Quantcast
Stop Ford from sending mail? - Beyond.ca - Car Forums

Thread: Stop Ford from sending mail?

Default Stop Ford from sending mail?

I ran out of ideas on what else to do, so wondering if anybody here has any suggestions?

I bought my house 6 years ago, and since then the Ford Canada has been sending addressed mail to the previous owner, whom we'll call Bob. If it was the occasional flyer, recall notice, etc... that would be one thing, but I've gotten 3 in the last month alone.

I've called Ford Canada, and they claim privacy laws prevent them from not spamming me. Only Bob can correct his address. Even though, for all I know, Bob may have died 5 years ago. Bob isn't going to get any more mail. If Bob isn't dead, he clearly doesn't care to receive it any more.There is apparently no way I can remove my address from their system.

Some of the mail had Cam Clark listed on it, so I tried calling Cam Clark. They were very friendly and explained that they weren't sending any mailings. They even tried calling Ford Canada themselves. They were equally rejected.

So, my question here does any is there any way I can prevent some company from sending mail to my house? Any laws that would protect me in this case? I would like to be reasonable in all of this, I like Ford as a company. I just don't understand why they have to send me crap every week or two.

My Ride
    E90M3 510 Wagon

weird, they never send me anything

the nice thing about phones though is that you can be whoever you want on them... Bob

I thought of that, and it may be my next choice. I had high hopes of taking the honest route, being direct and asking nicely.

My Ride
    Lease

Keep on crossing out the receiver's name (ie. BOB), and write "Return to sender" or "Receipient no longer here"

Just keep doing it, have done that to many properties that are ex-tenant occupied and used property purchases (where the seller didn't give a shit about getting their mail)

When you cross the receiver's info, cross it out so the mail guy can't even see the info, not just 2 quick lines.

Good luck.

That's what I've done for all of the mail to this point. The rest of the companies got the message. I assume Ford responds by sending twice as many to the incorrect address in hopes that Bob will show up and want to buy 3 trucks. In the last 6 years, it seems to have increased. Or maybe it just seems like more because my wife seems them and gets even more frustrated then I do. :-)

My Ride
    Audi

Have you talked to your local post office as it is addressed mail?

My Ride
    02 TL1000R, 14 F150 FX4, 11 XKR 175

Just don't worry about it and throw it in recycling?

We get stuff like this from previous owners and it just goes out with the rest of the recycling.

You tried, it didn't work, move on.

My Ride
    '21 F150 PowerBoost

yeah, 2 years later I still get addressed mail to the old owners of the house. I did the whole RTS thing and crossing out the names, but they still keep coming. Now it all just goes through the shredder and into recycling.
    Boosted life tip #329
    Girlfriends cost money
    Turbos cost money
    Both make whining noises
    Make the smart choice.

Originally posted by Mibz
    Always a fucking awful experience seeing spikers. Extra awful when he laps me.

My Ride
    VW Corrado VR6

Just collect it all. Put it in a garbage bag, and go dump it in a random ford dealership. When they come to ask you what you are doing, explain the situation. The dealership will have more "pull" than you, despite them already being rejected. Tell them that this will continue until Ford stops sending crap to you.

My Ride
    A big red Taco, '99 4Runner

Since it's paid mail, look in the address field for where the stamp should be. Does it say "First Class Mail" or "Addressed Admail"? If it's First class, crossing out the address, writing "RTS Moved" and leaving it by the mail box, should get it picked up and sent back to sender, where they should correct the issue. If it says "Addressed Admail", crossing out the address and such is useless. Once the letter gets to sortation, it's turfed, because we don't return admail. Then you would have to become "Bob" to get it to stop.

My Ride
    MB E420, Honda Civic DX-G

throw out the mail, problem solved.

Originally posted by desi112
    throw out the mail, problem solved.
    It's been 6 years... at this point, I'm happy to throw it out. The problem is the weekly/monthly mailings. I was just curious if I could legally get it to stop. I like(and more importantly my wife likes) my junk free mailbox.

Threaten them with harrasment charges

Just write "Return to Sender, Deceased" on it and pop it back into a mailbox - that seems to stop pretty much any unsolicited crap that we get.
    Will fuck off, again.

My Ride
    G37X

I personally think writing "I bought a Chevy..fuck off" on each letter would go a LONG way

Then again, I'm the type who will write "moved to easter island to avoid paying CRA" on RTS mail for former tenants