Quantcast
Limo/Escalade Rental company recommendations - Beyond.ca - Car Forums

Thread: Limo/Escalade Rental company recommendations

My Ride
    05 Outback 2.5xt

Default Limo/Escalade Rental company recommendations

Been getting quote's for Limo Rentals for my October wedding, and I'm pretty shocked at the cost. Most are around $650-$900 for 4 hours, and that's for 7 of us. I was thinking of maybe just renting a large SUV, like an escalade, or a navigator instead.

Anyone recommend a certain company for this?

YYC & a huge farm in the (deep) south, central Sask
    My Ride
    12 cars trucks & bikes. From 1938 till new.

Way back a number of years ago I used to Chauffeur for Ambassador limo. Then later for California Dream Limo, and did some part time work for Allied, for a very short while.

I'd give Bev at California a call, she's great and the limos are nice, as are the Chauffeurs.
    http://www.californiadreamlimousine.com/rates.html
    It may be a wiser idea to rent them on a per hour basis. What I'd suggest is to rent one for an hour, or however long you need it then go about the wedding, then have him come back to shuttle the people off to the hotel or wherever. That way you're booking two hours (or thereabouts), which is about $300-350 or so depending on what limo you rent and gratuity. Packages can be quite expensive and there are ways around them for sure. $900 is fucking retarded. I've only had one trip that was about that high, and I was with them literally the whole day.

Avoid Ambassador, Calgary Limo and definitely avoid Allied.

Ambassador used to be excellent and the best in Alberta, but they went down hill very fast after I and the other managers left. I dont know if their still the biggest limo company in Canada, but I really doubt it.

With Calgary Limo, the owner is very shady and has a horrendous rep with other limo companies or people involved in the industry.
    His "Monster SUV" Navigator limo is a piece of shit, if you ever seen inside you'd know.

With Allied I was very unimpressed by the lack of professionalism from their drivers/chauffeurs. How they run the company to me is also very poor. It just left a very sour taste in my mouth.

Another option would be to rent executive vans. Their quite nice, and if its only 7 people thats another option.
    http://www.thecheckergroup.com/limo/fleet.php
    ^ Ambassador's website.

There are also smaller limos which are usually a lot lower in price to rent then these big limo buses or Excursions etc.
    Last edited by Graham_A_M; 05-27-2012 at 06:34 PM.
    "The music business is a cruel and shallow money trench, a long plastic hallway where thieves and pimps run free, and good men die like dogs. There's also a negative side"