon. And I fucking LOVE bacon.

My Ride
    Hybrid

Meh... it's no big deal.
    Not like I need the gas money, it was more for the thrill of the hunt than anything.
    Besides, as I was leaving, I accepted an offer to split the card in exchange for some help

Originally posted by Davex
    strider is a smart man, met him before.
    You'll have to jog my memory, I don't think I know you.

Originally posted by Strider

Meh... it's no big deal.
    Not like I need the gas money, it was more for the thrill of the hunt than anything.
    Besides, as I was leaving, I accepted an offer to split the card in exchange for some help

You'll have to jog my memory, I don't think I know you.
    bought some stuff off you last year!

My Ride
    Hybrid

bought some stuff off you last year!
    Wasn't me...

You must be thinking of that goddamn imposter Str1der.
    Last edited by Strider; 05-11-2012 at 04:49 PM.
    Originally posted by max_boost
    Hey baller, any problem money can solve is no problem at all. Don't sweat it.

Wasn't me...

You must be thinking of that goddamn imposter Str1der.
    oh. must be that guy then, unless ur white with big muscles....? i had just sprained/broken my ankle and went and bought a 26" computer lcd lol

My Ride
    (maah raahde)

unless ur white with big muscles....? i had just sprained/broken my ankle
    I think it's time to change topics. Your choice of words are starting to get uncomfortably homo-erotic.

all that comes to mind now is lmfao sexy and i know it. so bad

My Ride
    Hybrid

Well... it's been a week, and I guess I'm not gonna see any money, so I may as well throw this in here:

Team Shaune/Shawtie is stuck on spellcheck and asks for help:
    Shaune wrote on 05-08-2012 10:48 PM:

if you are done help me and i will gladly split the card with you man ill for for hours
    Shaune wrote on 05-08-2012 10:49 PM:
    i am stuck on the spellcheck shit still
    So I give them the answers. This was all off the top of my head as I was leaving.
    Strider wrote on 05-08-2012 10:53 PM:

Spell check one is diarrhoea
    Then its "next.html"
    I forget what's next math answer is nine.html or 9.html I forget

Then hindu-arabic is change II to 2
    Leroy one is "chicken"
    8th most posts is "Ben"
    Movie is "moon"

I forget everything else

Basically leads you to a green transformer at abbingdon cres and abbotsford Dr
    Colors are fences

Good luck
    Shaune wrote on 05-08-2012 11:36 PM:

Colors are fences?
    Strider wrote on 05-09-2012 08:16 AM:

yup. did you get to the webpage with coordinates and colors?

Starting at the corner of abingdon cres and abbotsford dr, there's a bus stop and a green transformer box with the 8-38.... code on it. If you walk from the sidewalk to the green box, and then keep going, there's a row of fences that corresponds to the colors
    Then at 8:58am:
    Originally posted by shawtie
    Found!!
    That night, Shawtie invites me to the Beyond party on Sat - I guess she's acknowledging my help?
    shawtie wrote on 05-09-2012 07:45 PM:

Hey Strider,

Just wondering if you and the woman want to come to the 10 year beyond party that has been offered to us by Kenny.

Let me know
    But I can't make it, plus I already got an invite.
    Strider wrote on 05-09-2012 09:30 PM:

Hey Shawtie,

Thx, but I can't make it Sat... I already got an invite for finding the downtown card.

Shaune mentioned splitting the card in exchange for the help tho.
    No answer from Shawtie, so I PM Shaune the next day.
    Strider wrote on 05-10-2012 01:00 PM:

Hey, so are we still splitting this? or what's the deal?
    Now all of a sudden they're not working as a team, and Shaune found the first two cards, not Shawtie. Shawtie found this one, therefore no deal?
    Shaune wrote on 05-10-2012 02:56 PM:

i didnt find it i spent the last cards because i found them see pulled the card outa the fence sorry for my typing i just got up nut yea

i ran to store and came back she was standing on street jumping
    5 mins later another message - I guess I'm not that naive... Only now he can't come up with $50?
    Shaune wrote on 05-10-2012 03:01 PM:

when i get some money here i will give u a message and throw u some money for helping me with that clue i spent the last cards cuz i found them she got this one so i told her to spend it
    Even though he has "more then enuff money" according to his post in the Betting Thread
    Originally posted by Shaune
    naw it wouldnt piss us off and we are not mad but this is a betting thread and its the fun in searching for the card we have more then enuff money
    Strider wrote on 05-15-2012 10:03 AM:

payday today... still gonna make good on this deal?
    No reply...

So Shaune, keep your money.
    Unlike you I actually don't need it. It was more interesting to see if you would keep your word.

Shaune also signed up after the contest started which negates the rules if hes claiming he found it.

He also pm'd me for clues but i did NOT give him answers as I knew their brain capacity wasn't large enough to even understand the answers.

I'm sorry they took you for a ride strider. Good luck getting what they owe you.

The only reason they found the fences is because they saw me walk into the field and followed me into it as well.

My Ride
    Hybrid

I knew their brain capacity wasn't large enough to even understand the answers.
    Lol... I don't know them personally, so I wouldn't say that.

I'm sorry they took you for a ride strider. Good luck getting what they owe you.
    Nothing gained, nothing lost. Not like I was about to go looking for it again anyways.
    But in retrospect, it would have been better to let someone else find it instead.

Lol... I don't know them personally, so I wouldn't say that.

Nothing gained, nothing lost. Not like I was about to go looking for it again anyways.
    But in retrospect, it would have been better to let someone else find it instead.
    When you're unemployed and on welfare every dollar, no matter how it is earned or where it is from is needed. Just be glad that you did not have to scavenger hunt gas cards to make it to the UE office.

My Ride
    '16 FoRS, '09 UZN215, '90 Z32, '15 Grom

Originally posted by Shaune

and we are not hard up for money bud its fun to do and we enjoy the challenge. Well enuff said enjoy showing everyone your epeeen gg dave
    Obviously it's not about the money, but it's worth asking your arch nemesis Davex and then Strider for assistance because it's "fun"

Eh, in the end it's $300 in gas cards and pride down the toilet. Maybe it was worth it.

The real prize IMO is the kickass final prize by kenny/rage2. I feel privileged to have partaken in the event. I am very thankful for the invite.

i called them out on their bullshit from get go. my bitching at them wasnt unwarranted lol

Whats the final prize dis?

My Ride
    '16 FoRS, '09 UZN215, '90 Z32, '15 Grom

Well, they can find as many cards as they want. It's their call on what they want to do.

I just called them out on being lame for being desperate enough to ask people for help (especially Davex) when clearly the fun in this type of hunt is puzzle solving. If you can't solve it and ask for help, then at least don't spout about how it's not about the $ and you're only doing it because it's fun.

My Ride
    (maah raahde)

i called them out on their bullshit from get go. my bitching at them wasnt unwarranted lol
    Are you finished your whining? Cause we're tired of listening to it and we're about to ban you again. If you want to talk about getting called out on bullshit, we can start with yours too.

Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 ... LastLast