Quantcast
Harper giving away Canada, bit by bit.... - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 1 of 4 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: Harper giving away Canada, bit by bit....

My Ride
    You Crazy

Default Harper giving away Canada, bit by bit....

So, we are being "eased into" accepting US agents in Canada....

http://ca.news.yahoo.com/blogs/canad...201905380.html

My Ride
    '21 F150 PowerBoost

Default Re: Harper giving away Canada, bit by bit....

Originally posted by Toma
    So, we are being "eased into" accepting US agents in Canada....

http://ca.news.yahoo.com/blogs/canad...201905380.html
    I have no issues with this. If the FBI/CIA/Local sheriff is pursuing a suspect, and they make it across some imaginary line on a map, they get away scott free. No, I have no problems with that. They should be able to pursue the person(s) across that imaginary border.

On the other hand, if this is abused and the FBI start pursuing Canadian suspects on Canadian soil for crimes committed in Canada, then I have a problem.
    Boosted life tip #329
    Girlfriends cost money
    Turbos cost money
    Both make whining noises
    Make the smart choice.

Originally posted by Mibz
    Always a fucking awful experience seeing spikers. Extra awful when he laps me.

My Ride
    1992 KA-T Silvia

Ok, police chasing a suspect across the border sure, but FBI and DEA crossing borders to apprehend suspects...
    How can anyone be ok with this? .
    There's a point when public safety becomes public control and I believe if this bill passes, we are meeting that point.
    Open to the idea of aerial surveillance.
    When won't we be being watched?

If your committing a crime and a US officer catches you, are you subject to Canadian jail or us jail?
    Not saying I'm going to be committing crimes but the point remains, we are Canadian citizens not canamericans. We should be subject to rule of the Canadian constitue and foreign agency's should remain foreign.

My Ride
    Ferd Fteen Thousand

Yep, I don't want the US government running around here trying to catch Canadians, how long until one of them shoots/beats a suspect or in general breaks Canadians judicial laws and then just flees back to the US for legal protection.

If they USA needs a person they need to work with the Canadian police to find them and let them to the work. We can't exercise autonomy when another nation is policing our people.

My Ride
    '21 F150 PowerBoost

Originally posted by Maybelater
    Yep, I don't want the US government running around here trying to catch Canadians, how long until one of them shoots/beats a suspect or in general breaks Canadians judicial laws and then just flees back to the US for legal protection.

If they USA needs a person they need to work with the Canadian police to find them and let them to the work. We can't exercise autonomy when another nation is policing our people.
    You should re-read the article, and specifically how this would go both ways.
    Boosted life tip #329
    Girlfriends cost money
    Turbos cost money
    Both make whining noises
    Make the smart choice.

My Ride
    G6

I'm undecided on this. I think as long as those agencies can't extrodite someone caught in Canada to the USA and only make arrests of people violating Canadian law in Canada, it's not too bad. The Europeans have Interpol after all.

My Ride
    Sierra, RDX

Originally posted by Maybelater

You need to re-read the article. It is not going to mean having FBI agents stationed here to help nab Canadians breaking the law here, it will be them crossing if they need to apprehend someone who is actively fleeing or they are in pursuit of. If they are chasing a rapist and he runs over the border, I want them to cross over and catch him. There is no reason they should be forced to stop pursuit of someone just becuase they cross an imaginary line. This will also allow Canadian police to pursue into the US if needed. Depending on location, help from the other agency can sometimes be quite far away.
    See Crank. See Crank Walk. Walk Crank Walk.

My Ride
    Sierra, RDX

Originally posted by Feruk
    I'm undecided on this. I think as long as those agencies can't extrodite someone caught in Canada to the USA and only make arrests of people violating Canadian law in Canada, it's not too bad. The Europeans have Interpol after all.
    There would be no extradition. It would be the arrest of someone who has committed a crime in the US by a US law enforcement agency. Of course they would be taken back to the US. Same goes for a Canadian who tries to flee and is arrested by an RCMP officer who pursues them into Montana. The only difference is the place they were arrested.
    See Crank. See Crank Walk. Walk Crank Walk.

