Quantcast
Scion FRS/Subaru BRZ Thread - Page 40 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 40 of 47 FirstFirst ... 30 39 40 41 ... LastLast

Thread: Scion FRS/Subaru BRZ Thread

My Ride
    Toyota 86 Wannabe (FR-S)

For you Scion FRS owners, I guess BRZ owners are fine too...

Country Hills Toyota is holding a Show and Shine BBQ shindig. Thought I'd give it a share...

https://www.facebook.com/events/6679...ilter=upcoming

Photo by: Kevin Chow

My Ride
    X5D, Fiesta ST

I think I finally have my car set where it is most enjoyable to drive for now...

Has anyone ordered the Scion FR-S Release Series 1.0? Heard there's only allowed in Canada out of 1500 produced.

I'm seriously considering an FR-S, specifically the Series 1.0. Price wise I heard it starts at $29,999.99?

If I don't get the Release 1.0, does the FR-S come with smart key, push button start and Auto Climate control? Or is that only in the Suby version and Release 1.0?

Thanks!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Disoblige View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Arash reminds me of Mar but I can't tell which one is more stupid.
    Quote Originally Posted by JRSC00LUDE View Post
    Yeah well I wonder how they get the soft flowing caramel inside the Caramilk bar but you don't see me making a god damn thread about it. Slap your wife Baygirl, straighten him out.

My Ride
    AWD grandpa wagon

Sounds just like the Monogram edition

Originally posted by BokCh0y
    Has anyone ordered the Scion FR-S Release Series 1.0? Heard there's only allowed in Canada out of 1500 produced.

I'm seriously considering an FR-S, specifically the Series 1.0. Price wise I heard it starts at $29,999.99?

If I don't get the Release 1.0, does the FR-S come with smart key, push button start and Auto Climate control? Or is that only in the Suby version and Release 1.0?

Thanks!!!
    only brz get that

Yeah I did some researching online, seems the BRZ Limited has the heated seats, auto-climate control, push button start, HID's.

The Realease 1.0 has some of those features too, but no heated seats I think.

Also read that only 75 allowed in Canada.

I really like this new FRS/BRZ, but it just seems a bit underpowered to me? But I heard it's one helluva of a fun car to drive though .

Am considering a test drive tomorrow.
    Yeah well I wonder how they get the soft flowing caramel inside the Caramilk bar but you don't see me making a god damn thread about it. Slap your wife Baygirl, straighten him out.

My Ride
    AWD grandpa wagon

What's the price difference between release 1.0 vs monogram?

My Ride
    ZN6, JCE10

Originally posted by BokCh0y

No it's higher. Two week ago I was told 32.8 plus taxes etc, and thus for me it was an easy choice to go with the regular model. Not that I think yellow is a good thing.

Last edited by Sugarphreak; 08-06-2019 at 03:33 PM.

My Ride
    Ioniq 5

Originally posted by Sugarphreak
    Just wondering if anybody test drove this back to back with the Fiesta ST? What impressions did you have about the differences?
    Ive owned both if that counts?

Power: the fiesta wins, even though they are both 200hp the fiesta has more usable power. The frs had a terrible torque dip that sucks all the mid ranger power away. Either you granny drive it or rev the piss out of it. I love the fiesta for just giving it some gas and being gone.

Handling: frs wins hands down, better weight distribution and lower Center of gravity it was a blast on the track (haven't had the fiesta out yet) though the fiesta actually isn't too bad, the stiffer suspension on the st over the base fiesta makes it get around pretty good

Interior: the fiesta wins over the frs, heated seats, push button start, nav, auto ac, etc is definitely a lot nicer for DD. Though if you get the brz or a release series frs you can get these options for a higher price point.

Fun: rwd wins over fwd anyday for getting bored and going sideways. No way the fiesta compares

Daily use: contrary to popular belief on these forums I quite like having 4 doors and being able to have passengers. We've already taken it out to the mountains hiking and such. The frs you're never going to get anyone comfortable in the back seat.

Mods: for power the fiesta actually wins, minor bolt ons you can get good gains thanks to the turbo, the frs won't get over 200whp without boost or nitrous. For other tuning mods the frs wins, there's such a huge aftermarket support already.

Price: out the door my fiesta loaded was 4k less than my frs. And it'll be less common so should holds it's value better. Frs are getting to be fairly common on the roads now and tons on kijiji for sale already.

Personally I like my fiesta over the frs. It's just more fun for everyday driving having the quick spooling little turbo.

Originally posted by pheoxs

Ive owned both if that counts?

Power: the fiesta wins, even though they are both 200hp the fiesta has more usable power. The frs had a terrible torque dip that sucks all the mid ranger power away. Either you granny drive it or rev the piss out of it. I love the fiesta for just giving it some gas and being gone.

