Quantcast
Scion FRS/Subaru BRZ Thread - Page 8 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 8 of 47 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 18 ... LastLast

Thread: Scion FRS/Subaru BRZ Thread

My Ride
    13 Scion FR-S, 11 Mitsu Outlander

Originally posted by Xtrema

Why is anyone still want to go against manufacturer's recommendation baffles me. The difference is only like a latte per fill.

Both look very good. Still need to see one in person.
    Especially since the thing is 27+ mpg city - some guys are close to 40 highway.

91 is fine up here - I'd prefer 91 pure gas to 93 with ethanol on this motor.
    That's not sweat. It's your fat, crying.

My Ride
    1.8GHZ of V-TECH

Its not me. I use 91 in my type R. I have no problem paying the extra 7 dollars every fill up. Its just that when ever I go to fill up a frs at work i'm forced to use 87, and when I brought it up with management thy just shrugged it off

My Ride

Yah I heard a lot of dealers do that. Lexus gets midgrade, scions the cheap stuff. I went as far as to tell my dealer to do nothing - I'd gas it up myself. (was half full, put 91 in for the other half)

Since most people are keeping it under 4-5K for awhile it should be ok, but kinda dumb especially for their test mules?

The car will automatically adjust its tune to handle 87 octane just fine. If you're seriously cheap as fuck then go for it, you're not going to blow anything up. But yeah, it's like $5.00 extra per tank, you just bought a new car, gimme a break :P

My Ride
    19 Jeep Wrangler, 20 Hyundai Palisade

Originally posted by Xtrema

Why is anyone still want to go against manufacturer's recommendation baffles me. The difference is only like a latte per fill.

Because at our altitude some "premium fuel" cars will run just fine on regular or midgrade gas. This is why in states like Colorado and New Mexico 85 octane is "regular" gas.

Like someone said here this car says 93 but I bet it runs perfectly fine on Shell 91.

My Ride
    10' 4Runner SR5

Originally posted by Redlined_8000

You should get it!
    Maybe when this illusive supercharged version becomes available! Until then I should go drifting with the current model on test drives.
    Ultracrepidarian

My Ride

Just an update:

Still in break-in. Love this car so much - I take any excuse to drive it!

Avg 8.5L/100 in city/deerfoot. Some guys on FRS club have gotten close to 40mpg on the highway trips.

Interior is not cheap. Gauges, dash material, wheel - BMW class easy (did a side by side with buddy's 330i). Steering wheel kills a base 911 wheel. Even the weird space invader gt86 patterns work well.

Glovebox, center console, HVAC controls, non-touch panels - yah, that's Toyota corolla/TC class. I will pay to have someone solder in red LEDs to match it up, or buy an aftermarked solution (lots being worked on).

I really like the base/ghetto stereo. 200W, sounds fine once you switch the mode to FRS. Big buttons make it easy to use and the USB/Bluetooth is lightning fast.

There is no storage anywhere beyond the cupholders.

I've got the hid projectors, homelink/dim mirror, led interior/trunk/reverse lights on the way. Adjusted clutch catch point so now it's not so high off the floor.

My Ride
    Slow Injected

Wow nearly 40mpg is impressive. How high are your rpms at highway speeds?

My Ride

Originally posted by gyu
    Wow nearly 40mpg is impressive. How high are your rpms at highway speeds?
    Manual is geared differently than the auto. So in 6th at 120 I think I'm over 3000 - but it's surprisingly quiet. The auto has a taller 6th so it revs lower.

My Ride
    AP1 / CRV

Originally posted by Khyron
    Just an update:

Still in break-in. Love this car so much - I take any excuse to drive it!

Avg 8.5L/100 in city/deerfoot. Some guys on FRS club have gotten close to 40mpg on the highway trips.

Interior is not cheap. Gauges, dash material, wheel - BMW class easy (did a side by side with buddy's 330i). Steering wheel kills a base 911 wheel. Even the weird space invader gt86 patterns work well.

Glovebox, center console, HVAC controls, non-touch panels - yah, that's Toyota corolla/TC class. I will pay to have someone solder in red LEDs to match it up, or buy an aftermarked solution (lots being worked on).

I really like the base/ghetto stereo. 200W, sounds fine once you switch the mode to FRS. Big buttons make it easy to use and the USB/Bluetooth is lightning fast.

There is no storage anywhere beyond the cupholders.

I've got the hid projectors, homelink/dim mirror, led interior/trunk/reverse lights on the way. Adjusted clutch catch point so now it's not so high off the floor.
    the only thing that really sticks out to me as not so great in the interior was the material choice for the seats. Otherwise pretty sharp interior on the whole for sure.

i'm considering getting the FR-S or BRZ but i was curious which financing option would be the best, so i made a table of the breakdown on the pricing and how much interest you're actually paying when financing one of these puppies, along with the BRZ Sport-tech and non-Sport-tech as a comparison.

My Ride
    DA6, R59

Originally posted by azian_advanced
    i'm considering getting the FR-S or BRZ but i was curious which financing option would be the best, so i made a table of the breakdown on the pricing and how much interest you're actually paying when financing one of these puppies, along with the BRZ Sport-tech and non-Sport-tech as a comparison.

I dont think the interest column for the FR-S 60 month is quite accurate seeing that $528.24 x 60mth is $31694.40 not $35709.18.

My Ride
    Has AWD

Rolled up beside a nice white FR-S today, first one ive seen in person, looks very nice

-Good looks all around
    -Low CoG
    -Well sorted in a corner
    -only needs a tiny bit more power to make it a powerful force around a road course

A good potential next car for me in a few years once they add more power

My Ride

Road and Track changed tires to Dunlop Direzza Star Spec 215/45/17 (keeping stock size) and it beat both the Mazdaspeed 3 and the WRX at Spring Mountain. Pretty good company I think.

My Ride
    957,958,NC1,NC3,E90,ITR

Road and Track changed tires to Dunlop Direzza Star Spec 215/45/17 (keeping stock size) and it beat both the Mazdaspeed 3 and the WRX at Spring Mountain. Pretty good company I think.

My Ride
    18 BRZ Sport-Tech RS, 05 Corolla XRS, Planes

i was in edmonton today and a white BRZ pulled up next to us. i think the scion version looks better... is there anything different body wise? im too lazy right now to check
    Rides:
    2018 BRZ Sport-Tech RS
    2005 Corolla XRS
    Single Engine Planes

My Ride
    957,958,NC1,NC3,E90,ITR

Originally posted by DboyNismo
    i was in edmonton today and a white BRZ pulled up next to us. i think the scion version looks better... is there anything different body wise? im too lazy right now to check
    I think the front bumper makes the FRS look better, the BRZ's front end is a little tamer.

Yup, stick a set of wider Volks and some Michelin Super Sports on and these cars will stick like crazy. The BRZ and FRS are the best value for performance/looks/and raw driving dynamics out there.

Bay Area Dreamin'
    Cruisin' in Cowtown
    10' IS F

My Ride
    Grimace

That was an interesting video. Slower with the 18's also. I wonder if they were lower profile if it would fix that defecit but I imagine those would be really low tires and wouldn't work in a city like calgary.

My Ride

Originally posted by schocker
    That was an interesting video. Slower with the 18's also. I wonder if they were lower profile if it would fix that defecit but I imagine those would be really low tires and wouldn't work in a city like calgary.
    They were oversized, effectively changing the gearing for less accl. They should have used 18s that retained the correct total diameter.

Page 8 of 47 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 18 ... LastLast