Quantcast
Rental Property Management - Beyond.ca - Car Forums

Thread: Rental Property Management

Default Rental Property Management

Can anyone recommend a rental property management company? Gonna be overseas for 2 years. Was told to look at Emerald and Hope Street but their reviews aren't the greatest. Thanks.

My Ride
    honda with fart can

I don't have much experience with them but from what I've heard, Sunflower is alright. Prices seem high at 8% of gross rent but not sure what others are charging.
    sig deleted by moderator, click here for info

My Ride
    A fat car

Whatever you do, pls stay away from CR asset managments, I'm also currently oversea as well but I had nothing but problems.

He, the owner Cedric never retuns my call nor emails. I, myself have to ask my friends and relatives to chase him down and pay up. (We usedto go to the same church when my family was there). The way that he handled our financial side of things were terrible. He hold up the payments in his own account and only pays up when we had to chase him for it. At the beginning, we gave him the benefit of the doubt that the rentee might not be paying up, upon investigation, we found that he had hold up the payments in his account. My brother's in-laws are going thru him as well... unfortunately are going thru the same ordeals (actually worse as they haven't receive their rents yet)

On the property management perspective, he didn't do anything to 'manage'. My parents went back to terminate the contract and upon taking back the property, we found out that the floors were dirty, carpet had stained, multiple holes behind the doors... the list could go on. The troubling thing is he never took any of the deposit money to at least try to clean the carpet...I understand that it is not his fault that the place is dirty, but I'm just mad that he didn't help to manage the place to return it into the original (or closse to) form.

I'm just pissed off about the lack of communications and the shady-ness of his way of handling our financials. I felt that he's taking advantage of us because we are not living in the same country...

Funny that above mentioned Sunflower as we have just transfered to them as well, so far no complains, but we had just transferred over this past month. Pm me if you need details.

Sorry for the rant and hope you don't need to follow my miserable experience.

I use Power Properties. They are certainly not cheap but have been using them for 1.5 years now and they are very professional. They have regular inspections and now they have their own maintenance department which does all/any repairs.

Something to keep in mind ... part of their business is selling real estate so when you sign a contract with them for property management, they try to sneak in a clause for them to sell your property if you decide to sell up to 90 days after you stop using their services or if you decide to sell while they are managing your property - don't agree to this if you don't want and negotiate.

Other than that - they have been very professional and were very stringent on finding a tenant for my property. All bills/payments/inspections/documents are managed online through an 'owner's portal' and payments are always made on time.

GL.