Quantcast
Fighting a ticket - Beyond.ca - Car Forums

Thread: Fighting a ticket

My Ride
    07 stg 3 STI

Default Fighting a ticket

Im looking for someone to go and fight a stunting ticket for me and was wondering if someone could give me a referral to someone who's done good work for them in the past. Already called Points but they seemed very unprofessional on the phone so not looking to go with them. Thanx guys

My Ride
    '19 GTI

I've dealt with Pointts before, and they were anything BUT unprofessional!

Best money I've spent being young and dumb...
    Pester won the case and dropped my ticket even when all he thought he could get was a reduction.

If you're looking for someone to sweet talk you on the phone they might not be the ones for you... But they definitely know what they're doing!

My Ride
    07 stg 3 STI

YA called them and some woman answered the phone and didn't seem like she had any idea what she was talking about. Ill give Pester a call right now thanx

or own up to your actions and pay?
    Thanks for the 14 years of LOLs. Govern yourselves accordingly and avoid uppercut reactions!

My Ride
    Reeks of Awesomeness

Originally posted by Rat Fink
    Over half of all tickets are beatable.... I have personally never lost. Why the heck wouldn't you fight it?

Have you seen the things the cops do? The same people that are enforcing traffic laws and promoting safe driving are doing unsafe things and breaking the law all the time. Today I had a cop blow by me going at least 25 over and he had one hand on his laptops trackpad while doing it.

FIGHT YOUR TICKETS! In Phoenix they had so many people fight tickets they discovered that their cash cow was actually losing them money due to so many people fighting them, so they got rid of the speed traps. It's not about safety folks, don't kid yourself.

My Ride
    is wild

Originally posted by wardpr68

Over half of all tickets are beatable.... I have personally never lost. Why the heck wouldn't you fight it?

Have you seen the things the cops do? The same people that are enforcing traffic laws and promoting safe driving are doing unsafe things and breaking the law all the time. Today I had a cop blow by me going at least 25 over and he had one hand on his laptops trackpad while doing it.

FIGHT YOUR TICKETS! In Phoenix they had so many people fight tickets they discovered that their cash cow was actually losing them money due to so many people fighting them, so they got rid of the speed traps. It's not about safety folks, don't kid yourself.

Reasons why Drumheller area wouldn't make a good race track venue...

Originally posted by Agera_56
    My wife likes to shop but, I'm sorry, Drumheller isn't going to cut it in that regard (sorry guys, but honestly, if she's happy, I'm happy).

My Ride
    '19 GTI

My real problem with fighting though is taking the time out of work to fight it (often out money in the end to prove a point).

Id rather pay the fine, go to work - make more than the fine and go on with life.

Last edited by Rat Fink; 12-03-2020 at 08:46 AM.
    Thanks for the 14 years of LOLs. Govern yourselves accordingly and avoid uppercut reactions!

We adults pay and change our behaviour, children cry and stamp their feet until they get what they want. When you get a ticket it is never the first time you pulled whatever crap it was that got the attention of a cop. The lawyers ought to be t-boned on the way to court by one of their previous clients pulling some childish crap, right there that would be karma at work.
    Last edited by CanmoreOrLess; 05-24-2012 at 12:31 AM.

My Ride
    CLK 55 / 2g Eclipse / EP3

I dunno, I've had 3 tickets in my lifetime all for speeding. I was definately speeding and therefore see no reason why I shouldn't have gotten ticketed for doing so when I drove by the police. 2 of the 3 times my speed was reduced down to the minimum amount. Maybe my logic seems fucked but I really don't feel like being that person who goes down to the courthouse and whines and bitches to get off the hook for something I actually did.

.....accountability is what I'm thinking. It's quite the concept.
    You didnt really have anything to gain in court if the constable let you off with a minimum charge. They were already cutting you a break roadside.

I have used Pointts a couple of times and they were great.

The whole discussion of 'owning up' or fighting the ticket is too long and has been covered many times here. All I know is that Pointts isn't cheap, I ended up paying more or almost equivalent to the ticket I was fighting and that alone was lesson learned on my end.

Go with Pointts, they are good and normally get you off the ticket entirely or have it switched to a lesser fine with no demerits.

GL.

My Ride
    Saab 9-5

Think of the children when speeding and even animals.
    http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/3/34/The_Smoking_Man_(X-Files).jpg

My Ride
    NC1

He will own up and pay but if he can get it reduced why the heck not. If you got the minimum ticket i.e 2 demerits and a slap on the wrist $80 fine or whatever it is, then sure, no need to fight.
    Originally posted by rage2
    Shit, there's only 49 users here, I doubt we'll even break 100
    I am user #49

I broke rules and got caught?!? Maybe I should protest and get the government to pay..

My Ride
    '19 GTI

Originally posted by w_man
    I have used Pointts a couple of times and they were great.

The whole discussion of 'owning up' or fighting the ticket is too long and has been covered many times here. All I know is that Pointts isn't cheap, I ended up paying more or almost equivalent to the ticket I was fighting and that alone was lesson learned on my end.

Go with Pointts, they are good and normally get you off the ticket entirely or have it switched to a lesser fine with no demerits.

GL.

This.

I remember them being definitely pricey... But well worth it if you need "legal aid" - to use that term loosely.

I think i paid twice of what my ticket was to them, but the result of pleading guilty to the ticket would have meant a lot more than double the stated fine (wont get into personal details here - was quite a while ago).
    Lesson learned.

YYC & a huge farm in the (deep) south, central Sask
    My Ride
    12 cars trucks & bikes. From 1938 till new.

After not-so-legally putting on a helmet and riding bikes since I was 14, and boat loads of stupidity when I was younger I have a lot of experience with ticket representation. (Now since I was 19 I've really smartened up.)

With points, it's been pretty hit and miss. Typically they get rid of the demerits, but I've had to still pay most if not all of the fine. So I stopped going to him. I feel Points' popularity is due to advertising more then anything. He'll fight the ticket for you, but not try at all to make it as cheap for you as possible, despite knowing many ways how. After seeing how he conducts himself outside of his business (he can be a pompous, rude dick), it didn't take much to make me quit seeing him all together.

With "Fight that ticket", I've been very happy with the results. If I go to him with a few tickets then usually he can get at least one removed entirely. Usually the fines are greatly reduced or switched for a much lesser infraction. I've never had any demerits with anything afterwards. With him it always feels like I'm getting away with murder

Denis is a super cool guy, he rides a harley and has tons of cool stories, I love chatting with him. For rates; he's quite reasonable for the amount of money he's saved in ticket costs, leave alone insurance as well.
    Last edited by Graham_A_M; 05-24-2012 at 10:11 PM.
    "The music business is a cruel and shallow money trench, a long plastic hallway where thieves and pimps run free, and good men die like dogs. There's also a negative side"