Quantcast
24.000 km service for 2011 Subaru Impreza - Beyond.ca - Car Forums

Thread: 24.000 km service for 2011 Subaru Impreza

My Ride
    2004 Volvo XC90

Default 24.000 km service for 2011 Subaru Impreza

We have 2011 Subaru Impreza 2.5i Sedan. My wife took it for an oil change today (service A according the maintenance schedule) but was also charged another $59 for "Minor fuel system service - Includes Maintenance cleaning on fuel lines, injectors and CAT converter".

According the maintenance schedule the fuel injection system service is done at 48,000 km.

Did they just make her pay extra for service she does not need just because she did not have a clue? It is the Subaru of Calgary in NE.

My Ride
    93 240sx SE, 17 Infiniti Q50S, 2008 Highlander

I think the Fuel Injection System Service @ 48k is different than the Minor Fuel System Service your wife paid for. $59 I'm pretty sure they just dumped cleaner/drier into your fuel tank only.

The 48K Fuel Service requires a cleaner getting pumped into your fuel line/injectors with a machine or thats how we do it at Nissan, so I'm sure its the same amongst all other brands.
    Originally posted by GTS Jeff
    You know those bored stay at home moms who's entire lives revolve around driving their kids to soccer, various cleaning accessories, and worrying about neighbourhood rapists? The kind of people that watch the View and go "uh huh..." Those unfulfilled people who try to fill the void in their empty lives by writing whiny letters to the editor complaining about shit that no one really cares about?

Well imagine if instead of writing that letter to the editor, she just posts on a car forum for car enthusiasts. That's Kritafo.

My Ride
    19 Jeep Wrangler, 20 Hyundai Palisade

If you insist on taking the car to the dealer, take it to Centaur. Much better service.

My Ride
    Corolla XRS 2010

Did not they ask your wife first before they do the minor fuel system services? they should had explain to your wife what they will be doing and how it will benefit the car. She could have said NO and ask them to stick to her original services.

My Ride
    2004 Volvo XC90

Originally posted by Aleks
    If you insist on taking the car to the dealer, take it to Centaur. Much better service.
    Will have this in mind.

I lease the car - if I take it somewhere else than a Subaru dealership or do the work myself will this void the warranty somehow?

Next service will cost around $500 and is just oil change and replacement of the air filter and the cabin air filter and a lot of "inspections". Both air filters are $50 together and the oil change is around $70 including labor. I do not mind paying for oil change but air filters I can change for 30 minutes at most although I am not a mechanic. Why pay $500?! I am not a millionaire neither have an oil well in my back yard.

My Ride
    rally pig

Originally posted by anichin

Will have this in mind.

I lease the car - if I take it somewhere else than a Subaru dealership or do the work myself will this void the warranty somehow?

Next service will cost around $500 and is just oil change and replacement of the air filter and the cabin air filter and a lot of "inspections". Both air filters are $50 together and the oil change is around $70 including labor. I do not mind paying for oil change but air filters I can change for 30 minutes at most although I am not a mechanic. Why pay $500?! I am not a millionaire neither have an oil well in my back yard.
    i have a 09 wrx on lease and it's at 74k now. Yes, when I hit 48k, Subaru NE quoted me around ~500, Allmakes quoted me around ~400, across from Allmakes there's this shop.. Economy Auto Repair, he quoted me around ~250. That's where I'm getting all our cars serviced now on as it's closer to home and we are getting good service.

My Ride
    19 Jeep Wrangler, 20 Hyundai Palisade

Originally posted by anichin

Will have this in mind.

Try getting a quote from Centaur and a few other places on the next big service. Might be a lot less than 500.

And yes you can take the car in for service other places too. Just have to have receipts to show work was done.

My Ride
    2004 Volvo XC90

Originally posted by CorollaXRS
    Did not they ask your wife first before they do the minor fuel system services? they should had explain to your wife what they will be doing and how it will benefit the car. She could have said NO and ask them to stick to her original services.
    Nope. They did not tell her it was optional and what is the reason for doing it. They basically told her "this is what we need to do for the 24,000 km service".

My Ride
    2004 Volvo XC90

Update: I tried to contact the service adviser this morning. I was told she was on the phone. Left a message with one of her colleagues but she never called me back. Then I emailed one of the client relations managers and shortly after that received a phone call from another manager. They are going to give me a credit that can be used towards the next service. I am not sure about whether I want to go back at this moment.

The manager also told me I would not get offered this minor fuels system service and Centaur just because they do not carry the product. It must be something very special that no one else can get their hand on except for Subaru Calgary. LOL