Quantcast
A Canuck kills a Bruin!! - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 1 of 3 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: A Canuck kills a Bruin!!

Default A Canuck kills a Bruin!!

David Booth in Alberta:

My Ride
    LEXUS LX470

fuck, why are they hunting bears like that. go hunt some crappy deer or something.
    Tap, Rack, BANG!

My Ride
    Ram 1500, '68 Camaro, S14

Man, im no hippy, but i could never do that!

I'd feel terrible haha..

My Ride
    2017 Tacoma street queen

I guess this is what happens when your team can't stay in the playoffs

My Ride
    Silverado

Originally posted by littledan
    fuck, why are they hunting bears like that. go hunt some crappy deer or something.
    uhhhh why?

My Ride
    A vehicle or two

Why would you hunt bears with little sticks with sharpened ends at the very least? Did this bear actually bleed out from that arrow or something... it seemed to run off pretty quickly and didn't seem *that* phased.

I'm not really a huge fan of hunting in the first place, but if you're gonna do it, at least use a suitable weapon to reduce the pain of the animal.

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

What's the big deal? Is it because they're cute again? If so, you should check out the dolphin thread lol.
    Originally posted by SEANBANERJEE
    I have gone above and beyond what I should rightfully have to do to protect my good name

My Ride
    1990 4runner

Originally posted by Kloubek
    Why would you hunt bears with little sticks with sharpened ends at the very least? Did this bear actually bleed out from that arrow or something... it seemed to run off pretty quickly and didn't seem *that* phased.

I'm not really a huge fan of hunting in the first place, but if you're gonna do it, at least use a suitable weapon to reduce the pain of the animal.
    Those arrowheads tear a pretty massive hole. Animals will run when they're shot too even with a heart/lung shot. The only time you see them drop in place is when the bullet or arrowhead severs the spine or is a head shot. If it was a clean shot I would guess it wouldn't run more than a hundred meters or so and the animal would die quickly. That said, I'm not a big fan of trophy hunting.

Hunting is fine if you're going to eat the animal afterwards. I figure if you're eating venison that you killed, you're sparing a cow a shitty life in a feed lot, and the deer had a full life before it hit the dinner plate.

Originally posted by rage2
    What's the big deal? Is it because they're cute again? If so, you should check out the dolphin thread lol.
    Sport hunting is fucking pathetic as far as I'm concerned. Ending an animal's life for a momentary thrill is nothing a grown man should be proud of.

My Ride
    Silverado

what about population control?

My Ride
    A vehicle or two

Since when do we have an epidemic of bears?

My Ride
    1990 4runner

As far as I know the annual bear quota for licenses is quite high. Don't quote me on this, but I'm pretty sure they are a growing population that's extremely healthy.

Originally posted by Freeskier
    As far as I know the annual bear quota for licenses is quite high. Don't quote me on this, but I'm pretty sure they are a growing population that's extremely healthy.
    Haven't looked into it recently, but bear hunting was banned as late as 2010 (not sure if it was lifted last season), I think the ban went back as far as 05-06 due to low bear populations.

And if you're killing an animal for a trophy, I don't think you give one fuck about population control (although it sure makes for a convenient excuse).

My Ride
    10' 4Runner SR5

Originally posted by Super_Geo
    And if you're killing an animal for a trophy, I don't think you give one fuck about population control (although it sure makes for a convenient excuse).
    Bingo. I love moose and deer but once that thing hits the butchers, I wouldn't want the damn head on the wall. If you're trophy hunting for just the trophy and that's it, might as well call it poaching.

Most hunters I know of or have heard about will take the head as a trophy and eat all the meat that comes with it. Not many people will kill a deer and saw off its antlers and then leave the rest, although it has and will likely continue to happen.

I wonder how much some rich lunatics will pay to go hunt rare or even endangered game in Africa? Isn't there polar bear hunting too?

EDIT: If anyone knows a place to buy moose meat, that'd be great! As far as I know you basically need to kill it yourself or have a buddy to get some off of.
    Last edited by msommers; 05-15-2012 at 10:14 PM.
    Ultracrepidarian

hah... this kind of stuff doesn't even phase me anymore, after working in the oilfields everyone there pretty much lived on a farm somewhere and the hottest topic out there is hunting. Co worker of mine recently went to go hunt a polar bear. If it's legal and you have a license then there is absolutely nothing no one can do anything about it.

My Ride
    Silverado

Haven't looked into it recently, but bear hunting was banned as late as 2010 (not sure if it was lifted last season), I think the ban went back as far as 05-06 due to low bear populations.

no but the people issuing the tags care about population control. if they wanted them alive they would issue fewer tags. Just talking hunting in general not so much bears.

This sort of reminds me on the facebook hunted wolves thing though. /sarcasm
    Last edited by dirtsniffer; 05-15-2012 at 10:36 PM.

My Ride
    Silverado

Originally posted by msommers

I wonder how much some rich lunatics will pay to go hunt rare or even endangered game in Africa? Isn't there polar bear hunting too?

EDIT: If anyone knows a place to buy moose meat, that'd be great! As far as I know you basically need to kill it yourself or have a buddy to get some off of.

I've heard some crazy shit about hunting in Africa. The hunters I know wouldn't even do it. Apparently they can take you out in the middle of the night (when all the big cats are active) and drive around till you find one. Them bam they hit it with a few flood lights so it's just frozen there, confused as fuck and then you're expected to shoot it. Takes all the sport right out of it.

Butchers can't sell hunted meat. only farmed raised. your only bet is to get in with some hunters. like me

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

The American black bear is listed by the IUCN as Least Concern, due to the species' widespread distribution and a large global population estimated to be twice that of all other bear species combined.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/American_black_bear
    3. Black bears can cause damage to livestock, apiaries and crops, as well as creating hazards in areas of human activity. As a result, a number are relocated or removed from the population annually as nuisance animals.
    4. Hunting is an effective management tool to control population numbers where depredation occurs and can increase the wariness of bears towards humans.
    5. Black bears are hunted in both spring and fall seasons. About 2,500 or less black bears (approximately 6% of the population) are harvested annually through regulated hunting; the majority during spring seasons. This annual harvest is well below what the population can sustain, and management goals desire.
    http://www.huntingfortomorrow.com/HF...20Oct%2008.pdf
    I have gone above and beyond what I should rightfully have to do to protect my good name

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

These are cute. Let's ban killing gophers.

Putting aside the fact I hate bear hunting and can't stand people that do it, it looks like they were baiting the bear (meat in drum). That is fucking despicable, it's just target practice at that point. It's like putting up a mcdonalds to hunt fat people, very little skill involved (and I say this because I used to hit the range with my brother who competed in archery and got pretty decent myself so im not exactly underestimating the archery skill involved) I can shoot fish in a barrel too!!!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 ... LastLast