My Ride
    Vettel's #1

I'd rather have illegal drug runners in Canada than the American agents trying to catch them.

Seems like something retards would complain about.
    Vettel's #1

My Ride
    AP1 / CRV

they want access to Commander X!

http://news.nationalpost.com/2012/05...tion-on-earth/

Srsly tho, this is bullshit.

I like the part where they would not comment about drone flights. Once their foot is in the door there will be no getting rid of the US agents. Canada eroding under the Harper Government should be no surprise though.

Any half life fans?

Originally posted by spikers
    You should re-read the article, and specifically how this would go both ways.
    and historical agreements with the US have always gone so well. Like Free Trade and Softwood Lumber
    heloc that shit

Opening the door to a flagrantly imperialist country, what could possibly go wrong?

My Ride
    G37X

Originally posted by lint

and historical agreements with the US have always gone so well. Like Free Trade and Softwood Lumber
    He has a point...

My Ride
    MB E420, Honda Civic DX-G

Default Re: Re: Harper giving away Canada, bit by bit....

I have no issues with this. If the FBI/CIA/Local sheriff is pursuing a suspect, and they make it across some imaginary line on a map, they get away scott free. No, I have no problems with that. They should be able to pursue the person(s) across that imaginary border.

On the other hand, if this is abused and the FBI start pursuing Canadian suspects on Canadian soil for crimes committed in Canada, then I have a problem.
    Never knew the US-Canada border was imaginary.

My Ride
    '21 F150 PowerBoost

Default Re: Re: Re: Harper giving away Canada, bit by bit....

Originally posted by desi112

Never knew the US-Canada border was imaginary.
    Ignorance is ignorant in this thread.

Like I said, I don't want Canada to be a safe haven for any criminals from any nation. As far as I am concerned, any country that wants to come here to apprehend a criminal, and bring them back to their country to face punishment, I say, have at 'er, if my tax money does not have to be spent to apprehend another countries' criminal, I am all for it.
    Boosted life tip #329
    Girlfriends cost money
    Turbos cost money
    Both make whining noises
    Make the smart choice.

Last edited by J-hop; 07-29-2017 at 10:43 PM.

My Ride
    G6

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Harper giving away Canada, bit by bit....

Ignorance is ignorant in this thread.

Like I said, I don't want Canada to be a safe haven for any criminals from any nation. As far as I am concerned, any country that wants to come here to apprehend a criminal, and bring them back to their country to face punishment, I say, have at 'er, if my tax money does not have to be spent to apprehend another countries' criminal, I am all for it.
    I think that'd depend. If something is legal in Canada but not legal somewhere else (ex: insulting Mohammed), they shouldn't be allowed to come in and take the dude who did it scott free.

My Ride
    05 Civic

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Harper giving away Canada, bit by bit....

I think that'd depend. If something is legal in Canada but not legal somewhere else (ex: insulting Mohammed), they shouldn't be allowed to come in and take the dude who did it scott free.
    It depends... If he committed the act in the original country, and fled to Canada, then by law he still committed a crime there and can be punished by his own country imo (not agreeing with this "so called" law, just stating the circumstances). If they came in declaring anyone who insulted Mohammed an international criminal and started arresting and bringing back Canadians, then we would have a problem.

But then again, this has nothing to do with middle eastern countries.
    Last edited by -relk-; 05-23-2012 at 01:01 PM.

My Ride
    '21 F150 PowerBoost

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Harper giving away Canada, bit by bit....

Originally posted by -relk-

It depends... If he committed the act in the original country, and fled to Canada, then by law he still committed a crime there and can be punished by his own country imo (not agreeing with this "so called" law, just stating the circumstances). If they came in declaring anyone who insulted Mohammed an international criminal and starting arresting and bringing back Canadians, then we would have a problem.
    ^^ what he said.
    Boosted life tip #329
    Girlfriends cost money
    Turbos cost money
    Both make whining noises
    Make the smart choice.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 ... LastLast