Handling: frs wins hands down, better weight distribution and lower Center of gravity it was a blast on the track (haven't had the fiesta out yet) though the fiesta actually isn't too bad, the stiffer suspension on the st over the base fiesta makes it get around pretty good

Interior: the fiesta wins over the frs, heated seats, push button start, nav, auto ac, etc is definitely a lot nicer for DD. Though if you get the brz or a release series frs you can get these options for a higher price point.

Fun: rwd wins over fwd anyday for getting bored and going sideways. No way the fiesta compares

Daily use: contrary to popular belief on these forums I quite like having 4 doors and being able to have passengers. We've already taken it out to the mountains hiking and such. The frs you're never going to get anyone comfortable in the back seat.

Mods: for power the fiesta actually wins, minor bolt ons you can get good gains thanks to the turbo, the frs won't get over 200whp without boost or nitrous. For other tuning mods the frs wins, there's such a huge aftermarket support already.

Price: out the door my fiesta loaded was 4k less than my frs. And it'll be less common so should holds it's value better. Frs are getting to be fairly common on the roads now and tons on kijiji for sale already.

Personally I like my fiesta over the frs. It's just more fun for everyday driving having the quick spooling little turbo.
    That is great feedback, thanks for the info. I will still most likely go with the RFS/BRZ though over the Fiesta, but in all honesty, it is because I am a Toyota fanboy at heart, and my Japanese wife is a biatch about german and American cars

Originally posted by Cueman

No it's higher. Two week ago I was told 32.8 plus taxes etc, and thus for me it was an easy choice to go with the regular model. Not that I think yellow is a good thing.
    Thanks for the clarification

I was supposed to go for a test drive on Saturday but missed it. Will try for next week.

I'm really digging the Release 1.0.

My Ride
    fg2

I ended up picking up an RS1.0. Wanted an FR-S ever since the rumors for this car started like 10 years ago lol. the RS 1.0 is totally over priced for what it is. But it's super ricer, and that makes me happy.

nice ! any plans on giving it more punch to back that yellow up?

i might add the brush shifter bezel is a nice touch.
    Originally posted by Mibz
    Somebody quoting things without reading them? On the internet?
    GET THE FUCK OUTTA TOWN
    Originally posted by Toma
    First dibs sniffing bras panties when dirty girls bring their cars in

My Ride
    Unit 91 come in 91

Blacked out lights all around!

My Ride
    X5D, Fiesta ST

I'm still not a fan of the RS 1.0

Originally posted by dansmith11
    I ended up picking up an RS1.0. Wanted an FR-S ever since the rumors for this car started like 10 years ago lol. the RS 1.0 is totally over priced for what it is. But it's super ricer, and that makes me happy.

Love it.

more pics please!!!

I didn't end up picking one up btw.

My Ride
    fg2

Originally posted by Heru-Farukon
    nice ! any plans on giving it more punch to back that yellow up?

i might add the brush shifter bezel is a nice touch.
    my only real problem with the car is that the engine sound is pretty boring, the RS 1.0 has a different exhaust (axle back only though) which helps a bit. but i still miss the sound of my k20 w/ full exhaust.

i want to do an intake, a header/full exhaust (keeping the TRD axle back quad tip setup, but i want to replace the header/overpipe/frontpipe/midpipe).. mostly for sound reasons, though it will also help with power.. especially the torque dip that this car has around 3500rpm.

then of course if im doing intake/exhaust, i'll need a tune.. because everything i read indicates the MAF/ecu are super picky on this car, and you end up with weird AFR's when you start modding without a tune. but this will have to wait for a year or two probably. need to make sure my engine is solid before i go messing with possible warranty issues.

suspension wise, i probably wont do a lot, if i lower it, i'll likely just wreck my expensive kit haha, camber bolts up front and some sway bars is probably all i will do there.

and of course brakes... probably start with just upgraded pads/fluid. but STI brembos apparently bolt right on if i decide to go for a full on big brake upgrade.. but that probably wont be needed until they open a track again (if that ever happens lol)

i've only had the car for a week lol so im trying my best not to be tempted to order a bunch of mods right off the bat. but it's damn difficult. so many options for this car.

My Ride
    X5D, Fiesta ST

STi Brembos aren't quite as straight forward as "bolt right on" and are not much of an upgrade anyway. Until you are boosted you won't need much more than pads lines and fluid for lapping. At that point I would consider the Essex sprint kit first.

My Ride
    fg2

a few more pics

My Ride
    fg2

Originally posted by Twin_Cam_Turbo
    STi Brembos aren't quite as straight forward as "bolt right on" and are not much of an upgrade anyway. Until you are boosted you won't need much more than pads lines and fluid for lapping. At that point I would consider the Essex sprint kit first.
    ya, i wont really know what i'm going to do for brakes until i get a chance to really push the car.

i am a big fan of big brakes.. but 2k for a kit is pretty pricey.. and on a car this light its likely not necessary.. i lapped my 08 civic si for years with just upgraded pads and was perfectly happy with it. im not that hardcore :P

Page 40 of 47 FirstFirst ... 30 39 40 41 ... LastLast