Quantcast
Is Urban Expressions is good place to buy wheels? - Page 2 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Is Urban Expressions is good place to buy wheels?

My brother and I have bought many tires and a set of rims of gary, A++ for sure. the company in general is awesome!
    you aint dubbin. if you aint rubbin.

Originally posted by BensonTT
    I dont know if its just me but every time I call, nobody answer the phone.. I even emailed them and no reply... Serious? I guess the only way to get a hold of them is to actually go down to the shop.
    Nope... It's not just you...

As said, if trying to get hold of me during the busy seasons, it is often best to come by the store. Absolutely I answer the phone when I have a free tentacle, and e-mails when I can, but I ALWAYS deal with the client in front first, phones, second and e-mails last. I should really say, counter first, phones second, ordering and receiving, pulling in cars, crying babies, washing the toilets, breathing etc, then e-mails...

I am kinda old school in that e-mails just are not my preferred way of communication when it is super busy. I understand that makes it difficult for some people who prefer to deal that way. I apologize but it is what it is. If my way of doing business does not work I get it, but the reason I am so busy is my way of doing business does seem to appeal to enough people that it works.

I also got into my own business to control my own hours etc. I go home when the shop closes and am there when it opens. The rest of the time short of an emergency is for my family and myself. Gary and Cort are in a spot where they can stay extra late every night answering e-mails and doing all the daily ordering etc that didn't get done which is great for them, but I am in a spot where I am fortunate enough to have a family who I actually love and enjoy being with MORE than working all the time, and if my business cuts into that I will stop my business before I stop my family.

I know it isn't everybody's way of doing things, but it is mine. I would rather be accused of being a bad business man than a bad husband and father.

Now that my eggs are cold I shall wolf down my breakfast and fly to the shop...

BTW... Thanks everyone for the kind words! It really does feel good knowing that your life's work, however mundane it can seem, is appreciated by those who he works with and for...

Last edited by tirebob; 05-23-2012 at 08:06 AM.

My Ride
    The SHBARUS

They suck at doing shitty jobs

My Ride
    '90 skyline gtst

Urban does an amzing Job! Gary (south location) has always helped me out and quickly too!

My Ride
    2018 Tesla P3D

I've been a customer at each store several times over for the past 5 years or so. I've recommended family, friends, and co-workers there and every single one of them have had nothing but good things to say about the company.

Lately, I've been staying to Gary & Cort's store due to the south location being only 5 mins drive from home, and the fact that Gary is my wife's long extended cousin, but I wouldn't hesitate to go to either store to get the best service, price, and quality one would expect. Huge & to everyone at the UrbanX team!

Get 6 months of free supercharging & FSD trial when you buy a new Tesla: https://ts.la/simon82305
    Free test drives for actual interested parties! We own both a Model 3 Performance and a Model X 90D.

My Ride
    2015 Hyundai Veloster

I'd never go there again. I tried to contact him multiple times and he simply never answered me, then I called the place and nobody answered the phone. I went down there and nobody answered the door. Don't bother.
    Originally posted by Go4Long
    or else what? you'll turn on the caps lock?
    you do realize this is the internet right? lol
    Originally posted by rob the knob
    mar, you are good guy at heart
    you must realize your limitations
    then you will be happy if you fine place in live
    Originally posted by blitz
    Jesus man, I know you like Transformers, but you need to get out more. No one should get this upset over a movie based on children's toys.

My Ride
    2018 Civic Si coupe

As stated the only downside is trying to get a hold of them, but don't give up as the juice is definitely worth the squeeze.

My Ride
    B8.5 S4

The one thing I love is they know they are a busy shop, so they actually schedule you in. I hate, hate, hate "Drop your car off at 8am and pick it up at 9pm" places. "Oh yeah, we didn't get to it today, can you bring it back tomorrow?".

I make an appointment at UrbanX, show up, 30 min later, I'm out the door. Sooooo much better. I've never had to wait around longer than they have estimated.

My Ride
    UCF20/R35

Originally posted by Mar
    I'd never go there again. I tried to contact him multiple times and he simply never answered me, then I called the place and nobody answered the phone. I went down there and nobody answered the door. Don't bother.
    Must have been a combination of unfortunate circumstances, North and South store equally are great, I would suggest giving them another shot because the pricing, workmanship and customer service is unparallel. Gary and Cort have even brought lug nuts to a friend of mine stranded during off hours

Originally posted by rage2
    Can someone who speaks brown please translate this for me please?

