Quantcast
Is Urban Expressions is good place to buy wheels? - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 1 of 6 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: Is Urban Expressions is good place to buy wheels?

My Ride
    2009 Nissan 370Z

Default Is Urban Expressions is good place to buy wheels?

I need to really get a set of rims for my z30. Ive heard a few people say its a good place.

It's a great place to go to. +1 for Urban expression, got my gf got a set of tires for half the price a buddy bought them for

My Ride
    G37X

Urban X is just good make that great all around. Never been disappointed by Gary & co at Urban South. They bend over backwards for there customers

My Ride
    Exploded.

I'm a loyal customer of Bob @ UrbanX NE and I recommend him to anyone who needs a set.

His service is unbeatable and will try everything to give you options that'll make you happy.

My Ride
    X5D, Fiesta ST

My Ride
    ...BNT0B0X...

Short answer....yes...

Long Answer...yes...I've been dealing with Bob for a very long time for my wheel and tire needs...and then when they all opened up Urban...that didn't change...I have my entire family getting their tires and in the cases of those who have changed wheels they also come from the boys at Urban X north...

Not that I am saying the south location is not great as well...I just have no personal dealing with them...but I am more than confident based on what I have heard, seen, and the fact that Bob wouldn't let them tarnish the name he and Lorne have built they are stellar!!...
    ...@therealarifjina...

I dont know if its just me but every time I call, nobody answer the phone.. I even emailed them and no reply... Serious? I guess the only way to get a hold of them is to actually go down to the shop.

I'm a huge convert to Urban expression's but I'm giving my props to Gary @ South store. They are awesome.
    2016 Tesla Model X
    2018 Lincoln Navigator
    2016 Porsche GT3 RS

I have bought from the north and south locations since 2009. The south location really went over and above what I expected from them in relation to a tire warranty issue (not Urban's fault at all), in short they replaced the tire when I know for a fact the maker was not about to do anything about the issue.

They are the only tire and wheel company I will deal with in Calgary and I am very quick to cut businesses that do not measure up.
    Last edited by CanmoreOrLess; 05-14-2012 at 09:33 AM.

Last edited by Cos; 01-01-2017 at 08:36 PM.
    Originally posted by adam c

Line goes up, line goes down, line does squiggly things and fucks Alberta
    "The stone age didn't end because we ran out of stones"

My Ride
    10' 4Runner SR5

Originally posted by BensonTT
    I dont know if its just me but every time I call, nobody answer the phone.. I even emailed them and no reply... Serious? I guess the only way to get a hold of them is to actually go down to the shop.
    That probably happens but never to me. I've dealt with Gary from their south location and the guy will call me from an email I sent 10minutes ago, on a sunday night because he is still at work. The hours those guys must pull are ridiculous! During winter tire season I left them a voicemail and Bob got back to me later that day. Sounds like an anomaly because from my experience that's the opposite.

They run a tight ship over there and it shows.
    Ultracrepidarian

My Ride
    GD + GR WRB

Go to the shop.

Best guys to deal with in town PERIOD. If you think they should answer every e-mail and every phone call that comes in, You have no idea how busy it can be at a shop like this. NO IDEA. It simply isn't possible to ramp up staff/ramp down staff in the busy seasons to keep it in check.
    Bought not built!

My Ride
    99 1.8t

Thats really weird, I work at the south location and every time the phone rings Gary or Cort will drop whatever they are doing to answer the phone.

You sure you have the right number??

My Ride
    Changes everyday...

Quick question:

Do they sell all types of wheels? I am looking for 26" or maybe even 28" for my Escalade.

Originally posted by Cos

Realistically I would deal with whichever one is closer.
    This. I've dealt with both Bob and Gary, and have no complaints.

Its sometimes hard to contact them on the phone because as others have said they get really busy. There is a reason they are so busy.

My Ride
    a minivan, a maxima, and a KLR

+1 for Bob. Goes out of his way to explain things and got me the best deal on rims and tires, even over ordering from the US. I'll be going back for sure.

Last edited by Sugarphreak; 07-09-2019 at 06:05 PM.

+1 for Bob, he goes out of his way to help out. I travel from Medicine Hat to buy from there.

My Ride
    07 Tundra, 99 E36 M3

Thanks a million for all the comments guys! We do our best to provide competitive prices and the best service possible to all our customers.

With the warm weather finally here we are getting a ton of inquires through emails and PM's and we apologize if you have been missed. Please call us either at the North (Bob or Lorne) 403-769-1771 or South (Gary or Cort) 403-265-6553 if you would like to get a hold of us quicker.

It's 9pm and I am still at the shop catching up.....anybody know any good divorce lawyers? I may need one soon!

My Ride
    1991 Tomei SR2.2+ Powered 240sx

Man I was gonna rave about urban, but it seems that the rest of Calgary already knows what's up. Bob is the Shit. +1 for both urban's. The only thing they could do better is nothing. Im pretty sure these guys could stretch a 25 profile 235 and mount it on an 11 inch rim. they're that good.

I was away on vacation when i heard about a group buy going on that I was gonna miss out on. Bob paid for my rims out of his own pocket so I wouldn't miss out, and Let me pay for them when I got back. Great Work Guys. I've bought at least 3 sets of rims from urban, and at probably 40+ tires. They keep doing what they're doing and they're gonna take over the world.

+1, +1.
    Last edited by S13ontap; 05-22-2012 at 09:12 PM.
    DidYouSeeThat?

1991 Fully Built Tomei SR 2.2 - S13 (680hp)
    1994 B20 T35 EG (PARTING OUT)
    1990 Skyline GT-R (Sold)

Page 1 of 6 1 2 ... LastLast