Last edited by Sugarphreak; 07-09-2019 at 06:12 PM.

Yup good guys to deal with for sure!!
    2011 Mercedes C63 AMG //2009 Mercedes C350 SOLD //2008 BMW 335i SOLD //2006 Mercedes C Sold// 2002 BMW M3 SOLD// 2004 Porsche C4S SOLD// 2006 Audi S4 SOLD// 2005 Audi 1.8T SS SOLD// 2004 Subaru STi SOLD// 1994 LHD Toyota Supra SOLD//1993 LHD Mazda RX-7 SOLD // 2002 Honda S2000 SC SOLD// 2004 Range Rover SOLD//

My Ride
    Model 3 Performance

I use them for all my local tire work. Good people and they do a great job.

Originally posted by heavyD
    I use them for all my local tire work. Good people and they do a great job.

My Ride
    1991 Tomei SR2.2+ Powered 240sx

Originally posted by Mar
    They're a busy shop. And part of the reason they're able to save you money is because they don't pay a secretary to answer the phones full time. Occurrences like this are few and far between. I hate to call bullshit, but I sincerely doubt you went down there during business hours and the door was locked. That's not how they roll.

But by all means. go somewhere else and pay twice the price for service and goods. Would you rather deal with a shop that's gonna save you money and do the best job in the city, with the most advanced equipment around? Even if they are busy?
    Or would you like to go to a place like kal tire where their secretary will ALWAYS get to the phone on time, but some first day tire bitch will scratch the hell out of your new rims mounting your tires?

The amount the phone rings off the hook every time I'm there, there is NO WAY anyone one person or team of people could take all those calls... I'm sensing the need for a 3rd urban location.... Franchising opportunity?
    DidYouSeeThat?

1991 Fully Built Tomei SR 2.2 - S13 (680hp)
    1994 B20 T35 EG (PARTING OUT)
    1990 Skyline GT-R (Sold)

Thanks for the defense guys, but in all honesty, I KNOW that dealing with me can be a pain in the ass and I am sorry it is how it is. I am thankful that our loyal customers understand and are willing to deal with how we do business, and to those that do not find that works within there wants and needs, I understand where you are coming from and don't think you are wrong... Just that I have to do things in a way that keep me sane and not hating life...

Oh, and about the secretary comment... I don't want to spend the money on one not so much to save the money, but more that it would be wasted simply because having someone answer phones and taking messages does not clone me and leave me with any more time to answer those messages, so people think they are going to get a call back and when they don't they think I am being a jerk ignoring them, when the reality is I am just overwhelmed and can't answer every message. That is worse than getting the busy message because then at least they know whats going on and will try back again or stop by...

Again, my way is not good for everyone and I know it... No hard feelings. For everyone else, Thanks!!!

Originally posted by Mar
    So.. are you saying you did this all on a day they were closed? Because every time I call, one of them will answer, if they dont, I will call back in an hour and either Lorne or Bob will answer.

My Ride
    2008 Mercedes Benz C230, 1968 Chevy Impala

They did a fantastic job on my tire install. when they unpacked my rims, there was a small scratch and they called me before they popped the tires on to let me know. Just great customer service.
    1968 Impala: Status: Stored
    1977 Dodge Triple E RV: Sold
    1989 Mercedes Benz 420 SEL: Sold
    2008 Mercedes Benz C230: Cruising
    2000 Bluebird TC2000: Build phase of skoolie project
    2018 Rav4 XLE: New baby friendly daily

My Ride
    2GR-FE Hethel, 14W246, 13W251, 06NC, 02Aerio

Hey Bob, when is it a good time for me to drop by? I need to mount a new set of winter tires and one of my summer tires that was patched last fall is slowly leaking. No rush on these...I will drop by when you guys are not so busy.

Ray.
    Insurance Pro

My Ride
    1991 Tomei SR2.2+ Powered 240sx

Originally posted by tirebob
    Thanks for the defense guys, but in all honesty,.....
    ....Again, my way is not good for everyone and I know it... No hard feelings. For everyone else, Thanks!!!

Ok Ok I'll back down. lol

love you bob. nohomo
    DidYouSeeThat?

1991 Fully Built Tomei SR 2.2 - S13 (680hp)
    1994 B20 T35 EG (PARTING OUT)
    1990 Skyline GT-R (Sold)

My Ride
    MK7

i would never take my own car anywhere other than urban, and i just sent my parents there to get tires from Bob up north.

good service, fair prices and they are car guys so you can trust they will treat your car right, imo.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 ... LastLast